4/5

Are we finally expecting?

After another week of practice, promotion period started. Back-to-back schedules, going from going to performances, variety shows, fansign events, radio guestings and more. And that latest for almost a good month. By the last week of promotions, everyone is almost dead-tired. But everyone pulled through because after this promotion period, everyone was allowed to go on a 2 week break before continuing to practice new upcoming possible comebacks.

 

It was the last day of promotions, and it ended with a radio appearance, everyone was settling down, saying how it was an amazing promotion period, thanking fans and everything. As usual, DJ’s ask random questions at everyone, what’s new?

 

“So, Taemin! How does it feel to dance to such a tough choreograph? Did you complain or were you scared of the starting? Aren’t you scared of being thrown too far?”
“Minho! When will we see the glorious abs again?”
“Key! How would you describe about this comeback’s style? What do you think you will want to wear for the next upcoming possible comebacks?”
“Jonghyun, can we expect more songs written from you? How do you get all these inspirations?”

 

Everyone laughed, and answered all the questions that were laid out one by one slowly. Since everyone answered questions, you were the only one that has yet been questioned by the DJ.

 

“Okay, hmm, last question for our Onew! So… we all know you guys have been in the industry for quite some years already, could there be anything that you have done that you wished you didn’t do during these few years, or do you ever regret about anything?”

 

When he asked, you could only think about that one matter, your miscarriage. You did not know why, but it was the first and the only thing that appeared in your mind. You were hesitant to answer but you could not leave the DJ’s answer hanging, the members were looking at you, but you could only look at Minho with the eyes of regret and sadness – and all of them noticed and were guessing on what topic you would be talking about. Minho wanted to speak up for you when you looked at him with your “eye-smile”, trying to let him know that you are alright to talk about that topic.

 

“Hmm, life is filled with regrets isn’t it? *awkward laugh* Just kidding, of course ever since debut we all have done stuff that we regret or we wish that we have never done, but those are just small matters I suppose? Hmm.. But honestly, there was one incident where I really regret about it. This incident will be one thing that I will regret and never in my life will forget about it. Kind of sounded so serious oh my goodness” *laughs*

“It is okay Onew-sshi! What happened though? You are alright now aren’t you?”

“Hahaha. Yes of course I am okay now. This incident was actually about me losing something, really, really precious to me, I lost it too soon before I knew, like I lost a chance? It took me quite some time to get over it, because I could have actually taken special care and keep it until now, but hey, life is life I suppose?”

 

You smiled at the DJ and your members when the DJ was acknowledging your reply and trying to get a closure for the radio session. All eyes were on you but you avoided eye contact because you were scared that your emotions would take over and you would cry in front of the DJ and producers and that would not be a nice image.

 

Everyone was getting ready to take pictures and waving goodbye, bowing to everyone before heading back to the dorm. When all the cameras were gone, you wore your cap, hiding your face and head hung low as you head into the car first. You couldn't be bothered who was beside you but the moment everyone else was settled in the car, you felt the familiar warm hug embracing you, you knew already knew who he was.

 

“Hyung… I’m here hyung… baby, let it all out if you have to.”
“I’m sorry.. baby I really am, so so sorry.” You couldn’t help but cry while hugging Minho tightly, you didn’t realise how much you cried and apologised to Minho until you fell asleep.

 

~

 

"Alright boys, you all know that you guys have 2 weeks of break, don't do anything stupid alright? Have fun and we will see you guys in 2 weeks time!" Everyone waved goodbye to manager hyungs as all plopped onto the couch.

 

"Yess!! We can finally sleep in and not bother about anything wooo!"
"Bye I'm leaving for Paris for a short trip, I want to take a break from here."
"Yah, Choi Minho, are you bringing hyung anywhere for these 2 weeks?"

 

You saw how Jonghyun was teasing Minho, and you wanted to tell them how you guys would be resting home as well but Minho suddenly seemed so confident and claimed, "I'm bringing him to Maldives."

 

"WHAT???"
"OOOOO Hyung! You're so lucky! Oh my goodness!"

 

You were lost, you did not know about that plan that Minho had just declared to everyone. Looking at him, he only smiled back at you cheekily, you could not believe what you've heard. He held your hand and brought you back to the room while you still don't understand what was going on. Once the door clicked, you let go of his hand and looked at him with a serious face, "Oh my, baby. What is this? Aren't we supposed to just stay at home and relax? How could you not tell me about this? When are we going? How long are we going for? I have yet packed anything?" He just looked at you and started laughing to which you got annoyed and flicked his forehead (just flick, no ttakbbam HAHAHHA) and pouted,"Yah! Choi Minho! Why are you laughing?"

 

"Hyung, calm down, let me speak. And stop pouting, do you want me to kiss that pout away? Anyways, I wanted to surprise you, but the members made me expose it. I wanted us to have alone time at a romantic place together, don't worry, the flight isn't until tomorrow, you can pack everything slowly. Don't have to rush, because I actually already helped you pack a little."

 

You still pouted slightly, but smiled at the intention, "Thank you my baby, I love you so much what did I do to deserve you?", giving a peck on his cheek before you went off happily packing for the trip.

 

~~~

 

2016

 

A few years have passed, everything was almost back to normal. The usual routines of practices, promotion comebacks, other media appearances. Love life is still as sweet as ever, you were thinking about the matter again, since it has been years and you went to the doctors secretly to make sure that your body was alright in order to have a baby, and when you got the green light, you started to plan how you would hopefully make this plan successful.

 

~

 

It was SHINee's 9th anniversary, the celebration was huge, amazing and the after party began. Drinks everywhere, everyone enjoyed themselves. When the timing was starting to get late, manager hyung decided to end off the party and started to tell everyone to leave,

 

"Okay everyone, thank you all for the support. We really appreciate it. Please go home safely!"

 

Meanwhile, you took Minho's hand and whispered, "Don't be too drunk tonight, I miss you a lot. Get ready to stay up tonight darling." He looked at you lost, he did not understand what you were trying to hint at him, but slowly understood and could not wipe off the sly grin on his face.

Whatever happened that night, was then history. (hehehe)

 

~

 

"Lee Jinki. Oh my, what a waste to see you go."

"Let me go!"

"Oh nono, my dear boy, don't go against the handcuffs, why would I let you go? You possess such an amazing prize that no one else has, *starts touching your face and sighs* no one else can appreciate you like I do."

"Hyung, please, let me go. They need me. Hyung please."

"SHUT UP! Do you not know what you are doing now? Who are the "they" you are refering to? Sweetie, they all died. You killed them with your own hands. See? *touches your clothing despite you trying to brush the person away* these splatters, you see that knife? You held it and killed them didn't you sweetie? You can't avoid me now. You only have me left and, *sly grin, pierces knife through your stomach* oops? Oh no what have I done? Baby no more? Oh don't cry baby, no one can save you. I wonder if this hurts you too... hmm...*starts going crazy with the gunshots*"

 

“AHHH!! NO MY BABY!” You unknowingly shouted and jolted awake, panting after the nightmare. Minho was deep asleep and sat up almost immediately after hearing your screams, seeing you looking so lost and shocked.

“Hyung! Are you alright? I’m here I’m here, don’t worry!”

Looking at how he was still here beside you, made you cry and hugged him tight.

“I.. I saw that you were… you were dead! Everyone! Everyone was gone! I… I don’t know who was the hyung.. I couldn’t protect you guys, he said.. he.. he said I killed everyone! After that he.. he stabbed me.. in the stomach.. I was so.. afraid… baby I’m afraid of losing it again. Minho I don’t want to lose it again.”

“Hush hush baby, it was all just a nightmare, baby, it’s okay. Calm down okay? None of us are hurt.” He hugged you tighter into his embrace, which made you cry more, because you accidentally said the last sentence without thinking, because Minho still does not know about it. Well, not for long.

It took him awhile before he asked you softly, “Hyung.. what are you afraid of losing?”

“I… erm..”

“Hyung, please let me know. What is it that you know and I don’t? Come on hyung. You were the one who promised me that we should not have any secrets between us.”

 

Biting your lower lip, you could not help but almost “rap” out, “IthinkIampregnantagain” afterwhich, you felt the hug loosen up, you couldn’t face him and played with your fingers.

“Hyung…”

“Ahh nothing nothing. Ignore what I just said. I think I’ll sleep in the guest room sorry for disturbing your sleep love, you have quite a packed schedule tomorrow.” Reaching to his face giving him a peck when he suddenly hugged you so tight.

“Ca-can’t breath-breathe baby”

“HYUNG!! YOU AREN’T KIDDING ME ARE YOU? OH MY GOODNESS! HYUNG!! I LOVE YOU!!”

Pushing his hug away, looking at him lost, “Wha.. What? But it isn’t confirmed Minho”

“I’m going to bring you to the doctor’s tomorrow hyung.”
“Your schedule is packed tomorrow who are you kidding? I can go my own.”
“But hyung I want to-“
“No buts, and stop pouting or I will kiss the pout away.”
"Then I am more than willing to keep on pouting until your delicious lips kiss me."
"Aish this pabo."

~

Next Morning

You were in the kitchen preparing breakfast for everyone since you were the only one who did not have any schedule for the day. Key just walked out of the shower and went to the fridge when he suddenly spoke, “Yah, Jinki hyung, what happened last night, I heard screams and so much commotion coming out of your room, don’t tell me you guys were freaky last night.”

“Wow Kibum-ah that’s a nice good morning to you too. Sorry about last night, I had a nightmare and it shocked Minho up. Get ready fast, you don’t got more than 15minutes before manager hyung arrives.”

The others slowly moved out of their rooms and respectively sat down to have breakfast, you just sat in the living room since you had no appetite and didn’t feel like eating. When manager hyung came down, all of them bid goodbyes while Minho came and hug you, and whispered, “Baby, let me know about the results okay? Love you.”

~

At the doctors

“Congrats Mr Lee! You are about 2 months pregnant. Now, this time be careful and take good care of your body. We wouldn’t want anything bad to happen.”

You couldn’t stop smiling and thanked the doctor when you left the office, taking out your phone and immediately called Minho.

“Baby! Are you okay? What happened?”
“It is happening! Baby I’m finally pregnant!"



A/N: Trust me to give this a sudden ending. I'm sorry omg my stuff is so lame why am I continuing writing AND THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I THINK... wow hahahahha the awkwardness. Anways, I'm so so sorry that I dragged this story for so long. I just have been on a writer's block and recently I don't have the mood to really write ... wouldn't say why (because it hurts actually hahahha). I wanted to update the last 2 chapters at one go but I can't seem to draft out everything fast. This chapter alone took me a good week inclusive of how much time I wasted staring off into space trying to think how am I supposed to form my words. I'm so sorry. This is real cringy. Forgive me xc Anyways, thank you if you manage to read through everything somehow! *hugs*