Final

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for helping me keep the tables and chairs Seulgi.." The white haired lady said while pushing a cart loaded with the folded chairs and tables.

"You could have just went home after work to rest." Seulgi frowned and shook her head upon hearing what the older woman said. "But there's no one to help you, and I can't let carry all these heavy things by yourself, halmeoni." 

"Thank you Seulgi, if only there were more people as kind hearted as you in this world.." Seulgi blushed and scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "A- ah..me? Thank you.." 

The granny chuckled at the cute girl and stopped in front of the tiny house at the side of the road. "Thank you for walking me home again Seulgi-ya. You should make your way home too, it's getting a little late." 

Glancing over at her wrist to look at the time, Seulgi nodded. "Goodnight, halmeoni. I'll come by tomorrow evening to help you at your stall."

"Ani, I'm sure you have other errands to run-" she fussed, but Seulgi cut her off mid sentence. "It's alright halmeoni, just sleep early tonight okay? Bye!" Before having the time to say anything else, the younger girl was already on her way back home. 

"Aigoo, this girl.." the granny shook her head lightly while watching Seulgi trip over her own foot before acting like nothing happened. 

-

The roads were quiet, just like every other night after sending the halmeoni back home. As Seulgi turned the corner, she heard soft whimpers coming from an alley in front. 

She knew better than to interfere in these type of situations, because what if it was a few Kidnappers luring her into their trap. But then again, what if someone really needed her help? 

"Ugh I hope I don't regret this..." she mumbled under her breath before slowly advancing into the dark alley. She scrunched her face up in disgust when her shoes stepped over the damp uneven floors, feeling some of the dirty sewage water splash on the back of her calves as she walked. 

Seulgi's eyes widened in shock upon seeing a girl who looked about her age being surrounded by a group of gang members. She moved to hide behind the nearest wall as quietly as she could, not wanting to get into trouble herself. 

"I- I'm sorry... please d- don't hurt me... I-" the girl was struck across the face by one of the men, shredding a bit of her skin with his fingernails. Seulgi clenched her fists so hard until some of her knuckles cracked. 

How could they do that to her?!

The girl let out another sob, her head thrown to the side due to the impact of the slap. "I s- swear! I d- don't have a- anymore money! Please.." 

Seulgi frowned at the sight of the poor girl getting terrorized by those unscrupulous gangsters. They shoved the girl to the side until she hit the wall and one of them started lightly hitting his palm with a baseball bat. 

"Do you want to break some bones?" He growled, dragging the wooden object down the side of her head. 

That's it. 

I'm not going to just stand here and watch this innocent girl get beaten to death.

Seulgi stomped towards them with her eyes aiming right into theirs, her heart pounding in her ears, chest heaving up and down rapidly. "Hey you bastards!" They turned around. 

"What the hell do you want pretty girl? I suggest you better move along otherwise don't regret if you suffer what this girl is going to go through." One of them taunted, giving the other girl another shove until she fell back to the wall.  

"Don't touch her. Or else." Seulgi warned, moving to stand in front of the girl who was sitting on the floor with her knees tucked close to her chest, blocking her from those men. "Move away pretty girl, or I'll-"

Seulgi swung her leg around and gave him a fast and powerful roundhouse kick in the ribs, he howled in torment then raced towards her. 

. Think fast, think fast.. God dammit Seulgi, you're dead meat now-

She then remembered, if she gave him a sharp punch to the jaw, it would be powerful enough to possibly knock him out. So she acted fast, and threw her clenched fists- knuckles first-  as fast and as hard as she could.

He stared at the river of blood that had appeared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter