NINE

Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There Jae stood up on stage looking out into the crowd with his guitar in his hands. The crowd wasn’t to small, but it definitely wasn't a crowd for any big name or anything. All of this was all all thanks to his friends Dowoon, and Wonpil. He couldn’t have done this without them. The crowd standing in front of him was there for Jae, was there because they liked the music he made, not for the reason he was going to lose his hearing because tonight, he was going to tell everyone the truth.

 

Two Weeks Prior

 

Jae sat in the front of the classroom writing notes and listening along to the teacher of the KSL class course he newly joined. He took his friends advice and started taking the class about a week ago. He was able to manage both his music and this class, although things were about to get really busy when he noticed a text from Dowoon.

 

Thankfully the class was about to end. He got his things together then parted with friends and the teacher in sign language. He opened his phone and read the text from Dowoon.

 

Dowoon: Hey Jae you better come

to the studio asap, we got a

surprise for you! Might be a bit busier now.

 

Jae: On my way !

 

Jae quickly ran to the bus stop and waited a few before his bus came. He was happy, probably the most happy he’s been, but when he thought about it, when would this short happiness finally come to an end?

 

He glanced at his watch while his other hand held one of the bus handles above. He just wanted to hurry and get to the studio. He had an idea of what was waiting for him there.

 

-

 

Wonpil and Dowoon stared at the several boxes on the table. They knew exactly what was inside and boy, did they want to open them up so bad. But they knew they had to wait for Jae to get back.

 

Dowoon began to pace the room, but by the time he started to pace the room for the second time, Wonpil grabbed him, and put his arm around Dowoon’s shoulders to get him to stop, “You always do this when you get nervous, and impatient don’t you?” Wonpil says pulling Dowoon closer smirking.

 

Dowoon lets out a single laugh, then nods, “Yes, yes I do.”

 

“That reminds me, You know I felt a little hurt last time when you said ‘we’re not like that’” Wonpil says with a sigh looking away.

 

Dowoon smiles awkwardly, “we aren’t.”

 

Wonpil nods, “I know, but What if we were…” he trails off.

 

Dowoon was about to say something but was stopped by the door suddenly swinging open. In came a panting and excited Jae.

 

“Guys, I’m here,” Jae said in between huffs, “What's the surprise!”

 

Wonpil smiled, then un wrapped his arm from Dowoon, “These boxes, my friend,” he said swinging his arm in front of the boxes piled on the table.

 

“Don’t tell me,” Jae said anxiously as he ran up to the boxes, “Are these the albums.”

 

Both Wonpil and Dowoon nod, and walk up to the boxes as well. They each pick a box and start opening them.

 

“They are perfect!” Jae says with one in his hand.

 

“And, tomorrow, they will officially go on sale. Also i’ll be uploading that video we made of you singing to the main title track, Last Wish.” Wonpil says holding an album in his hands as well, “also don’t worry, with the company's help we’ll be able to get your name out there.”

 

“You think we should go busking the next few days, to get the word out a bit more,” Dowoon insists.

 

Jae nods, “hell yeah. That sounds like a good idea.” Both Wonpil and Dowoon nodding in reply.

 

“Oh yeah, Wonpil,” Jae starts, “You think we can get the company to refrain from mentioning that i’m going to deaf, just until I tell my fans that don’t exist yet.”

 

“I’ll try, but when do you plan on telling, because you don’t have much time left,” Wonpil says hesitantly.

 

Jae smiles, “I want to tell the truth to my fans at a concert. I know getting a concert organized is not easy, but it doesn’t have to be extravagant, something small. And I know that two weeks isn’t very much time to gain many fans if any, but even if its just 10 people, I want them to like me for my music, not the fact that i’m going deaf.” he finishes.

 

Both Dowoon, and Wonpil look to each other understanding, and at this point they’d do anything for eachother, so they sure as hell were definitely going to make this happen.

 

-

 

All of the rest of that day and even through the morning Wonpil was working hard to make sure everything would go as planned. All the articles that were originally going to come out including that Jae was an artist to soon become death were rewritten without that in it. Anything anywhere it mentioned anything about Jae going deaf was deleted, or changed. The company wasn’t happy, especially since they felt like that was the only way they’d be able to make profit, but they weren't evil, plus they actually liked the idea of Jae telling the people himself, might be better for them, for everybody.

 

Finally around 11:30 everything was complete. Wonpil, Dowoon, and Jae met up in the studio and got ready for the official release.

 

“So what are we going to do once everything is released?” Dowoon asks.

 

“I say we go celebrate, then go busking,” Jae says excitedly.

 

They agreed.

 

It was finally noon. The video, albums, and articles, were officially released. The three of them stood up in their seats and cheered. They couldn’t just sit there and wait for responses because it would take a little bit of time before anyone really sees everything, so after the quick excitement, they got ready to go out to eat.

 

“Chicken?” Dowoon smirks.

 

“Yeah, The Roasted Chicken. I can finally go eat with you guys this time.” Jae replies.

 

-

 

The three of them walked into The Roasted Chicken, got seats, then ordered. When the food was done, Wonpil walked up to the counter to get their food, but before heading back to the table, he pulled out one of Jae’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter