Bonus chapter 3

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene and Seulgi have been at the hospital since six in the morning. Seulgi held her girlfriend's hand and gave it a squeeze upon realizing how nervous she looked. "Hey.. it's going to be fine. You're going to be fine." 

"I'm scared. What if the surgery's not successful?" She swallowed. 

Seulgi shook her head. "It will be successful, don't scare yourself hmm?" She caressed Irene's head gently. "After this, you'll be able to see again.. and you can finally see how I look." Seulgi chuckled for a second before continuing, "What if you think I look as ugly as a whale?" She used her phone's front camera to look at herself. "Yup, I definitely look a little whale alright-"

"Stop it.." Irene laughed at her weird girlfriend. She heard footsteps advancing towards her bed and they both quietened down. It must be the doctor. Irene thought. 

"Good morning miss Bae, I'm Doctor Lee and I'll be helping you do the cornea transplant in just a while. A nurse should have already came in and talked you two through the whole process so we're going to push you to the operating theatre now." He explained. "Is there anything the both of you want to clarify?" They both shook their heads. "Okay, the surgery should be over in about two hours so if you'd like a place to wait for her you can do so in the waiting room on level two of the hospital." Seulgi thanked him and soon after, the doctor left to prepare for the surgery. 

When she turned back to look at Irene, she found tears welling up in her eyes. "Babe why are you crying?" Gently, she pulled the older girl into a hug, letting the tears soak through her shirt. "I- I'm so scared Seulgi... I don't know what to expect when I open my eyes after the transplant.." Irene sniffled. Her body trembling slightly as she buried her head in Seulgi's shoulder. 

"Hmm you should expect to see a very pretty looking girlfriend sitting beside you when you open your eyes." She smiled into Irene's hair. "I should be the one who's scared. You're going to be seeing me for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter