nineteen

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

nineteen

It would be a lie if he said that his heart didn't fluttered at those words. It would be a lie if he said that he didn't want to believe that. He hates how easy those words can make him feel. He hates how easy her words makes him feel. 

He feel the soft grasp on his hands, squeezing them tights. "Wait for me."

She said, gently. As if she knows that it would make his heart thumped like that. As if she knows that he likes it when she coated it like that. 

He tried to shrug it off, sighing away and push away her hands that was holding his, slowly. "Just go. Get some rest. Don't splutter nonsense here."

Jongin had hoped that she wouldn't mind him saying that. He didn't want her to be hurt by his words again, he just wants her to really go home, and get some rest and think everything over because he knew he didn't deserves her and she has her own life to deal with.

"Spluttering nonsense?" she coughed a bit. 

He sighed, looking down. "Just - "

"I'm..." Yeoreum cut him off.  

"I'm gonna make sure you won't chase me away that easily, you jerk."

And he was about to retort that back when his arm was being pulled and a chaste peck landed on his cheek as his body was lowered.  

His heart jumped at that. 

"Bye." and Yeoreum went out quickly, hiding her blushing face. She couldn't even believe that she just did such a cheesy thing back there. 

While Jongin had his face bright red. The tip of his ears seemed like it was about to burst some steams as it was so red. "That stupid - " and suddenly he remembered the heated kiss he had with her last night as she was straddling him and he went even redder, sitting on the edge of the bed and covering his face. 

"Stupid." he told himself. 

 

 

Yeoreum was silent during the car ride with Jongin's mother. Usually, she would be making conversations and commented on everything, but at that moment - she was just sitting there, twiddling with her fingers like a shy high school girl going out with her crush. 

Her body was not in the best condition so she just opted on stay silent and also - she was a bit embarrassed after trespassing the woman's house, making out with her son and making cheesy move on him before leaving - so yeah, she choose to be silent for a while. 

And Mrs.Kim was also silent, seeming like she was thinking about something and Yeoreum didn't want to disturb that. 

And it was silent - just the soft music accompanying their ride. 

"Yeoreum, you really like my son?"

Yeoreum was startled at the sudden question. She looked at the mother who was focused on driving. She looked down again before looking left and right to find her answers. 

What is this? 

Is it a test? 

Is the mother testing her? 

"Yes." that came out solid and strong. 

"Why though?"

She looked at the mother and the woman smiled. "Don't get me wrong. I'm just curious. Jongin is pretty much...well...pretty much disabled at the moment. I don't think there are any traits on him that you would find attractive."

Yeoreum also pondered on that question, wondering to herself. 

"Actually..." she started. 

"I don't know."

The car stopped at the traffic and the mother managed to get a glimpse of the girl beside her - she was looking ahead, her lips contracted into a small smile while her eyes staring at nothing with such gentle. 

"It's true that Jongin doesn't have any traits that I would find attractive, but I still like him."

"Was it pity?" the mother questioned and Yeoreum laughed a bit before shaking her head.

"I don't think it is."

If it's pity, would she ran away in rain just to make sure he's fine? 

If it's pity, would she want to stay? 

The mother looked ahead of her, pressing the gas when the lights changed. 

"That's why you should let me be with him, let us discover what we're feeling."

Wait. 

Crap. 

Yeoreum quickly panicked. "Wait, I didn't mean to say it like that. I was - "

The mother chuckled. "I get it. Don't worry."

 

 

When they arrived, Yeoreum was not expecting Mrs.Kim to get out from the car along with her, and she was smiling when she saw the girl's confused look. 

"I want to meet your mother."

The girl's shoulders slumped. 

Mrs.Kim probably going to tell.

And knowing her mother - she would be nagged for the rest of the day. 

And perhaps, she couldn't meet Jongin again. 

She looked up. "I don't think my mom's home."

Mrs.Kim laughed. "Your mom is waiting for me, Yeoreum. Now come." she urged, waving her hand for the girl and she sighed, marching slowly. 

The moment the door was opened, Yeoreum was greeted with a nasty glare from her mother and she skiddled closer to Jongin's mother, making the woman laughed. 

"You little brat!" her mother marched, pulling Yeoreum's arm away and the girl whined. 

"Ah, mom..."

"You think you're a heroine in some kind of drama?!" The mother yelled. 

"What were you thinking going out like that?! Are you crazy?!"

Yeoreum jutted her lips, shoulders dropped. "Mom..."

Her mother glared back and she looked down immediately. 

"Jungah..."

The mother turned her attention somewhere else other than her daughter, quickly forming a grin and hugged the woman in front of her. 

"She's back in one piece. Let her rest."

And the mother sighed, glaring at her daughter. "Go to your room, wash, and eat the pills I put on your table. Now!"

Quickly, Yeoreum complied, leaving the two mothers alone and went to her room. She closed her door and her shoulders dropped again, defeated. 

She pressed her ear on the door, hoping to hear something but nothing came and she sighed again. 

She sat at the end of the bed, somehow wondering why she even do these kind of things. 

But then, remembering Jongin - she smiled.

 

 

"You daughter confess her feelings to me today."

"Huh?" The girl's mother halted the cup that was about to touch her lips. Her eyes widened. 

"No. I meant...she confessed her feeling on my son to me."

"Oh..." the mother sighed. "I thought...nevermind."

"And so? What's the problem?"

Jongin's mother leaned against the chair. "You're not worried that your daughter like my son? I mean...my son is...blind."

Yeoreum's mother was smiling as she put down her cup. "Truthfully, I don't mind." she said. 

"I love my daughter. I want her to be happy and I trust her enough...well, not really enough after what she had done last night...but...the point is...she can like whoever she want and I don't mind as long as she's happy."

A sigh. "But they are so young..."

", shut the up. You got married after we finished school."

And Jongin's mother laughed at that. "Yeah, true..."

"I guess I'm just scared." she continued.

"You're just overprotective. Don't worry, it happens, even more with Jongin being like that."

There was another sigh. 

"Don't worry, I'll ask my daughter to take extra care on your son."

The boy's mother chuckled at that. 

"Just..." Yeoreum's mother opened . "Just...please kindly tell Jongin not to get my daughter pregnant. I kinda want her to finish college first."

And another laugh came afterwards. 

 

 

Yeoreum didn't know what time it is when she opened her eyes but she knew it was morning as the sun shone brightly from her window. She groaned, feeling her body aching everywhere and she tried to stretch, only making her groaned louder. 

"I'm getting old." she sighed to herself. 

Just then, the door was opened and she turned to look at her mother, walking with a tray of what it seemed like her breakfast and she quickly looked down when she saw the glare from the mother. 

"How are you feeling?" the mother put the tray on the nightstand, taking a seat on the bed across her and gently checked on the temperature.

Yeoreum feel lighter than before to be said but she didn't know whether she's getting better or it's because of the pills from last night. 

"I feel fine."

The mother just hummed at that, dropping her hands away from the girl. "I got your foods and pills. Eat it, okay?"

She nodded. 

"I'm going to work now."

She nodded again. 

The mother sighed, looking at her daughter. "Just so you know, I don't like your act from last night."

She nodded again. "I'm sorry."

"And so, I'm gonna cut your allowances."

Her shoulders dropped. 

"Don't do those things again, got it?"

She nodded, looking down glumly.

The mother sighed again. "If you want to meet him, go when you're healthy, not when you're sick, stupid."

Yeoreum jutted her lips. 

"So eat and be well, and then you can see Jongin again."

She nodded but her eyes blinked fast and she gazed her eyes up. "I can see him again?"

"Get well first and then we'll talk."

Yeoreum squealed, throwing her arms around her mother. "I will! I will!"

The mother chuckled at the sudden act. 

"I promise I'll take a good care of him. Nothing bad will happen to him."

 

 

This is bad. 

Jongin has a fever. 

His mother sighed on the edge of the bed, staring at her son who just fall asleep, shivering under the comforter.

Please log in to read the full chapter