04.

Recalling Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re the one who wanted to save all of these memories, but why? Why is it only me who needs to suffer it while you’re living your life to the fullest? It’s not fair, Baekhyun, not fair. God knows how much I wanted to hated you, but I can’t. You’re still a part of my life, don’t you see that?” She grief so much that her eyes had become puffy and red.


Walking up to the stairs, Taeyeon see the portrait one by one that is hanging on the wall, following the steps to the second level of the house. However, before she could reaches there, she stops her pace. The girl slowly took one of the picture down from the wall, she sees the smile that was in the picture, fill with happiness.

It is their one year anniversary today, their weak relationship which is gradually become stronger and closer that it’s not easy for anyone to break them apart, to ruin it. It’s all because the trust they had for each other, their love for each other and mostly, the way they didn’t try to hide their feelings, venting out whenever they want, just so that they could solve it together and went through together.

A girl is sleeping soundly in her sweet room, hugging a big and soft skeleton doll that she received from her boyfriend on their second month anniversary. She doesn’t know what she is currently dreaming about but it’s definitely a good one, because the moment her phone rang, she groans in annoy before taking it from the side table without opening her pair of eyes.

“Rise and shine, babe! I’m going to send my driver for you at six in the evening, so prepare yourself. I love you so much, see you later!” Baekhyun said.

 

The girl finally opens her eyes, just so that she could blink at the screen of her phone and realized her boyfriend really did hang up on her without giving her the time to reply to him. Few minutes later, when the brunette finally digest what had the guy just said, she turns her head sideway and sit up from the bed, looking at the clock which the hand is still showing ten in the morning. She shrugs her shoulder and stands up from the bed to give her whole body a few stretches.

“There’s no use to go back to sleep now, I’ll eventually need to get up again few minutes later.” She said to herself, making her bed.

 

Taeyeon walks to her closet and takes out her all-time favorite combination outfit, which is just a piece of black shirt and a pair of short ripped jeans. Only by then, she walks to the toilet and hangs her clothes before standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself, tying up her hair into a bun.

“Should I have a haircut to surprise him?” She touches her hair and grins, feeling completely excited to see his reaction later.

 

Humming whatever rhythm is in her head, she undressed herself and stands under the shower head, not forgetting to adjust the water temperature to her liking. It takes her around ten minutes in the bathroom since she doesn’t need to wash her hair as she had done it the night before, getting out from the toilet, she walks down to the kitchen to see that her parents is already there.

“Good Morning!” She said, pecking each of their cheek.

  “Morning, are you heading out?” Mr Kim asks.

“I’m just going to give Sunny’s salon a visit later.”

  “You rejected my offer last time, why suddenly?”

“Well, I want to give Baekhyun a surprise.” She replies, blushing a bit.

  “Told you so, she is completely head over heels for him.” Mrs Kim teases her by saying those words to Mr Kim whereas he only laughs at it.

 

Knowing too well that she’s going to lose if she ever opens , Taeyeon decides to ignore them and starts eating her breakfast, taking her time because she still has a lot of hours left till Baekhyun’s driver comes and picks her up. Luckily, their breakfast is following the western menu today, or else, her stomach going to bloat up a little bit today.

“I’m done, I’ll be back soon.” Taeyeon said.

 

She takes her dish to the sink and walks to the shoes rack, taking her pairs of white sandals from it before wearing it, holding on to the wall for balancing herself more. Before she could get out from the house, she doesn’t miss out her dad’s word.

“Be careful on your way, I’m sure he'll love you just the same."

  “I will, bye!”

 

Entering the car, she turns on the engine to let it heat up first. While waiting for the engine to heat up, she gives her best friend a call as Tiffany always know what suits her the best, so asking her had never been a wrong choice and she needs to do it as fast as she could so that she can give Sunny a call, making an appointment if there’s too many customers today.

“Need your help, more like an advice.”

  “What is it?” Tiffany asks.

“It’s our anniversary today, I want to give him a surprise.”

  “Go on.”

“What hairstyles should I do? Oh, I’m cutting it short too.”

  “Don’t hang up first, I’ll think about it.”

“Alright, take your time as I’m on my way to Sunny’s.”

 

When Taeyeon said that, she starts her journey to the salon after turning on the air conditioner, focusing on the road instead. She strums her fingers on the stirring wheel, following the rhythm of the music through the radio.

“You’re still there?”

  “Yes, so I could get an answer from you now?”

“Of course, short and in the color of ash-blonde.”

  “Alright, I’ll give a phone call to Sunny now.”

“Bye, boo!”

 

Tiffany hangs up the phone call after bidding farewell, looking for Sunny’s call on my phone and when she found her name, she logs it. Stepping on the pedal, she continues her journey while waiting for Sunny to pick up the call which take a while, probably there’s a customer she’s working on right now.

“What’s up?”

  “Sunny, is there a lot of customer today?”

“Still can handles it, you’re on your way?”

  “Yeah, still needs half an hour left till I reach there.”

“Alright, I’m free for you, special treatment.”

  “Thank you, see you later.”

 

Hanging up the phone, Taeyeon sings along to the song on the radio, driving more faster by stepping more on the pedal but at the same time, she makes sure it’s safe to do that, cause she knows that she need to arrive home earlier than she expects, so that she could have enough time later to do her makeup later.

 

There’s a song that’s inside of my soul
It’s the one that I’ve tried to write over and over again
I’m awake in the infinite cold
But you sing to me over and over and over again

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of your galaxy dancing
And laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me the plans that you have for me over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands
And pray to be only yours
I pray to be only yours
I know n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter