Archive 3 ~ Transcending

Transcendence of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Archive 3 ~ Transcending

Mina woke suddenly and noticed that she was laying on a cot in Sunggyu’s tent. She was no longer in that lush, green forest of the Kingdom of Baekje.  She pushed the covers aside and placed a hand in her head and groaned.  Why did it feel like she was drugged? Mina felt dizzy and could not stop thinking about that mysterious man who attacked her.  He was the man from the stories her grandmother used to tell her as a child.  The man who hunted women.

What happened yesterday!

Mina looked down at her wrist that was wrapped in a bandage. The memories of how she got injured were coming back to her.   The arrow that came from the woods grazed her wrist. “So, it wasn’t a dream?”

You will return to me soon, Princess.

There will be no escape, next time.

You will soon Be Mine!

“What wasn’t a dream?” Sunggyu asked as he entered the tent.  He slowly made his way over to Mina with a concerned expression on his face.  He was going to try not to come off as intimidating.  Sunggyu knew the best way to approach what happen was to be calm and collective.  He did not want to scare her.  Sunggyu could not get the frighten image out of his head when he found her. Mina went through some sort of ordeal and he needed to get to the bottom of it.

“Sunggyu sii” She blushed and looked away from him.

“I’m glad you are alright, but I am concerned. When I found you Mina, you did not look well.” Sunggyu sat down next to her taking her injured wrist in his hand, examining it. He had changed the bandages a few times already and was glad that the bleeding has stopped. “Your wrist was bleeding and your palm burned. You weren’t conscious for long after I found you.” 

“I’m sorry that I have caused you trouble.” Mina bowed her head. “I was stupid and did not handle the medallion with proper care. I made such a newbie mistake.   I should have known better from participating in past excavations.”

“That doesn’t matter right now. You do not need to worry about the protocols of handling an artifact.” Sunggyu sighed.  He hated that she was taking the blame.  He had already given out punishments to Jangjun, Donghyun and Sungyoon for their stupidity. Sunggyu put them on clean up duty for the entire excavation.  He also ordered Sungyeol and Dongwoo to examine the medallion further.  Sunggyu wanted all the possible information on that artifact.  “How are you feeling.”

“I feel like I was drugged. Something strange happened when I was down there. It’s difficult to explain.” Mina studied Sunggyu’s faced and could not get a good read on him. “I am having a hard time believing that it actually happened.”

Sunggyu released her wrist, raising an eyebrow. He was concern before, but Mina saying she felt like she was drugged was worrisome, “What do you mean you felt like you were drugged?  What exactly happened down there?”

“You’re going to think I’m crazy!”

“I promise that I will hear what you have to say. I will not judge you!” Sunggyu smiled gently. I am searching for the truth. That injury is not of this time.

“Do you think it is possible to time travel.” Mina asked.

~~~

“What do you think this is, Dongwoo hyung?” Sungyeol asked as he picked up the object looking at the engravings.  He looked down at the book filled with ancient text, trying to translate what the engravings mean.  Sungyeol was not the best at ancient languages. That was Sunggyu’s area of expertise, but he was currently busy.   Sungyeol knew not to bother Sunggyu when he was in one of his moods.

“A medallion!”

“That’s obvious, hyung. What I am trying to understand is how such a thing can leave a burn on Mina’s hand.”

“Well, people during that time had a tendency of lacing jewelry with poison. There is a possibility that this medallion was laced with poison or some other substance.  It was probably the easiest way to kill an enemy, especially royalty. It could also be a crest to show royal status.  Once the engravings are translated, we should know exactly what the medallion was used for.” Dongwoo sighed, “Shouldn’t you know this, it is a part of Korean History.”

“But wouldn’t the poison disappear over time due to the elements.” Sungyeol questioned.   “And I do know this, hyung.  I was just testing you to see if you knew the answer.”

“That’s possible, Yeollie, but the elements could also enhance those poison.”  Dongwoo crossed his arms as he watched Sungyeol study the medallion. He didn’t like this at all. Something strange was going on and they needed to get to the bottom of it immediately. Something in that thrown room tried killing Mina. “The only issue is that the test for poison came back negative.”

“Then there is another reason. Did Sunggyu hyung say anything?” Sungyeol asked. He hasn’t talked to Sunggyu in a day.

“No, but he probably has his theories.”

“I would love to hear those theories.” Sungyeol smirked. He enjoyed picking Sunggyu’s brain. Sungyeol always enjoyed debating with the older man.

“Now is not a good time. I think he is checking on Mina after being down in that thrown room all day.  Sunggyu really should get some rest.  He hasn’t slept in twenty-four hours.” Dongwoo turned around and leaned against the table.

“You seem perplexed!”

“Wouldn’t you be.” Dongwoo asked.  “Something happened to Mina down there and we need to get to the bottom of it. That injury one her wrist came from an arrow that only exists in cultural demonstration at historic sites. It has not been used in combat in years.” Dongwoo bit his lip.

“I am concerned, but…” Sungyeol but his lip wondering if he should bring this up. 

“What is it?” Dongwoo groaned.  He knew Sungyeol probably had some crazy theory that he needed to knock down before it got back to Sunggyu.

“I have a theory, but I do not want this to get back to Gyu hyung. I don’t want him to be mad at me for questioning him about something.” Sungyeol took off the gloves he was wearing, placing them on the table. “Please hear me out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter