Home

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

' You aren't what we want. We need talent.'

'Not right now. We have the focus on our stars.'

Every single word her company told her just ran through her mind non-stop for the past few days. It had finally come to the point where they had finally crossed the line with her and she needed a to getaway, even if it was for a little, so right now she was currently sitting on a plane heading back home to LA.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving at the Los Angeles Airport in exactly ten minutes." repeated the female pilot through the intercom, catching Amber's attention.

She had waited to hear those words for the past few hours since bofore her purchase of her plane ticket back in Korea.

'"Time to text Jackie that I'm almost here I guess." she muttered to herself as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

Soon after, her time to exit the plane came by.

'Finally.' she thought to herself with a look of pure relief plastered upon her face.

One by one, each occupant exited the large metal plane and into the building to acquire their own personal luggage. Luckily for Amber, she was one of the first people out and grab luggage.

She hadn't exactly gone big with packing this time around. All she had on hand was her phone, her wallet, passport and one suitcase that had perhaps a week's worth of clothing. 

When debating on whether or not to bring Jack Jack and Tuna, she initially decided to leave them back home in Eric's care.

As she glanced down at her phone to see if Jackie was here yet, somebody hugged her from behind quite harshly resulting in both her and the mystery person to be thrown onto the cold hard floor.

"My little dork is finally home!" the person on top of her yelled out into her back, causing people around to look at them strangely.

"Oh my god Jackie! Get off the hell off me!" she cried out as she stood back up, causing her sister to fall off her, face first onto the floor.

"Brat." laughed out Jackie.

"You started it."

"But that didn't mean you can just throw me off! All I wanted was a hug from my baby sister!"

"You shouldn't have attacked me like that." shrugged Amber "Now get up cause people are looking at us weird and I want to go home."

"Fine but I'm telling mom and dad." frowned Jackie as she stood up and began walking out of the building.

"They won't do anything, anyways. I'm their favorite child." Amber responded, sticking her tongue out while running after her.

Once inside the car, Jackie roared on the ignition and drove off onto the busy streets of LA.

"So Amber, what brings you home so early? I thought you weren't coming till the holidays?" Asked Jackie, eyes focused on the road ahead "Not that I don't mind."

"I just need to leave for a while you know?"

"Is something wrong over there?"

Silence was all that answered Jackie.

Glancing over to her younger sister, she knew that something wasn't right. Between the two, Amber had always been the one to bottle everything in until it all came bursting out in an unpleasant way. She knew how to hide her true emotions behind the mask she shows to everyone and perhaps their parents could break her open. Hopefully.

Taking this a sign, the rest of the car ride was in complete and utter silence.

It had seem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter