05.

Recalling Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The picture was taken beautifully, with them, kissing each other with a bright moon and an unending ocean behind them, the day Baekhyun knelt down on the ground, asking her to be his wife, everything used to be a sweet dream of hers, but now, it’s a nightmare and she hopes that when she opens her eyes, awake from it, everything will still be the same. He, She and Them. Still falling deeply in love with each other.

“I want to see you again, your existence that had been giving me the love and secure feelings that I badly need it now.” Taeyeon speaks out.

 

She hangs back the picture and walks a step ahead of the stairs, taking down the next picture that she cherishes the most, the day where they had tried out the wedding dress and suit. Also, it’s the very last picture of them, together, side by side. Despite being together for over a little bit of a year, what she regrets the most is that they didn’t take a lot of pictures together. If they do, she can at least keep looking at it, remembering him, letting herself doing all these hard jobs in protecting their memories. Instead of reminiscing that very day, she can’t help it but reminiscing the hurtful day, the day where her heart turns dead.

Playing with her own fingers, she sits down quietly and nervously to let the makeup artist and hairstylist to do their job, making her looks pretty as she’s the main character for today, the heroin of the day. Changing her pyjamas into the most beautiful, yet simple design white dress, she looks at herself in the mirror, satisfied with the makeup and hairstyles.

“You’re so beautiful. Your husband is a lucky guy.”

  Blushing, “Thank you, hopefully.” Taeyeon replied.

 

While waiting for the time to tick, Taeyeon looks behind her through the mirror when she hears the door being knocked. Her parents come into her sight. Since she has a hard time in walking to them with this heavy dress, they walk to her instead and hugs her tightly each side. She feels tears b because suddenly, she can’t bear to leave their side, leave the house.

“Don’t cry, honey! Your makeup will smudge.” Mrs Kim said, trying her very best to stop crying too.

 

Both the makeup artist and hairstylist shakes their head with a smile, going out of the room to let the family have some alone time, respecting their privacy. When Taeyeon sees the door was being closed, she holds both her parents’ hand tightly with tears in her eyes.

“I’ll miss you guys so much, what should I do?”

  “We’ll miss you too, dear. You just need to be happy.”

“But I 've never been away from home.”

  “Just keep in mind, our door will always be open for you. You can always come back home whenever you feel like it, alright?” Mr Kim said, patting her daughter’s hand.

 

Nodding her head, at the same time, the makeup artist and hairstylist had re-entered the room, giving her the last re-touch of her makeup and hair, making sure everything is perfect as the time is nearing. When they’re done with their job, they leave the room with their belongings, whereas dad slowly covers my face with the white veil that was being pinned on the back of my head. Standing up from the chair, I smile at them.

“You’ll always be our daughter, no matter what happens.”

 

Exiting the room, they enter the car that was prepared by Baekhyun for them to go to the venue. Taeyeon sits behind with her mom, while her dad sits in the front, beside the driver. Holding on to her mom’s hand, she feels overwhelmed by the reality that she will really be someone’s wife soon, laying her head on her mom’s shoulder when Mrs Kim holds back her hand.

“Mom, are you this nervous too when you married dad?”

  “Of course, I also clearly remember that I hold on tightly to your granny’s hand too while on my way there, just like how we’re doing it now.” She said, smiling.

 

While on the way to the venue, she decided not to ignore her feelings, she feels like she needs to tell her mom everything, so that Mrs Kim will be able to help her out if it’s really needed.

“Mom.”

  “What is it, dear?” She asks, worriedly.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter