Miss Right

Midnight Sanctuary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
eight miss right

 

One of the first thoughts Jungkook had when he woke up the next morning, was that he probably hadn't thought it through when he'd promised Taehyung about getting him a girlfriend; nope, he didn't think much of it at all.

But then again, how hard could it be to find a girl that Taehyung would like? He'd thought to himself.

Yet on that very Tuesday afternoon, in the midst of his little search for Taehyung's perfect other half, Jungkook realized he probably overestimated his odds on this one; and having Jimin as a second opinion didn't seem to help at all.

"I swear, Jeon Jungkook," said the blonde through a mouthful of gnashed up japjae, "your taste in girls absolutely, and undeniably ."

The ball of used tissue seemed to come out of nowhere at that moment, flying across the table so fast and suddenly that it hit Jimin before he could dodge it, and he yelped in disgust at the sight of gooey food remnants stuck all over it.

"Well I have you know," Jungkook said as he settled back down in his seat with a satisfied grin, "I was a pro matchmaker back in middle school and matched up like, five of my friends with totally awesome girls, who by the way, are all still together."

The other clucked his tongue. "Please, girls in high school are a whole other level than middle school, so argument invalid. Your taste still ."

It was lunchtime for the students of Shinbi High, and the two best friends were seated at their usual corner in the bustling cafeteria, by the windows that faced the school field where cheerleaders were having their routinely practice. Taehyung sat wedged between them, silent and eyes focused on the chopsticks he was manouvering with his fingers, paying no attention to the heated conversation the two had been having the whole time. He let out a tiny gasp in amazement when he successfully picked up a fried fishcake, only to drop it a second later.

"Come on, Kim Yura isn't that bad," Jungkook tried to reason, as he shifted over to help position Taehyung's fingers properly over his chopsticks upon noticing his difficulty. "She's hot, she's from the dance team, has long legs and not to mention freaking gorgeous hair. What's not to like?"

Jimin snickered at that. "Dude, she dated half the rugby team within a month. That's like, fifteen hook-ups in four weeks."

Hand still on Taehyung's, Jungkook guided him to pick up the fishcake. "Right, well, how about Hani from your chem class? She's clean, and pretty hot too."

"Nah, she's still into that guy that dumped her."

"Eh, Nana then? Sana? Or Lisa from the cheerleaders?"

"Taken, taken, and Lisa's lesbian."

"God Jimin how do you even know these things."

"It's called social media and gossip, little one. Seriously, keep up with the times." It was Jimin's turn to smirk, and he was back to munching his food.

Pulling a face as he rolled his eyes, Jungkook decided not to reply him, feeling his mind already shutting down from the number of names of girls he'd had to rake out of his memory just to remember, and instead chose to divert all his attention to the boy beside him who was picking at his food, with an expression that was crumpled in concentration.

From the look of things, Taehyung seemed to be back to his normal self — much to Jungkook's relief — after what went on between them in the confinement room last night; If Jungkook was being absolutely honest, he'd admit that the whole thing really freaked him out, when Taehyung had so strongly tried to push him away out of fear from the demons hiding inside him, but Jungkook was glad he'd chosen to stay to fix things, despite how uncomfortable he was towards confrontment and apologies — he just couldn't stand the thought of Taehyung possibly being mad at him, and thankfully, it hadn't been the case.

They'd been practically glued to the hip ever since, what with Jungkook never leaving Taehyung's side the entire day (except for bathroom breaks because his teachers were rule-abiding pricks that only allowed one to go at a time) and whether the omega recalled any bit of detail from the conversation they shared the previous night, he didn't show it, appearing more interested in the wonders of high school life that he was still adjusting to.

And not to mention, a few certain life-skills that he'd forgotten after all those years he'd been stuck as a wolf, which at that point, was using chopsticks.

Seeing how Taehyung was still struggling with the piece of cutlery, Jungkook kindly picked up a rice ball from the other's bento plate and brought it to his frowny mouth, a gesture that caused Taehyung to instantly perk up, and with a beam he opened his mouth happily for Jungkook to plop the food in.

"So, I'm guessing you haven't spotted anyone you like yet?" Jungkook broke out of his thoughts to revert back to the topic they'd been conversing about, chuckling lightly when Taehyung practically lit up from being fed.

The omega hummed as he chewed, in the cutest possible way ever — cheeks puffed from being filled with food and lips in a slight pout — and he shook his head. "I don't... think so."

"Damn Tae, your standard for girls are higher than I thought."

Taehyung gobbled another rice ball, managing to get it himself this time. "It's just...there's too many people to see in here. And I still don't know how to tell if I like someone."

Spotting a grain that stuck to the corner of Taehyung's mouth, Jungkook reached out to thumb it away. "Well, actually that's sorta pretty easy. One way to know, is that she'd be someone to catch your eye when you look around in a place with lots of people, and you can't help yourself from taking a second look. Then you stare, realizing there's something that attracts you to her."

Head tilted, Taehyung blinked questioningly. "Something like...?"

"Er, like, long hair? You know, big eyes, fair skin, chubby cheeks, or even the way she smiles and laughs. It can be anything really." With a nod towards the load of students in the cafeteria around them, Jungkook said, "Go on, try it. And tell us the first girl to catch your attention."

"Okay."

Setting his utensils down, Taehyung did just as told, and ran his eyes through the sea of unfamiliar faces that surrounded them far and wide, lips now pursed in serious ponderment.

He paused at a girl with long, fiery orange hair, huddled amongst five guys at a table in the middle of the room. "Uh, her. I think... she looks, hot?"

This time, it was his soup that Jimin choked on when they matched a name to the female he'd pointed out, and Jungkook was laughing all over again.

"Wow Tae, I'm flattered to know we share the same taste of girls, but sadly Yura isn't girlfriend material."

"And you're proving to be a bad influence on him," Jimin coughed when he got himself together.

"Whatever." Jungkook was back to watching Taehyung then, chin resting on the hand of his arm that was propped on the table. "Sorry Tae, but it seems like this getting you a girlfriend thing isn't really working out. I think I've practically named like, every junior class girl I know, and none of them seem to be your type."

Taehyung made a sound of disapproval, waving his chopsticks in the air. "No it's okay. I don't think I really need one anyway. Having you guys is more than enough for me, you're all I need."

"No seriously, you deserve to know what it feels like to fall in love. We just need to find the right one for you, but we'll need to do this another way cuz we both at picking up girls—"

Upon feeling a small, delicate hand smoothing up the curve of his shoulder, Jungkook stopped short in his words then, and at the sudden wave of lavender that filled the air around him, a knowing smile spread across his face.

"Should I be concerned that you're talking about picking up girls when I'm not around?" A hand became two, then long, slender arms were wrapping themselves around Jungkook's neck from behind, and a pair of rose-tined lips were nuzzling the side of his face over butterfly kisses.

Damn, he could always sense her without needing to see her.

Breaking into that good ol' goofy, lovesick grin, Jungkook twisted in his seat to pull Jiyoo down on his lap, his own hands splaying across the plane of her back as he leaned forward to kiss her, taking her lips as if they were the only thing he knew. Bless the insatiable passion that ran through teenagers in love these days.

"Oh for Heaven's sake, get a ing room," Jimin groaned, slapping a hand over his eyes only to have the pair giggling at him, mouths still latched onto each other's as they laughed, and three more kisses later, Jiyoo had (thankfully) managed to untangle herself from Jungkook's grasp enough to slide into the chair next to his.

"Sorry Jimin," she simpered, eyes still locked on the gorgeous figure that was her boyfriend. "Won't happen again."

"Well I'm not sorry." And Jungkook was going for her lips again, hands reaching out to interwine with hers, but she pressed a finger to his mouth, stopping him in his motions.

"Now now, behave." Pleased when he backed down at last, she set her elbows on the table. "Alright guys, so what's up with all this girl talk? Are you finally gonna match Jimin up for a date, Jeon?"

The blonde held up his own finger dramatically. "First of all, I can score a date on my own any time I want to, thank you very much. And secondly." He jabbed a thumb towards the boy on his left. "The date's not for me, it's for him."

As if she hadn't noticed that a third person had been with them, Jiyoo straightened in surprise, brows perked with interest at the first real look she had of Taehyung, and the smile that spread across her face the next moment was warm, the boy himself thought.

"Oh, hello there! Sorry I didn't see you, Jungkook's such a big pig he practically blocked you."

The said male made a face, whining a 'Hey!' but she ignored him and held a hand out. "I don't think we've formally met, I'm Eun Jiyoo. Jungkook's girlfriend."

Accepting the handshake shyly, Taehyung tried to crack a genuine grin, only to have his nervousness seep through his stutter of words, "H-Hi, nice to m-meet you."

The raven-haired girl nestled back in her seat, propping an arm over the backrest. "So you're Taehyung, huh? I've heard a lot about you from Jungkook." She side-eyed the brunette then, "Though he's never told me how good looking you are."

"Are you seriously checking him out right in front of me?" Jungkook feigned a gasp, playfully pretending to flick her forehead.

"What? He's a pretty one," said Jiyoo with a shrug. "Pretty enough to score a date all on his own, if you ask me."

At that, the two betas raised their brows at her skeptically. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you two are searching for a girl to set him up on a date with right? But I don't think you need to be the one doing the looking." Jiyoo's hands came alive, gesturing about to animate her words. "Think about it, instead of searching for girls, you should get them searching for Taehyung instead. Like, you could throw him out on the field with the cheerleaders, and I bet you they'll be prowling all over his luscious little lips in seconds."

Jimin grimaced, "Okay horrible choice of visual description, but you seriously think so?"

"Of course, a girl doesn't lie about good looks," she said with a wink. "Besides, lots of the girls here are into the pretty boy look, which Taehyung totally pulls off. But he's a little quiet, so all he needs is something that'll blow up the attention for him."

"Like what?" Jungkook mused.

"Anything really. But everyone loves a guy who's good at sports? Maybe y'all could have a game with him on the field or something."

"He doesn't play sports, babe, much less soccer."

She rolled her eyes with a huff. "God Jeon, he's a freaking werewolf, with super strength and super reflexes. He doesn't need to know how to play to be good at it."

Exchanging considering looks with Jimin then, he turned to Taehyung, before glancing out towards the field through the window. The cheerleaders were still there practicing, only now there was a small crowd by the bleachers facing the side of the field that where a group of guys were scampering about, immersed in their game of soccer. Perfect timing.

"She does have a point," said Jimin after a moment of silence, and Jungkook smirked in agreement.

"Alright, let's play a game. Right now."

 

 

It hadn't been easy to talk Taehyung into it, not really.

And damn he was strong; it had taken both Jungkook and Jimin to literally drag him out to that field over his protests and refusal to budge, they nearly settled for throwing him over their shoulders and carrying him instead, but they'd somehow managed to make it out eventually, reasoning with him that it was a perfect opportunity not to be missed.

"B-But Jungkook! I don't know how to play!" Taehyung whined again, tugging on the other's blazer so hard it might rip.

"I swear, you don't need to." Jungkook managed to wrench his sleeve from Taehyung's fingers. "You'll see what I mean."

"No wait wait wait—"

"Heyyy Seungcheol!" Jimin called out when they were within earshot of the guys on the field, adding a wave to the brown-haired boy with spiked bangs who'd whirled around at the sound of his name.

"Oh hey, Jimin," the male, Seungcheol, greeted back with a smile, and the group's movements halted as he caught their ball under his foot.

Jimin approached him with feigned sheepishness, "Sorry to interrupt you like this, but hope you don't mind me asking a little favor."

"Not at all, what's up?"

"Well see, my cousin back there—" Jimin stuck a thumb out over his shoulder to where Taehyung was rooted next to Jungkook, "—he's just transferred here yesterday, and I wanted to show him what we do here in school for fun. I happened to see you out here, so I was wondering if we could join you guys for a little game?"

Seungcheol took a moment to cast a glance over to the two males behind the blonde, and gave him a casual shrug. "Sure, I don't see why not."

"Awesome, thanks! I owe ya one."

"Nah, we needed a couple more players anyway." Seungcheol motioned for his friends to come over, before turning back to the trio. "You three wanna be together in a team?"

"That's fine, we don't mind."

"Actually," Jungkook intercepted then, "could Taehyung be one of the goalies?"

Blinking at him, Seungcheol gave Taehyung another once over. "Uh, sure, but is he up for it though? No offense but, he looks a little skinny, and my friends are pretty strong shooters."

With a smug chuckle, Jungkook patted Taehyung on his back. "Oh, he's definitely up for it."

"Alright then, let's go!"

After a short round of introductions, the boys decided their teams with a round of black and white — Taehyung had miraculously ended up with both Jimin and Jungkook — and the two groups parted for their respective sides of the field.

"Okay, remember Tae, all you have to do is catch the ball," said Jungkook through encouraging on Taehyung's back, as they headed towards their goal post.

The poor boy was still trembling beside him. "O-Okay. Just, catch the ball," he repeated.

"Yes, don't let the ball go past you, and toss it back to your team members when you catch it. If you can't recognise them, just pass it to me or Jimin." Jungkook put a hand to the other's chest. "And don't forget to breathe."

On prompt Taehyung exhaled, barely realizing he'd been holding his breath the whole time. "Right, breathe."

"You can do it, alright? Remember what you said, this is your chance to feel human again."

At his words, a switch seemed to flip somewhere inside Taehyung, causing the omega to forget about his nervousness for a while as he seriously considered Jungkook's words, and when he felt the ever so soft, gentle graze of long fingers running through his hair, that did it for him.

"Okay," Taehyung found himself saying, now bright and beaming and Jungkook couldn't help but grin along.

"You can do it Tae, I believe in you." And with that, Jungkook departed for his position.

Following a series of commands and a hand gesture from Seungcheol once everyone was in place, the game was finally kicked off minutes later. The first pass went to a boy in red shoes, someone Taehyung could recognise as his teammate, and he watched as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter