Picture 33: Not okay

Polaroid

The story is coming to an end! 
 



Luhan stood in front of the quiet male, Muki in his arms and his friends surrounding him.

"I don't think he's okay..." Chanyeol whispered.

Jongin frowned and waved his hand in front of Jongdae's face. The male was stoic. He was makeup free and wore sweats. That was a major tip-off that something wasn't right. No matter how late Jongdae would be, he would never leave his house without looking his best. He was also uncharacteristically quiet.

Jongin bent down to Jongdae's level, "Hey Dae, have you heard? Luhan broke up with Sehun and he wants to date you."

Sehun smacked Jongin's arm but Jongdae just nodded nonchalantly, "Okay, congrats."

"Oh he's definitely not okay."

This time, Luhan hit him.

"Everyone out! I'm going to talk to him alone."

Jongin grumbled his protests but one glare from Luhan got him to grab Kyungsoo and Chanyeol and head out the door. Sehun glanced at Luhan and then Jongdae before nodding, bending down to give Luhan a chaste kiss and he was out the door.

Luhan knelt on the ground, right across from Jongdae who was sitting on the couch, thumbing through his phone. He was on his Instagram page, scrolling through pictures, disinterested. Luhan took out his own phone and typed a message.

LuHoney: Dae, talk to me

Jongdae saw the notification and swiped up, ignoring it. Luhan gently shoved the latter and grabbed the phone. Jongdae made sounds of protest but Luhan shoved the phone in his back pocket a place only Sehun would dare venture.

"Oh come on Luhan." Jongdae whined. Luhan grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil and scribbled something.

You called me by my name. You are NOT okay. Tell me what's wrong or else.

Jongdae raised a finger, "You honestly are as intimidating as Muki." Luhan pouted, causing Jongdae to sigh.

"It's just....last night, I wanted to tell someone something." Jongdae paused, unsure on how to continue. Luhan had never seen the male so speechless, "I wanted to tell that person how much they mean to me, except I realized that I don't mean anything to them."

Luhan frowned and wrote on the paper.

Is this about Xiumin?

Jongdae scoffed after peeking at the quickly written sentence, "That obvious?" He flopped back, slouching on the couch while ruffling his poodle-like hair, "Yea I admit. I really like him."

Luhan smiled enthusiastically. 

Tell him then!

Jongdae leaned forward, only inches away from Luhan's face. He stared the latter down, his own dark brown eyes staring into Luhan's hazel ones, "Luhan. You have to get one thing straight. Not every story has a happy ending."

Luhan scrunched his nose and tilted his head to the side. Jongdae smiled bitterly, "Not everyone end up like you or Sehun. I like Xiumin. Xiumin likes girls. I have a , therefore Xiumin does not like me."

Luhan grabbed the pencil to jot something down but Jongdae grabbed his hand, "Luhan, you are a dear friend. Seriously. I love you for everything that you do for me but this is something that you can't change."

Jongdae took the pencil out of Luhan's hand and grabbed the paper. He scrunched it up before shoving it into his pocket.

"It might hurt, I might be sad for a while but I'll be alright." Jongdae gave a weak smile, "I'll bounce back, I always do."

Luhan wanted to protest but the brown haired male placed a friendly kiss on his cheek and stood up, "I have to go. Movers are going to be at my place in ten." He grabbed his keys off the coffee table and stuck a hand out for Luhan to take. The grey haired male took it appreciatively. Jongdae pulled the skinny male up and Luhan wrapped his arms tightly around the latter.

Jongdae tensed in surprise as Luhan buried his head in his chest. But he slowly gave the Chinese male a hug back. Luhan patted his back and Jongdae got the message. Suddenly the door opened and Xiumin stumbled in, grinning widely. He froze when he saw Jongdae and Luhan standing awkwardly together.

"Um...did I interrupt something?"

Luhan stiffened when he caught sight of reddish purple bruises on Xiumin's collarbones. They scattered up his neck and Luhan took a wild guess on why Xiumin didn't come back to the dorm the night before. Jongdae must have come to the same conclusion because he turned away from Xiumin, hiding his pain.

He shook his head and wiped a stray tear quickly, "N-no. I'm just heading out. Goodbye Luhan, remember what I said."

Luhan watched Jongdae leave before turning to Xiumin. The black haired male was frowning, "Did Jongdae just...call you by your name?"

Luhan nodded.

"Is he okay?"

Luhan shook his head. 



 

Luhan stepped out of the building where his class was held and smiled when he saw a tall male standing in the distance. The familiar blonde haired Chinese male was waving happily as Luhan walked closer to him. Luhan and Tao were slowly becoming closer. They had a couple of classes together and seeing how Luhan was mute and Tao didn't know Korean well, they tended to stay together.

Sehun was busy with Jongin's dance club and couldn't join Luhan for lunch, but it really didn't matter. Luhan wanted a bit of gossip talk with Tao.

For being a new student, Tao has heard many things.

"Hello!" The tall male greeted happily as Luhan got closer. His raised hand was decorated with an array of rings and bracelets.

His tattoo was peeking from underneath his baggy shirt, just on his collarbone. He looked very casual and comfortable, very different from the bad- image he had when Luhan first met him. Luhan waved and smiled. Tao gasped and pulled at Luhan's bomber jacket, "Is this the new design from Dior?!"

Luhan blinked and mentally he thought, 'who?'. It was just a present from Sehun. An expensive one, but everything about Sehun was expensive. Tao must have realized this because he just waved a dismissive hand, "I'll get you caught up with all my favorite brands."

Luhan's eyes widened. He could already feel his wallet getting lighter.

The two walked to the nearest sit-down diner and found a booth in the back. Tao started by gossiping about the ball that Jongin's father threw. He talked about all the connections him and Kris made. Luhan was still upset about the events that happened that day.

Tao didn't notice, he was too excited about how one of the businessmen was thinking about offering Tao to design their new logo. Luhan smiled, listening to the younger male ramble on in broken Korean and the occasionally Chinese.

Tao finally stopped yammering and looked up at Luhan, "So, what's up with you."

"Well, my brother and his half brother are in this ridiculous war. My best friend fell for my other best friend who is straight and I, myself, have no idea how I'm going to pass my government economy class."

Tao blinked. "What?"

Luhan just shook his head. He instead started eating. Tao shrugged and dug into his own food.

Luhan knew that Tao was Yixing's best friend. He realized that if he was going to get any back story or any answers from Yixing, without talking to the said male himself, this was the way. Luhan pulled out a small memo book, one that he's been recently carrying around for his friends who haven't mastered sign language yet.

He wrote a sentence and slid the paper over to Tao, who set down his chopsticks and read the note.

Why is Yixing so hellbent on making Sehun's life miserable?

Tao frowned and set the paper down, "You're exaggerating."

Luhan scrunched his nose and angrily wrote another comment.

You must have heard the story about Mia. And you were at the ball. Sehun lost his birthright. Not to mention, Yixing stole a picture of me and Sehun.

Tao read the new sentences and his expression turned from discomfort to anger. He set the paper down harshly, making the table shake.
He stood up, slamming a money bill on the table. 
"There's many things you don't know about Yixing. He's not as bad as you think."

With that, Tao stormed out of the restaurant, leaving Luhan to eat by himself.



 



 

God this was so bad I'm sorry! I've been kinda busy¿ I was at a tech camp and then my cousin and brother visited

Also im talking with my best friend who moved away over text? Except she doesn't seem very excited to talk to me and it kinda breaks my heart 
I text so many things and she replies with one word answers 
I really don't want to lose her

but it's fine, 
Im probably over thinking like usual

Whoa 
Did not mean to rant

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this filler¿ chapter, one last stretch of drama before the fic ends!

Just hang in there, it's almost done