Heartcaptor SaKYUra

Woogyu Land of Oneshots❤

Tags: FLUFF, otaku_au

Plot: Kim Sunggyu is a secret otaku who attended a festival solely for otakus, and there he found his favorite character, Li Syaoran who was cosplayed by Nam Woohyun.

 

 


"Aish these kids, seriously!"

Sunggyu glanced at the watch on his left wrist and then looked from left to right, scanning the area for a particular face.

He's been standing at the same spot for a straight half an hour where he and his friends are supposed to meet. He remembered Sungyeol lecturing him about not being lazy and actually come on time,which was promptly seconded by Myungsoo and Dongwoo. And now look at him, actually being the first one to arrive at the meeting place and for the first time in forever, has to wait for a good 30 minutes for his 'good' friends.

He huffed out a breath and just when he was about to explode from running out of patience, he spotted a group of young men walking towards his direction, laughing and talking without a care, like they weren't late for something.

The laughter stopped when Dongwoo spotted him with his brows furrowed so hard one would think it's a unibrow. He nudged the others and they all looked at the direction where Dongwoo was staring at and froze on the spot when they saw who was fuming on the other side.


Sungyeol then skidded to where he was, now all smiles and even had the audacity to wrap an arm around his shoulder.

"Woah, hyung! We never thought you'd come here first. We were actually talking at the cafe right beside our favorite fast food chain and we took longer time because we know you'd be at least an hour late. And what a shocker, it only took you 30minutes to be late! I should congrat-"

A loud smack in the head courtesy of Kim Sunggyu stopped Sungyeol from his speech.

"Ya, you long-legged monkey! You really think I just came here?! Do you know how long I've been waiting for you here?! Well for you information Mr. Lee Sungyeol, I have only waited FOR 30 FREAKING MINUTES!!!"


Sungyeol was rendered speechless by his hyung's outburst, along with the other guys. They even garnered the attention of some passers-by. When Sunggyu realized the impact, he quickly bowed down his head and muttered an apology to the public. 

He then glared at his dongsaengs who are either staring at him helplessly or looking down at the floor. He heaved a sigh and rubbed his temples.


These kids will be his death.

 

He then felt a pair of arms snake around his waist and he knew even without looking that it was the cat-person, Myungsoo, his cousin. 

"Hyung, in behalf of these idiots, I sincerely apologize. We never thought you'd be on time. Hee hee"

Though he doesn't want to admit it, Myungsoo's cuteness melts some of his anger away. He tapped the arms that were wrapped around him and then continued to glare at the other boys.

"What? Aren't you going to apologize for belittling your hyung?"

A chorus of apology was heard on the part of the 4th floor of the mall where a group of boys can be seen bowing their upper body in a ninety degrees position.

Sunggyu counted to ten before he decided to forgive them. He cleared his throat and then said, in his most authoritative voice.

"What are you all waiting for? The event already started. Come on."

 

The boys stared in a daze at Sunggyu, who is now making his way into the entrance hall. Only when they saw Sunggyu looking back at them and glaring did they scamper towards their hyung.

 

 


They've been strolling through the place for almost an hour now, randomly pointing at cosplayers who are portraying their favorite anime characters. Yes, they're attending OtakuFest, an event solely for otakus or lover of  Japanese animé or manga. As to why Sunggyu, a closeted otaku, is freely roaming around the place, there is only one answer: Free food. 

Who would ever say no to free food? And besides, he found himself enjoying and even forget what others might think of him when he squealed when he saw a Pikachu mascot roaming around. He then grabbed Myungsoo towards the pokémon and asked him to take a picture of him with Pikachu. His younger cousin could only sigh in defeat and click his camera away until Sunggyu seemed satisfied.

Myungsoo, being the only one among them who's good at photography, was again dragged by a screaming Dongwoo, who's now pointing at a man wearing a red vest and a yellow straw hat.


"Myungsoo! Luffy! One piece! Hurry!!" Sunggyu laughed at the seemingly incoherent words that Dongwoo spouted. He then proceeded to look around the area, scanning for characters he might recognize. He felt someone pass by behind him and he was enthralled by the scent the person left.

He looked behind him only to find out that there is a large crowd of people gathered, making it difficult for him to identify the fragrant stranger. He then shrugged it off and proceeded to run towards Sakuragi, his favorite character in Slamdunk. He took out his phone and asked for a selca from the other man, who politely posed for him.

He then heard Sungyeol shouting, again. But now the shout was directed at him.

 

"HYUNG! HYUNG! HYUUUUUUNG!"


"WHAT?! GOD, YOU'RE REALLY EMBARRASSING."

 

He bowed to Sakuragi and thanked him then went to where Sungyeol was calling him. He wore an irritated expression but for some reason, the younger wasn't fazed, his smile still so wide.


"Hyung, I found your favorite character!" He smiled even wider, which seemed impossible. 


"What do you mean? I already met Pikachu and Sakuragi though. They're my favorite characters."


"No, hyung. I mean, your FAVORITE. Your secret favorite? The one only I know of?"

He wiggled his eyebrows for good measure, waiting for Sunggyu to realize what he meant. And it was obvious when he did because Sunggyu's face turned into a shade of beet red.


"Y-you don't mean..him, right?" He whispered to the younger, careful not let other people in on their conversation.

 

"Of course, it's him hyung! There, over there" he pointed at their 10 o'clock direction and sure enough, he saw his secret favorite character.


Li Syaoran.


It doesn't help that the one portraying the young adult version of Syaoran was well-built and actually has a very handsome face. Sungyeol pushed him towards the man who was crowded by a group of young girls, asking for pictures. He tried to stood still, to set his feet firm on the ground buthe should've known better. Sungyeol never backs down at anything so in the end, he found himself in front of Syaoran and was dumbfounded when Sungyeol sassed out the young girls into scramming away.

 

Syaoran looked at them in mild confusion and knit his brows together, questioning their presence especially Sungyeol's behavior. 

 

Sungyeol was grinning broadly and then suddenly, he pulled Sunggyu in front of him and introduced him.

 

"Hi, this is my friend, Kim Sunggyu. He's a really huge fan of Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa Chronicles. And you are his favorite character! Oh, bless. Can you please give him a chance to have a picture of you two together?"

 

Sunggyu turned as red as a tomato especially when Syaoran laughed at him (or is it at Sungyeol?). He then nodded and faced Sunggyu.


"Well, hello there. It's an honor to meet someone as cute as you."

 

Damn, why is his voice so y? Kim Sunggyu doesn't know where to begin, the only thing he's sure of right now is that he felt like dying out of embarrassment as of the moment.


He felt arms drape around his shoulder and a whisper in his ear, "Smile."


 Automatically, he posed a V sign with his hands and smiled so wide.


After a couple of shots (courtesy of the devil Sungyeol), the younger gave him a thumbs up and faced Syaoran.

 

"Thank you for indulging us, especially my hyung. I bet he thinks he can die happy now that he has met Syaoran. Tsk tsk"

 

He was about to smack Sungyeol on the head but stopped when the gates of heaven open and he heard the angels sing. He looked at his right and found the source of music. Syaoran was laughing so hard, he even has tears in his eyes. 

 

Sunggyu was left agape and mesmerized by the beauty that is Syaoran. That is until a rude person made her way to Syaoran, effectively shoving him off to the side.

 

Syaoran was now trying to stop his laughter and smiled at the newcomer who's asking for a selca. He was all smiles for the camera while Sunggyu was on the side, sulking like a girlfriend on her period.

 

Sungyeol nudged him on the sides, which earned a growl from him. "What?!" he hissed.

 

Without waiting for any response, Sunggyu marched off to the opposite direction where luckily his friends are situated. Annoyance was written all over his face, which served as a sign that they shouldn't fool around with him. Sungyeol finally caught up with them and narrated what had transpired before the appearance of Sulky Gyu.

 

The group of friends laughed so hard, much to Sunggyu's annoyance, when Sungyeol came to the part where he was shoved by a girl and Syaoran never even glanced back at him.

 

"Ahhh now I see. Are you jealous Hyung that someone stole your Syaoran? What if she's his Sakura though?" 


The stupid comment from the stupid dino flared up his anger that made him decide to just end the day and go home. He put on a stern face when he said it which though reluctantly, the younger friends followed.

 

Myungsoo and him lived in the same neighborhood so when they were walking and almost reached Myungsoo's house, the latter casually draped an arm around his neck and said,

"Hyung, I'm sure you're going to meet your Syaoran again. No need to wear that sulky face. Your age is showing!" He said thr last part in a loud voice and then ran to his house laughing.

 

"Ya! You brat! I'm not old!" He then stomped his way to his house.

 

 

 

It has been a couple of weeks since the OtakuFest and the Syaoran event. Sunggyu has somehow returned to normal and his friends have finally forgotten what happened to him that day.

Or so he thought.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung! Look, look!" Dongwoo was being loud again, there's nothing really new. He followed the direction to which the younger was pointing at and saw 3 guys on the cafeteria line, chatting with each other while getting their food.

 

"What is it this time?" 


He looked past the guys, searching for something in the food section, and then glanced at Dongwoo. 

"Do you wanna eat some more?" 

 

Dongwoo sighed in defeat and then turned to Sungyeol who was beside him. 

"Yeollie, look over there. That short guy in the middle of two guys. See, there there." He pointed at Sungyeol who at first raised an eyebrow at him when he described someone short.

 

"You're really one to talk hyung. I bet that "short guy" is still taller than you. Hmmm wait, he kinda reminds me of someone... Do you know him?" He asked Dongwoo.

"I think so but! I need your confirmation since you were the one who saw him really up close that day."

Sungyeol stared at the guy, still trying to remember where he met him.

 

"That day..that day...hmm! Ah! OtakuFest!"


He then turned to Sunggyu, his eyes so wide while pointing at the direction Dongwoo told him earlier. He smacked Sunggyu's arm when he didn't budge and said in a loud voice that garnered the attention of some students near them.

 

"Hyung, OtakuFest! Syaoran!! Hyung, that's him. See? See?!"

 

Sunggyu stared at the person they're talking about, who's now walking towards a nearby table together with his friends. He stared at him for so long until he saw the resemblance. But this could be wrong...

 

How could I never notice such a fine specimen before when we study in the same school? No, this can't be. THAT can't be his Syaoran.  

 

He glanced sideways at Sungyeol, disbelief written all over face. 

 

"No, that would be really weird Yeol." He then dismissed the thought and returned his attention on his food only to be taken aback when Sungyeol got up from his seat and approached the table where the supposed Syaoran was sitting. 

 

He stared at his tall friend, and his eyes bulged out when he poked 'Syaoran' and said something, then pointed at him right after. When Syaoran looked his way, he thought he'd die out of embarrassment. He tried looking at the other side but he still felt the burning gaze from the guy.

 

He engaged Dongwoo in a nonsense conversation just so he could forget about the current situation. But oh boy, why did he even become friends with a thick-faced man?

 

He heard footsteps coming towards him followed by an over-cheerful call from Sungyeol.

 

"Hyung! It's confirmed. He really is that Syaoran."

 

Sunggyu asked for the ground to opem uo and just swallow him whole. He then stared at Sungyeol, more like gawked, and then turned his attention to the other guy in front of him who is now all-smiles. 

 

"Hi. I'm Nam Woohyun. Nice to finally meet you." He extended his hand to him and though reluctant, he shook it and introduced himself in return.

 

"Kim Sunggyu. Nice to meet you, too."


There was an awkward stretch of silence following the introduction.

 


"Ah, hyung! I have to hurry. I forgot I have a research paper I forgot to print out. I have to head out. I'll just leave you two."

Sungyeol looked at the others (his friends and Woohyun's friends) to make up some excuses to leave the two alone.

 

"Hi, Kim Sunggyu-ssi. I am Lee Howon and this is my younger brother Lee Sungjong. We'd love to chat with you but we have something important to do too.. ahhh a family concern? Yes, it concerns our family. So uhm, see you guys around?"

 

Howon then dragged his younger brother out of the cafeteria, with Sungjong mocking him in a low voice.

"Wow. That was really smooth hyung. Not."

Sunggyu watched as Dongwoo and Myungsoo was dragged away by Sungyeol against their will because they still wanted to finish their food. But with Yeol's persistence, nothing gets in the way.

 

So a few moments later, Sunggyu found himself alone with Woohyun in their table. Woohyun sat down in front of him and fiddled with his fingers while awkwardly stealing glances at him.

Sunggyu was about to ignore the other guy's weirdness but it came to the point where he can't even concentrate on eating because he feels the weight of Woohyun's stare. He put down his fork and sighed.

"Do you have anything to say?" 

Woohyun was taken aback and was now scratching the back of his head while his ears became really red. He cleared his throat and looked back at Sunggyu.

"Well, I just.. uhm. So uh, you like me? I mean Li Syaoran?"

If it was any other person, Sunggyu might have kicked him in the shin and deny everything that was stated. But since this is Nam Woohyun who cosplayed as Syaoran and who, he guessed, already know he's a secret otaku and that his favorite is Cardcaptor Sakura.  He heaved a sigh and hoped that he wouldn't ever regret what he's about to say.

 

They talked about the anime and the chemistry between Sakura and Syaoran, the friendship between Tomoyo and Sakura and then the relationship of Sakura and his older brother. They were so into their conversation that they didn't notice how the time has flown so fast until they were interrupted by the ringing of the school bell, signaling the start of the afternoon class.

 

Sunggyu is not one for small talks with strangers but with Woohyun, he realized that the flow of their conversation was really smooth as if they've known each other for a long time. He smiled at Woohyun and bid goodbye, heading towards his next class until he felt a tug on his arm.


"Ah, hyung. I really like talking to you. If you don't mind, can I have your number?" 


Woohyun shyly extended his phone towards him. He accepted it and dialed his number on Woohyun's phone. 

"There. Feel free to call me or text me when you need something. Or if you just want to talk about random things, especially Cardcaptor Sakura."

He let out a hearty laugh and waved goodbye to Woohyun, who was now clutching his phone as if his life depended on it.

 

 

Days, months passed and Woohyun and Sunggyu became really close. They'd randomly talk about random talks but of course Sakura would always be mentioned. 

You can never see Woohyun without Sunggyu around, and vice-versa. They really stick to each other and sometimes, their own set of friends become jealous because they're always together.
Sunggyu learned a lot about Woohyun. He learned that Woohyun likes to do aegyo, has a great voice, has a nice smell, a beautiful laugh, has eyes that always smile, and lips that always curves upward. And the obvious, he's an otaku and a cosplayer.

He learned to like Woohyun, more than as a person who cosplayed Syaoran in the OtakuFest. He likes Woohyun because he's Nam Woohyun, the cutest 19 year old baby to ever live in this planet. And he knew the other wouldn't feel anything more than friendship for him. With all the girls confessing to him almost everyday, he still wonders why Woohyun never accepts even one.

"That's because he likes men, hyung. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he likes you. I mean the way he stares at you is just like a longing Romeo to his loving Juliette."

Sungyeol told him when by accident, his tongue slipped and asked why Woohyun still doesn't have a girlfriend, even with his popularity among the girl population. He turned red and smacked him when he heard the last sentence.
"What do you mean?! Am I the Juliette there? And no. Stop playing games with my heart. I told you I like Woohyun but I am not really hoping for him to actually like me back. That would be impossible."

"Ah whatever hyung. You're just refusing to see it with your own eyes. But I can't blame you, your eyes are small so- Ouch! Hyung, why did you smack me! And yes yes yes you're Juliette. Woohyun is Woomeo and you're the Gyuliette. Bleeh" 
He was about to smack Sungyeol but the younger was faster and was able to escape his attack.

He thought of what Sungyeol said.


Did he really look at me the way that troublemaker said? He shooke his head and fisted his hair. Look at him, overanalyzing things again. Don't expect Kim Sunggyu. You don't wanna get hurt or even lose your friendship with Woohyun.

He heaved a sigh. Loving someone doesn't really mean you have to commit with that person. Sometimes you just have to be satisfied at whatever connection you have with that special one, which in his case is their friendship. This is better than nothing at all.

Love.. wow did he really just use love? Tsk so troublesome. 

"Hyung"

Just when he thought he'd finally have a peace of mind, the troublemaker came back to where he was sitting earlier.

"What is it this time Lee Sungyeol?"

"Hyung, but what if he's your Woomeo but you're not his Gyuliette? What if he's you're Syaoran but you're not his Sakura! What then hyung?!" 


Sunggyu was about to scold him when they were interrupted by the subject of their conversation.


"Woah, Sungyeol-ah, you're quite fired up. What were you talking about, hyung?" Woohyun walked towards the bench where they're sitting, still sweating from his soccer practice.

"Ah well, we were just uh talking about which is a better pet. He's insisting dogs are better than cats.."

 Nice save...

And then without him really intending, he had to listen to Woohyun ranting about the advantages of having dogs as pet for a straight fifteen minutes while Sungyeol was trying not to laugh at Sunggyu for digging up his own grave.

"Therefore, dogs are really better." Woohyun smiled so bright Sunggyu was afraid he'd go blind.


Speechless, he just nodded which earned a series of nods from Woohyun.


"I love dogs. They remind me of you.." he thought.
 

 

 

 

A few more weeks to go before Prom approaches. His friends already have dates, Sungyeol is with his bestfriend and boyfriend Myungsoo, Dongwoo with his  crush Howon, and then there's Sungjong with Sungyoon. The only ones who don't have a partner for prom is him and Woohyun. 


Sunggyu thinks it wouldn't really take so much time before Woohyun actually finds a date and that would really make him the loser of the group. He might come to the prom ALONE.

He saw his friends' faces early this morning and they were all so giddy for the Prom, their smiles reaching up to their ears and their eyes full of excitement. He never found Woohyun this morning and it only added to his sadness.


He heaved a sigh and was about to return to his pity party when he heard someone call his name.

 

 

"Kim Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu, please proceed to the gymnasium. I repeat, Kim Sunggyu, please proceed to the gymnasium. Right Now."

 

He heard the familiar voice of Kim Myungsoo who is also the school announcer. 


What could it be...

 

All eyes were on him when he was heading to the gymnasium. Some smiling at him, some encouraging him (for what exactly? He thought)  and then there are girls who are glaring at him.


He just ignored them and proceeded to the gymnasium thinking of all the possible reasons as to why he was sent there.


The possible reasons he came  up with never matched what he saw inside the gymnasium the moment to he opened the big doors.

 

There were some schoolmates inside, all wearing a huge smile. He saw petals of red roses scattered on the ground, which spelled out his name.


Who might this be..


He moved forward and saw his friends in front of the stage , waving at him with Sungyeol telling him to sit on the chair facing the stage.


Without even bothering to tell him what's happening, his friends moved to the far side, leaving him alone in the center.


He heard the echo of the microphone and a very familiar voice spoke.

 

 

"Uh hello"

 


Two words and yet it was more than enough to set Sunggyu's heart to race. He glanced at his friends' side and he saw them giving him a thumbs up. He felt tears slowly forming in his eyes. 


And then he saw someone coming out from the side, up the stage. His Woohyun, with his hair combed up and his smile so bright.

 

He shyly looked at Sunggyu and waved at him. He then cleared his throat and continued speaking  to the microphone.

 

"It has already been seven months since we've known each other. The first time I saw you was in the Otaku Festival where I cosplayed as your favorite anime character, Li Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura.*giggle* I could never forget how adorable you were with your shy smile and your blushing face when your good friend Sungyeol asked me to take a picture with you. That day, I never thought I'd enjoy cosplaying more than I originally do. You made me laugh so hard without actually any effort on your part.


I would have wanted to ask for your name but one moment you were on the side while I take a photo with another otaku, and the next you were just gone. I tried searching for you, I really did but then I never found you. Days passed and I thought I'd forget about you. But then thoughts of you even visit me in my sleep. Your eyes, your blushing face and your shy smile.


And you'd never realize how lucky i felt when we met each other in the cafeteria, a month after the OtakuFest. I earned a friend and as the time passed, a crush and later on, somehow it evolved into something more.


I'd be forever grateful for that afternoon when I overheard Sungyeol talking about you liking me or else I'd never even think of confessing."

 


He cleared his throat while staring directly atSunggyu, who's now smiling with tears flowing on his face. Woohyun went down the stage and stood a few meters in front of Sunggyu.

 

"Just like Sakura, you are a genius captor. But instead of cards, you managed to capture my heart."

"Oooh so greasy!" Sungyeol shouted which earned an elbow from Myungsoo who's telling him to stop spoiling the moment.

Woohyun glared at Sungyeol and cleared his throat again, focusing on Sunggyu.


"I'll be the Woomeo to your Gyuliette. And I'll be your forever Syaoran. So, Kim Sunggyu, will you be my Sakura?"


The crowd around them shouted in response, urging Sunggyu to say yes.


Sunggyu on the other hand was speechless and was covering his face, crying. Woohyun moved closer to him and removed his hands from his face.
Sunggyu looked up at him.


"Will you be mine?" Woohyun asked again.

 


Instead of answering, Sunggyu stood up and smashed his lips on Woohyun's, which earned squeals and shouts from the crowd.


When Sunggyu pulled away, Woohyun then said,

"SO, is that a yes?"

 

"What do you think, idiot?" Sunggyu smiled at him.

Woohyun smiled so wide and then kissed Sunggyu passionately.

The crowd around them still squealed while their friends on the side are now ushering the people to leave them alone. They managed to let the others out without disturbing their moment.


The two were still in their own bubble of bliss and the group of friends doesn't want to bother so they just stared at them.

 


"Ah, Woohyun is so sweet. They're really cute together." Myungsoo sighed, then glared at his boyfriend. "Why can't you be as sweet as him?" 

 

Sungyeol just laughed it off and hugged him sideways, "But you still love me anyway, Myungie. And I love you just as much."


He then kissed Myungsoo on the lips, which took the other by surprise. He then smiled at his boyfriend and took one last glance at the WooGyu couple.

"Finally, they got together. Took them quite a long time but oh well. What matters is that they ended up together."


They then walked out the door, leaving the new couple staring into each other's eyes,  wrapped in their own bubble of love.

 
--------x
I suddenly remembered Jack Frost cosplayer when I attended OtakuFest last February and Sunggyu mentioning Carcaptor Sakura on Nico Nico interview. I apologize if it was kinda crappy >~< I write when i feel like it so..
Anyways, i hope you still enjoyed this. Comment down your thoughts^^ thank you =•=