eight

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

eight

Yeoreum woke up by the sudden jerk from her head, immediately snapping her from the vivid dream that she was having. She gave out a strangle groan, squinting her eyes from opening too suddenly. Her neck felt numb and stiff.

The last night memory recalled back and she unknowingly jerked, suddenly remembering that she was still on Jongin’s bed and the boy just groaned, slowly waking up from the deep sleep that he was having.

Their hands were still grasped together, not that tight like before and Yeoreum just snatched it quickly, clearing .

Jongin, already awakened just cleared his throat too, taking his hand to his lap as he straightened himself. He groaned when he felt all his muscle tensed when he moved.

He and the girl must have fallen asleep while they were sitting on the bed and waited for the storm to stop – their heads on the headboard and the hands grasped together.

Yeoreum grimaced at the thought, taking her phone and switch off the flashlight mode that was still on. Her battery phone was on the verge of dying and she needed a charger. Maybe she should ask for Jongin’s, but she doubt that he would know or even have one. Maybe she could borrow Mrs. Kim’s.

She had looked at Jongin and the boy had his face covered with both of his palm as he sighed. “Are you…umm…okay?” her voice was hoarse and thick. She sounded like a man.

“Yeah.” Jongin mumbled, having the same hoarse and thick voice from the sleep and if she didn’t hate him too much, Yeoreum swore she would have swoon.

Then, it was silent. They both blank on words and just looking at nothing.

Awkward.

The storms seemed to have died down because Yeoreum didn’t hear anything from outside. She glanced at Jongin again and just sighed.

She needed to wash up.

“I need to wash up. Do you need help on anything?’ she mumbled softly.

Jongin went silent for a moment before shaking his head and she hummed, slowly walked away from the bed and the room. The lights that she had switched on yesterday were still on and she quickly switched it off, sighing again for the nth time.

 

 

She had opened the news – and it was better than what she had expected. The storms wasn’t the strong one, so it didn’t make any damages to the city and the flash flood had been controlled so the people could go to out, but was still be advice to stay careful and alerted for any warnings.

She sighed in relief. She wanted to call her mother and also Mrs. Kim, but decided to just wash first.

 

 

It was her first time using the washroom for more than doing her business. She had taken the towel and the necessities that she needed from the guest room before starting to wash herself up. She thought about changing to Mrs. Kim’s clothes, but decided against it and just wore back her clothes.

Finished washing up, she went to the kitchen, wanting to make a breakfast when suddenly, she blanked.

She didn’t know what to do.

Mrs. Kim didn’t make the breakfast like she usually did and the kitchen was empty with nothing in it. She panicked, not knowing what to do.

Oh my god! Jongin’s gonna die in starvation.

The fridge had nothing in it. Just some side dish, eggs and juices and the dinner that Jongin was supposed to take last night but didn’t because they were too busy with the storms to even have the need to feel hungry.

She scratched her nape, wondering if she should just heat the dinner instead for the breakfast, but it was too heavy to be eating in the morning.

 Maybe she should just make some omelets or something, but shook that thought away when she remembered that Jongin needed to eat a balanced diet meal which includes specific herbs that is good for the eye and all – Mrs. Kim had said that.

As she was busy not knowing what to cook for breakfast, a sudden sound of crashing was heard and the girl panicked. She hadn’t closed Jongin’s room earlier, in case he wanted something and she was afraid if she can’t hear him because the room is soundproof.

And, it seemed like there was something wrong with the boy because the crashing sound came from his room and she walked inside quickly, eyes roaming around.

“Jongin?” she sounded unsure.

The sudden sigh brought her to what it seemed like a walking wardrobe. She found Jongin near something that looked like a cologne but it already broken on the ground, spilling everything and she panicked when she saw the boy was about to step onto some shreds of glass.

“Jongin!” she hissed, tugging his arm and brought him to the side.

Jongin was startled to feel the help standing beside him, forcing him to stand on the side which he just refused to do because he wasn’t a child, but she kept him locked on the spot,

“I don’t want you to step on the glass.” He heard she said and then her warmth left him.

A few seconds later, he heard the sound of something rustling near him, down below and he predicted that she was cleaning the mess that he had made. He didn’t know what he had done, but he thinks it had to do with his cologne because the musky scent that he always wore was lingering in the room.

Suddenly, he felt a soft tugging on his arm.

“What do you want?” her voice was soft. It felt weird. Maybe because he was used hearing her harsh tone.

“It’s nothing.”

“Jongin,” Yeoreum had sighed. “I know you don’t want any help, but you need help. So, what do you want?”

“I already said that it’s nothing. I can do this on my own.”

Okay, just when she thought that they were going to be on a good track after last night, guess she was wrong because it seemed like she just got the jerk Jongin again.

“Listen here, you prick. Your mother who always helps you for your morning routines isn’t here and you’re stuck with me. I suggest you quit being a brat and work with me here.”

“And here I thought you were younger than me. Is this how you talk to someone older than you?” Jongin took the opportunity to be the one grasping her arms, instead of her grasping on his. She frowned, tugging it back but he tugged it back harshly towards him.

“Are you going to be a jerk like this? Do you want me to call your mom and tell her how you are being such a jerk right now?”

He smirked. “Go ahead. We’ll see who she will believe more.”

Urgh! She just hated the way he sound so cocky. What happened to the soft him last night? She wanted him back and not

Please log in to read the full chapter