Addict to the pain

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few hours had passed before anyone decided to knock on Amber's door and of course her luck recently was bad and today was not an exception.

"Amber honey?" knocked Mama Liu.

Inside the room, Amber was flat on her stomach upon her bed with the empty bottle of vodka thrown on the floor. 

After a few more calls made by her mother she began to stir awake.

"Amber it's dinner time. Come on down please?" she called out once more.

"Huh? Um sure mom. Be down there in ten." Amber called out as she got up and stumbled into the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush her teeth from any evidence of alcohol and .

After a good five minutes she stepped out and quickly changed into a white tee shirt and a pait of black jeans and placed a black hat on her head followed be quickly brushing her teeth.

She then stumbled back into her room to place the painkillers into the drawer beside her bed and hid the empty vodka bottle back under her bed.

Once complete, Amber exited her bedroom and walked downstairs to the kitchen and sat on the chair across from Jackie at the table and placed her head in her hands.

"Is someone getting sick here?" questioned Papa Liu as he helped Mama Liu place the food onto the table.

"Hmm? No it's all good dad. I'm just tired haha." Amber forcefully laughed out.

"Ah that's good. We don't need you getting sick now do we." smiled Mama Liu.

"Hey Amber?" Jackie called out "You good sis?" 

"Never been better!" smile Amber once again quite forcefully. 

Of course Jackie knew better. Anything the younger sibling did, she caught on. Amber just kept on getting worse and worse and Jackie could tell that she was gonna break soon. 

After the food had been set and the table prayer had been said, everyone dug in. Amber of course just picked at her food while taking a small bite here and there.

"Amber baby, are you sure you're ok?" questioned Mama Liu with a look full of concern.

"Sorry mom. I'm just kinda thinking about work and stuff." she answered quickly "I have a couple things in the work."

"Hey princess, you're home. Just relax. Work can come later." reponded Papa Liu.

"You're dad's right baby. Enjoy your time here. Remember, you don't come by often anymore so we hardly see you." added Mama Liu.

Sitting up straight, Amber gave a smile "You're right guys. Is it ok if I can be excused just for today? I just want to take care of some last minute things so that I won't have to worry."

Giving a questioning look to his wife, Papa Liu sighed "Ok sweetie but just for tonight."

"Thanks dad, mom. I'll be back before midnight."

And with that she got up fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter