An Adventure

The Peach Blossom That Found Paradise
B96xcO8.png
An Adventure
❝"You're getting closer, blossoming in my heart once again." -  도원경 (桃源境)❞
 

That had been the beginning of your life in the earthly paradise you had found by chance. While you laid infirmed in your bed for most of the day, welcoming visitor after visitor, your favourite part without ever tiring was having dinner with everyone in the throne room. At first, the sheer amount of food had been the reason as to why you had been so eager but having a full stomach for a consistent number of days led you to believe that it was your company who made the difference.

After the king had seen that you had sufficiently adjusted to your new life, he had ordered for his sons’ lessons to be reinstated and for the kingdom to carry on as before, with the exception of their new guest.


At first, you thought that your luck had run out or that the six males would be relieved that their duties as assistors were over but, you could have not been more wrong. Once their lessons over, you would find a boisterous male or two or six barging into your quarters, more akin to ravenous beasts than anything else. That arrangement did not last long either and you could not fault them on it, for when they left to clean up for dinner, all you wished to do was to climb under the covers and not emerge until the next morning. Instead you had become part of a cyclical visiting, in that which they had visited in the same manner as they did everything, according to their age.

Hakyeon had come bearing tomes to share with you and at times, to read to you when you requested. You do not remember having such pleasant dreams. Takewoon had the habit of arriving around lunchtime, seeming to eat twice your weight. Although he did not speak much, you could not imagine having to go back to eating on your own or with your healer. Jaehwan made for a surprisingly good drinking partner and when the occasion called for it, he taught you to draw. You encouraged him to let go of all the dirt he had gathered on his brothers. Wonshik was apparently gifted in the realm of instruments and words. Not that you got to see much of it. For some unearthly reason whenever you spoke to each other, it would turn into a conversation that did not seem to have an end. Not that you wanted it to. Hongbin would bring you large painted canvasses depicting everything from the beautiful natural surroundings to the many houses, castles and temples that inhibited the small paradise. His accuracy was both enchanting and scary. Sanghyuk…well you were unsure of what Sanghyuk was supposed to bring. You knew he too was fond of reading but it seemed that his mischievous nature seemed to take precedence.


A few weeks later saw that it was Wonshik’s turn to visit. That day he had come far earlier than he was supposed to and you wondered what he had done to get out of lessons so soon. Though he was as chatty as his usual self, there was an air of excitement that had him nearly bouncing in his chair. It did not take him long to confess his little secret.

“Tell me,” the prince began, “have you ever been horse riding?” Wonshik asked, his brown eyes alight with the wonder of a young boy.

“No I have not.” you answered slowly, thinking hard if there was ever a time. In the next instant your eyes widen in shock. “Prince Wonshik you cannot possibly…my ankle…” you trailed off.

“Firstly, I think I have said you may call me Wonshik.” the dark haired man replied, a y chuckle following his words. “Secondly, my horse will be gentle with you as will I. It will be fun I promise. And if not…well, your bed will see you sooner.” the prince sent a roguish smile your way, his words more persuasive than should be legal.

“If you can promise that my broken ankle is the only thing that will stay broken, you have a deal.” you beamed, the idea of breaking your usual routine leaving you giddy.

“Consider it kept.” his toothy grin becomes wider than you thought and you find yourself mildly disappointed when he called in the guards to carry you to your next destination. Then again, it did not surprise you that the prince was so polite.

You were comfortably carried not too far from your quarters and were rewarded by the sight of a beautiful brown horse with silky black hair.

“Is that yours?” you asked, awe obvious in your voice.

“Correct. When we were born our father gifted each of us a horse. Mine is Peachblossom.” he laughed. “It might not be very masculine but the month I was born, the peach blossom trees bloomed early so that was what my father called him.”  Wonshik explained, fondness made wholly obvious as he the large creature’s muzzle.

“How endearing.” you replied, a smile on your face.

“Enou Enough about that." Wonshik teased, patting the saddle on the horse. "It is time to ride your horse milady." he bowed with a laugh, beckoning the guards over.

It took two men to seat you sideways on the horse, your legs draped on one side with most of your weight on the horse's back. You were surprised to find that your ankle did not feel any of the downward force you expected to. Beside being so high up, you felt somewhat in control and much less scared than you thought you would be.

As you got used to your new elevated surroundings, you did not notice your two extra audience members had been dismissed.

"Are you ready?" Wonshik asked, smiling up at you, holding Peachblossom's reigns steady.

Your mouth gaped like a fish. "A-are you not going to ride as well?" you stammered, suddenly clutching the saddle with white knuckles.

Wonshik laughed. "I will be here at all times. Just enjoy it." he answered, nonchalant.

Before you could choke out a reply, Wonshik uttered a command to bring Peachblossom into a slow trot. Truly, the poor horse was not even going that fast but you felt sweat beading at your hairline, the hairs on your neck standing on edge and the color draining from your face. You needed to get your mind off of the constant trotting of hooves.

"So...is Peachblossom anything like you?" you inquired, trying not to sound affected.

"As far as being well behaved for beautiful women, yes we are." Wonshik responded, a smirk on his face when he spared you a glance.

If it were not for where you were you would have thrown your head back in laughter. You note your cheeks heating from the unabashed praise.

"Hardly." you answered with the remainder of your laughter slowly fading away.

As he led you through the thick forest filled with wonderfully smelling flowers and fruits, the conversation falls comfortably silent.

"Do you...have someone waiting for you at home?" Wonshik asked quietly, his shy nature peeking through his words.

You stilled as you thought of how to answer his question. "Yes..." you tilted your head, sounding unsure, "no..." you trailed off. You feel his eyes on him and decide to elaborate. "I am engaged to be married with a son of one of our family friends." you summed up, trying to lose yourself in the sights and sounds around you.

"Are you in love with him?"a heartbeat passed before the prince's next question came, his low deep voice almost seeming to vibrate his chest.

"He is a good and kind man." you replied. You wished you had the heart to lie but something about how earnestly he asked his question rendered you hopeless to deceiving him.

You do not know if you felt upset or relieved that there was no follow up question or answer. You take heart as he seemed to lead you only through the most beautiful parts that formed part of the paradise.

"Are you not tired?" you asked kindly a while later. The late afternoon sun began to peak through the foilage of the cool forest.

"Not at all." he answered as though it was a silly idea that he might be fatigued after a few hours walk. "Besides, it is far more exciting seeing you learn to ride a horse." he noted, and you looked down to find that you had been leading Peachblossom for quite some time considering Wonshik had his hands behind his back.

"How underhanded of you." you said though your words conveyed none of the sting it should have.

The mood between the two of you picked up again, your intertwined laughter ringing through the leaves and trees as he led you back to your quarters.


Once you returned, your heart raced when you find that the prince did not call for the guards as he did before your departure. Instead, he came up to where you had been draped on one side of the horse, his face nervous yet satisfied.

"I have you." he stated, his arms extended.

Strategically and admittedly, gracelessly as seemed to be a running theme, you almost leaped into his arms, finding the lean prince much stronger than you imagined.; your cheeks once again positively aflame.

"Thank you." you answered, breathless from the exersion.

"You are most welcome." he responded with a nervous grin as he walked into your empty room, setting you down on your bed as though you were an ancient piece of fragile glass.

"I suppose it is time for you to leave?" feeling reluctant about your adventurous day ending so soon.

"My brothers might send out a search party if I am not back soon." Wonshik quipped, a laugh bubbling in his throat.

"Tell Peachblossom I am most thankful for today." a tired smile now working its way onto your features. Your bed felt heavenly after a day of movement.

"Your wish is my command." again, he bowed playfully. "I will see you at dinner?" he asked although he knew you would not miss it for anything.

"I will be the one being carried in." you deadpanned, your head hitting the pillow with a sigh.

You two exchange goodbyes, a few more chuckles shared for old times' sake before he departed.

Before you lay yourself down again, you observe an exquisite bunch of red cemellias sitting in a beautiful reflective pot.


A/N: Hmm...the plot thickens! The kdrama has finally been updated and I kind of liked how this turned out. I already know what the endgame is but I want this love triangle to truly be a triangle instead of a one sided love with some spice. I started off with Ravi as it's the most logical progression but for the chapters to come it will alternate if there is not something else planned. What a way to celebrate LR coming back huh? I hope you all enjoy!<3

gsPXueB.png