six

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

six

When he said that he will be coming more often, Yeoreum didn’t expected Chanyeol to be coming again the next day. So, she was very awkward when she had seen him grinning at the doorstep and just nodded back at him with the same awkwardness that she had possessed.

Weirdly enough, he was civil enough to ring the bell and waited for her to come and opened the door for him instead of just barging in like yesterday – Yeoreum had wondered why he would even make her job more difficult by doing that. Also, he had come pretty early in the morning unlike yesterday when he had come to the house almost noon.

Chanyeol, sensing the girl was being too awkward for his liking quickly let out a laugh in which had failed to ease her and just make things more awkward because,

Why the hell is he suddenly laughing?

“You seemed to not like me here. But – but don’t worry, I won’t disturb you or anything…I just came here for a good sleep and to visit that lazy friend of mine.”

She had managed to let out an amused laugh, just because he had somehow in some way managed to insult Jongin.

“I just didn’t expect to see you again.”

Chanyeol had laughed again.

Maybe he had the tendency of laughing whenever he was feeling anxious or embarrassed? Yeoreum really was amused by his laughing.

“I always come here. I kinda work near here…you know the bar down the road?” he let out a sheepish laugh when he saw her shake her head. “It’s famous though…” he had muttered.

“Anyways, I work there and always ended my shift on the morning…so I will always crash at his place to sleep before I went home.” He beamed again.

Unknowingly, she smiled too and she also didn’t know why she was acting so shy in front of him. Maybe because she barely knows him, just wait until they are becoming close…

“I hope you’re not uncomfortable or anything…I mean, I can always go home after work but I’m just so tired…”

“It’s not really my house to begin with, so I don’t really mind…it’s just…I didn’t really expect you to come again…”

Chanyeol had grinned again and seemed satisfied enough with the answer.

“Just…make yourself comfortable or something – I don’t know. I’m just gonna do my work.”

He just watched her leave to the kitchen, mumbling something under her breath but he didn’t really catch it.

“Are you preparing breakfast?” he peeked to the kitchen from the living room. The delicious aroma of home cooked meals intruded his sense of smell.

“Yes.” She then looked at him, probably noticing the way he was eyeing the food that she suddenly smiled.

“Have you eaten?”

He sheepishly answered, “Do you have more?”

 

 

Yeoreum had just finished sending Jongin’s breakfast when she found Chanyeol was busy eating at the kitchen counter, probably was so hungry that he didn’t even noticed her walking in and only realized it when she was washing her hands.

“You don’t want to eat together?”

She casted a quick smile at the boy, shaking her head. “It’s okay. I already eat.”

Chanyeol pouted, but didn’t say anything. “This breakfast is really tasty by the way, did you make it?”

She snorted. “No. I couldn’t make all that. Aunty makes it, I’m just helping her re-heated it back and served to her son.”

Chanyeol hummed in confusion. “It’s weird…I didn’t really remembered aunty makes this tasty dish like this before.”

Yeoreum just cleared in discomfort.

Okay, maybe she had somehow made some changes on the dishes – like put more seasonings, because every Mrs. Kim’s dishes actually tasted bland. As if the woman really wanted to make her son healthy by just not letting him taste anything.

It was originally a mistake that Yeoreum had made because she had once tasted the dish and was surprised because it tasted like a piece of paper – not that she had tasted it, and so she changed a bit, somehow forgetting about how it was supposed to be for Jongin and not for her.

But hey – it seemed like Jongin a

Please log in to read the full chapter