Falling Into Darkness

I'll Be Your Light

*A few days ago*

Highlight's repackaged album- 'Calling You' is finally getting released. You saw how hard Junhyung worked to put this together and you were as excited as he was since he was so proud of the new songs! He was sitting on the couch rambling about his anticipations for this new song since 'Plz Don't Be Sad' was loved by so many. 

"Jaewon-ah! Do you think the fans will like this too? I really like this song! I think I'm unintentionally writing brighter songs because of our new name. I can't wait for you to see the MV! You always said you liked seeing me in suits." Junhyung says as he plays you the new song. 

 

You can't help but giggle seeing the joy on his face but decided to about the lyrics anyways. 

"The lyrics are about drunk calling your ex-girlfriend though. How often have you done that to write a song like that?" You say as you pretended to be jealous and looked away. 

He flinches at the sudden comment. You can see how flustered he is and almost failed to hold in the laughter. 

"Wait what?! No, no, no! I'm not writing from personal experience. Like... They aren't my personal feelings. It's... it's just something me and Taejoo thought would be a good concept. It's... It's not..." 

You couldn't help but burst into laughter seeing him nervously try to defend himself.

"I'm joking, pabo-ah!" 

You see him sigh in relief and pout at your little joke. He jokingly strangles you into a hug and rests his head onto of yours. 

 

That's exactly the Junhyung you fell for. He seems chic and cold at first glance, but he is the softest and most sensitive fluff ball you have ever met. He is so caring in nature that anything that might potentially hurt the feelings of the ones he loves will hurt him so much more. Which is why what happened next hurt him so bad. 

 


 

You noticed something was wrong when you saw him with a frown scrolling through his phone. 

"Oppa what's wrong?" You said cuddling up next to him. 

"Oh nothing really. Just some feedback about the new song. Nothing much." He says while he locked his phone screen and tried to brush it off. 

 

You knew Junhyung too well. He's not a man that liked to share his worries with his family or friends. So you didn't push it any further and let it slide. You can tell his mind was somewhere else while he sat next to you as a movie played in the background. Neither of you were able to concentrate on what was playing ahead. 

Junhyung went to have a bath and it was time to try and figure out what was wrong. You saw that he was on Instagram last, so it was the first thing you decided to go to. 

You were shocked at the amount of hate comments that flooded into Junhyung's Instagram. People who claimed to be fans of Highlight are telling him to stop hogging all the vocal parts, and saying that he's a rapper and he should have his own place. 

 

You felt your heart sink knowing your man was dealing with all of this himself. He has always been so proud of his music. To him the music he produced were like his children. They were all precious to him and you knew exactly how much hard work and late nights were involved in each and every song. Besides being on schedule, he was almost always in his recording studio jotting down ideas and editing. Junhyung has always respected s input into their music. Since he was the producer, he wanted to make sure he showcases everyone's ability and talent and also make sure the members were also happy with what he had in mind. Every time he has an idea, he would discuss it with s; every time a title was picked, it was done as a group. 

He must feel so defeated right now. This accusation is a complete opposite to the man you know. 

 

You sigh and hope this doesn't affect him too much. The concert was right around the corner and he's been practicing with the members non stop. It was Highlight's first concert after changing company's. Everyone knew how important it was, everyone made it their priority to put on a good show. 

Junhyung didn't say much after coming out of the bath. He came out and kneeled in front of Hyungnim's dog pen for a while. You watched from afar not interrupting as he shared his thoughts with his son. You always knew he would share almost all his thoughts with Hyungnim, it comforted him to be able to share his thoughts without actually worrying about the reactions he will receive.

 

"Jaewon-ah, I'm heading to bed. We have to wake up quite early for rehearsals tomorrow" He said while he walked over and kissed you on the forehead. 

"Goodnight oppa, I love you" You said with a soft smile. 'I love you' was never something you said on a frequent basis. You wanted to save it for important moments, to you, it was more impactful when used at the right time. 

He pulled you up from the couch into a tight hug. Both of you remained silent and you felt the hug tighten and he nested his head into the crook of your neck. A few minutes later, he slowly released you from the hug and you broke the silence. 

"Oppa, I'll always be here for you, so will the boys. It'll all be okay! I promise"