Arriving to Consciousness

The Peach Blossom That Found Paradise
B96xcO8.png
Arriving to Consciousness
❝"I want to fall into this dream." - 도원경 (桃源境)❞
The next time you heard your name being called, it was accompanied by a cacophony of sounds. Birds chirping, buzzing conversation and the crackle of what you assumed was wood burning. You smelled a combination of smoke, herbs, flowers and the undeniable scent of  an artificial cologne of sorts radiating off of whichever male was in the room. It was strange how the scent seemed to be comprised of a mixture of things.

The next thing you became aware of was your body; or rather what it was your body laid on. It was a peculiar sensation and was unlike your sleeping mat you had at home. The surface was so soft and pliable that you could be told you were lying on a cloud and you would believe it. Though you were initially afraid to move a muscle for fear you may fall through you soon realized that that was a foolish notion.

You cracked open your eyes seemingly one by one, finding your vision clouded by the gunk coating your eyelashes.

“She is awake!” a feminine voice exclaimed and you soon felt your eyes being gently wiped with a warm cloth that smelled heavenly.

The announcement seemed to have killed any lively conversation that had persisted in your unconscious state. Now that you were able to properly open your eyes, you felt as though you may pass out once more.

The room you had been placed in was far larger than the one you laid claim to at home. The walls were a pristine white; shelves lined the walls in bright colors with intricate patterns. Vases with all sorts of exotic looking flowers decorated each surface bringing a piece of spring from outside. Looking down at yourself you realize that the surface you had been lying on had elevated you away from the floor and it sparked in your foggy mind that it was called a ‘bed’. The sheets were white as well but near the bottom you observed exquisite embroidery of birds, flowers and butterflies.

It was at this sight that you become terribly aware that you had not died and you were most certainly not dreaming. Your leg had been elevated and seemed to have been bandaged. How odd…you could not feel so much as a sting of pain that you remembered plaguing you before you passed out.

“I place herbs on it every few hours. Your ankle was broken and if you had come around without aid, you would pass out again.” the voice you discovered, belonged to a much older woman though like your mother, had retained her beauty in her advanced years. Her hair was more than streaked with grey and her eyes crinkled at the corners from wisdom and many pleasant moments. Though she dressed modestly for her age, the muted colors of peach and pink that she wore only added to her elegance.

At this, you remembered that there were other occupants that were still silenced and you craned your head stealthily to stare at the sight. And stare you did. The six gentlemen you had seen before you out were present, their dark eyes staring intently at you; curiosity radiating off of them in waves. Four of them were engaged in a game that seemed to involve pebbles and the other, cards. One was reading a leather-bound book and the other…well you were unsure of what he was doing.

Feeling their gazes reciprocated, the men stood as if they were guards. You took in each of their features as best you could in your state. At first you noticed that their clothes all had the same luxurious, silky midnight blue base with a pattern that was too dark for you to identify. Two had dark blue collars and sashes, two had dark blue and white and two had totally white collars. Different yet complementary.

The longer you stared the more you noticed their differences. From the left, the first man had his hair slightly parted to the right. It covered his eyebrows and complimented his long and straight nose bridge. How handsome! His full lips were pursed in thought. You wondered if that was what he was doing…thinking.  The one next to him had light brown hair, a rare feat for you to see on your side of the world. He looked younger than the rest of his companions and though his nose was wide, it suited him well. It was cute actually. The third man…you felt as though his gaze alone could keep you pinned to your bed. His dark gaze quickened your heart but it did not stop you from taking in his neatly combed hair, pale skin and tallness. The man next to him was particularly visually appealing. He would have every woman at his beck and call in your village, you thought. His reddish brown hair was slightly waved in a way that most definitely suited him. You moved your eyes to the next man and stopped. He was darker than the rest of his group and you identified him as the man who held out his hand to you. You felt a smile appear on your lips. He carried an air of authority about him but it was not oppressive in the slightest. When your eyes fell on the last man, you were truly taken aback. You had to blink your eyes once or twice to confirm that the man was not a foreigner and was indeed of your heritage. You supposed it was the way his cheeks and nose were formed. Not that you were complaining, it was attractive. The half combed back hairstyle added to his charms.

“W…Where…am…I?” you croaked, your voice sounding foreign to you.

“Drink.” the woman reached and placed a delicate tea cup to your lips. Taking a large gulp or two, you feel your throat soothed by what tasted like a herbal tea and honey.

“That was what we were wondering.” the third man with the intense gaze asked. His voice soft and you wondered if he would be insulted if you fell asleep to the sound of it. “No-one has ever found this place.” He expanded.

“I do not know myself.” you answered honestly. You wished you could take your eyes off of him but you could not bring yourself to. “Earlier, I had been attempting to catch a rabbit for dinner but I had tripped badly over a tree branch. I did not want to return home without anything so I took one of the boats that the village owned. By then,” you paused to take another sip of tea, your throat was painfully dry, “my ankle had swollen terribly. I lie in the boat and let it travel its own way. I only looked up to see the peach blossom trees on both sides of the river. I had passed out and the rest you already know.” you finished and felt a headache at the sheer amount of thinking.

“Interesting.” the man with tanned skin replied as though mentally taking notes of your story.

“How long have I been unconscious?” you asked as soon as the thought occurred to you.

“Three days.” the first man with the pleasing side profile spoke without hesitation. His voice rumbled in a way that made gooseflesh appear on your skin. “Beside your sprained ankle, the sun had caused you to fall ill. How do you feel?” the man added the question as though he should have asked it sooner.

Your cheeks flushed at his attention. “I…uh…the treatment is working.” you finished lamely, your mind was cotton. “May I know your names? I owe you my life.”

“How dramatic.” the youngest with light brown hair teased. “Sixth prince, Han Sanghyuk.” he added with a smile worthy of a puppy.

You choked on your tea. “Prince?” what luck did you have to be rescued by not one but six princes?

“Yes,” the tanned one answered with a chuckle, “be at ease. We do not use formalities often so please forgive my youngest brother. I am first prince Cha Hakyeon.” Ah, so that was why he seemed to carry that authoritative air.

“Second prince Jung Taekwoon.” he said so plainly that you might have thought he was forced to speak. You enjoyed hearing his voice again.

“Do forgive our other brother Taekwoon, speaking is not always his strongest point. I am fourth prince Kim Wonshik, at your service.” he introduced himself and contrary to belief, he carried a boyish, shy air that made your blush return.

“Always the charmer. I am third prince Lee Jaehwan.” the brown haired man bowed as if to dispel any doubts that he may have been of foreign birth.

“As if that is the only thing worth noting.” the last brother jabbed sarcastically. It made you want to giggle. “I am fifth prince Lee Hongbin.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you all. I would bow properly but…” you waved your hand over your leg much to their amusement. “I am (F/n) (L/n).” you smiled with all the energy you had. They had been so kind to you and you did not know them from a bar of soap.

“Your name. I have never heard of such a name. It is unique.” Taekwoon stated as if pondering the origin of your name. He seemed the studious type.

You sometimes hated your name, thinking it was common but hearing the…compliment from the second prince made you feel different. You would thank your…you were not at home. Your parents must be worried sick.

“Is there someone I can talk to about going home? My family must be worried.” you voiced, feeling slightly panicked.

Hakyeon, taking one look at your face, seemed to have a silent conversation with his brothers before departing silently.


As if to take your mind off the worrying thoughts making itself known on your exhausted face, the five men engage you in small talk, their banter providing sufficient entertainment for you. So much so, that you only become aware of the added two audience members when a booming voice spoke.

“Our guest is awake!” the jovial man, taller than all of the men present spoke. His clothes were as fine as the younger men, if not more elaborate. Could he be…?

“Your majesty?” you spluttered, uncertain. What on earth had you done to deserve a visit from the entire royal family this day?

“A pleasure…(F/n) is it?” he laughed at your uncertainty. “I have heard you story and that you are concerned for your family. If I may ask, where are you from?”  the king took a seat at the table, regal. Though he was much older than even your healer, you could understand why all of his sons were so attractive.

You nodded. “I come from outside of this place…passed the peach blossom trees?” you guessed, it seemed to be something they were familiar with.

His jovial face grew solemn. “I see. Long ago, my forefather and his neighbours fled the troubled times of their age to here, where they built a new home, cutting off the problems from the world outside. We may be the royal family but we are more so guardians – ensuring that we do not have to flee again.” the older man spoke with sincerity and wisdom. “What is it like there now? You arrived here in the most awful condition.”

“I am afraid not much has your majesty.” you shook your head slightly. “It had been quiet some years but a war had ravaged our village. My family had been of a noble standing once but having a rise in price of everything due to many shortages…we have had to reduce our luxuries. My father now works at a nearby farm and my mother has had to take up work at our wealthy family friends as a housekeeper. My best clothes are now out-dated.”  you did not wish to sound spoilt, you were not. The past years however; were difficult for you to speak about and hearing it from your own lips made tears form at the corners of your eyes. You were thankful that your hanbok had been covered by the blanket.

The king himself seemed to be overcome with emotion, his sons sharing his solemn face. “I am most sorry that you have had to live through that. It must not be easy. It is unfortunate for me to say, but we will be unable to let you leave now. Your ankle is still sensitive and I would not feel comfortable to let you leave unaccompanied in your boat. I would like it if you would stay until you have recovered, it will be your decision then.”  he advised, his words as gentle as you assumed his fathering tone to be.

He was right. It would not be wise for you or for anyone else you would want to accompany you.  “I will stay.” you nodded your head, now feeling even more drained.

“Good!” he exclaimed with a grin. “To celebrate, we will have a feast in held in your honor!” he stood; ready to leave to make the arrangements.

You gasped in shock. “Me? I do not think I am worthy of such a honor.” you replied, perplexed.

All at once, seven objections sounded causing your eyes to widen. Had you said something to offend them?

“Nonsense!” the king objected, seemingly quite angry at your depreciating words. “You are our guest and by that it means you are under my care. Everyone is eager to meet you.” he spoke on with gentleness as if speaking to a small child.

He left not too long after that and you it was such a strange feeling, you thought. People in your village had been struggling. It was difficult to care for others when their own families were suffering as well. The sentiment from the king of all people brought tears to your eyes.

“Do not look so disheartened. With us there is no better place you can be.” Sanghyuk said with confidence.

You were beginning to believe that.


A/N: I present another update and things are well and truly kicking off. The picture attached is what I had in mind for their clothing. I hope the cover has set because it's so lovely! @My_Type (on here) who did the poster for my last story has done it again! It will also explain my storyline direction: it will be a love triangle. Intially I wanted to put up a poll on who should be the other rival (Taekwoon is non-negotiable!lol) but for this story, I always had Ravi in mind. Let me know your thoughts. And enjoy!<3 P.S: please do excuse the theme for the time being, it seems that there is an issue from the theme-makers side so I will be changing it when I have more time. 

gsPXueB.png