Wipe the Tears

I'll Be Your Light

Junhyung arrives at the Around US office and joins the members at the dance studio. The boys all stopped for a second when he walked into the room until Dongwoon broke the silence and greeted Junhyung who was last to arrive. Junhyung sensed that something was wrong and guessed that the members have heard about the news.

"Good morning hyung!" He cheerfully said leading him to the rest of the group. 

"Good morning Dongwoon-ah. Oh here, Jaewon asked me to bring you guys these" He passed Dongwoon the bag he was holding as the maknae distributed the thermoses. 

"As expected from our lovely Jaewonnie" Says Kikwang, but did not hear Junhyung being the jealous boyfriend like he usually is. 

Instead of mucking around, the boys jumped straight into practice. With the concert around the corner, they practiced hard to give back to the fans who have waited so long for concert. After a few hours of practice, they all sat around the practice room getting some well needed rest. Junhyung sat in the corner with a towel over his head gasping for air when he heard a soft mumbles from Doojoon and Kikwang which caught his attention. 

 

"Kikwang-ah, who are you texting?" Doojoon curiously asks, but it was Kikwang's softly mumbling that sparked Junhyung's interest.

They thought Junhyung was too far to hear, but he heard every word coming from the other end.

"Jaewonnie" Kikwang whispers and Doojoon repeats far too loud earning a smack on the arm from Kikwang. 

"Yah, shhh!! Jaewonnie doesn't want Junhyung to know. She's worried about him, so I'm just letting her know how we're doing" Kikwang explains. 

"You better not let Junhyung know you two are secretly texting, you know how jealous he gets" Doojoon warns and a small bitter smile forms on Junhyung's face. 

"Pabo-yah, Jaewon" Junhyung mutters under his breath. 

He just realised how much he worried her with his silence. He remained silent to not worry her, he didn't tell her to avoid her being sad about the situation, but it seems like it has done the opposite effect. 

 

Junhyung picks up his phone and texts Jaewon who should still be at work. 

** Babe, want to stop by the office when you finish your shift tonight? **

Five minutes later, her reply came through

** Yeah sure! I'll stop by just after 7pm. Hwaiting <3 **

A smile forms on Junhyung's lips

** Remember to have dinner first **

 


 

Jaewon arrives at the Around US office with three trays of ice Americano. She almost immediately runs into one of the managers and greeted him with a bow. 

"Annyeong oppa, how have you been? Would you like a coffee?" She asks struggling to balance everything. 

"Ah, thank you Jaewon! Here for Junhyung?" He says taking a cup of coffee and also taking two trays off her. 

"Ne~ The boys are still practicing?" She smiles shyly. 

"Yeah they should be in the music room. I'll take you over!" He says and leads the way. 

 

You walk into the room and see the five boys sitting on a stool each in the middle of singing Midnight. Since you came in from the back door, the boys have yet to realise you have arrived. You quickly signal to manager oppa to not say anything as you sat down at the back corner listening to the rest of the rehearsal. 

It's been so long hearing them sing songs from their Beast days. Being a proud b2uty, it was almost being hit with a wave of emotions hearing them sing those familiar tunes knowing how long and hard it has taken them to get here. 

Midnight, Stay, Shadow. It was then Doojoon turned around and saw me at the corner, he called over to Junhyung. They were about to stop when I told them to continue as I was happily enjoying this sneak peak.

 

12:30, Ribbon.... And now my favourite song, On Rainy Days. 

This song has walked me through so many hard days. It was my go-to song when things were tough, and probably one of the reasons I love Beast so much. I was enjoying their beautiful voices and tears unconsciously rolled down my face. I was still dazed out until a soft touch landed on my cheeks and I looked up to see Junhyung brushing away my tears. 

"Pabo-ah! Do you have to cry every time you hear this song" whilst Jaewon shied away, hiding from the embarrassment. 

"Wah! Noona cried?!" Dongwoon chimed in. 

"Was it too touching?" Kikwang giggled. 

"Yah! Don't tease my girl" said Junhyung protectively, earning cringing laughter from the group. 

 

After wiping away the tears, I walked forward to join the rest of the members and offered them and the staff the coffee I brought in. 

"Thanks Jaewonnie!" Kikwang said with a perfect smile patting my head. Almost instantly Junhyung pushes him away. 

"How many times do I need to tell you to stay away from her!" He says nudging Kikwang further away. 

"Stop being jealous that she's a fan of mine! I need to give my fans love, okay! Heartu heartu" He says playfully shooting finger hearts at Jaewon then quickly hiding behind Doojoon and Yoseob. 

It looks like Junhyung has loosen up a bit compared to how he looked leaving the house this morning. And a warm smile was brought to your face seeing your favourite boys muck around. 

 

"We have a few more songs to run through before we're done. Mind waiting for a little longer?" Junhyung looks at me guilty that he is making me wait after a long day of work. 

"More than happy to! This is a VIP experience for a fan, you know?" I replied

"Should we keep you away until the concert then, our number one fan" Kikwang teased. 

"Kwangie oppa~" I whined looking at him with disbelief and he smiled bright and innocently. 

"Okay, back to work kids" Doojoon stated and the boys started moving. 

 

Half an hour later, rehearsals were done. The boys thanked the staff and the live band left the room. 

"Are you coming to see the concert?" Yoseob asks cheerfully. 

"Of course! I can only come to the first night though. Can't get the other days off. Some of the other girls at the cafe will be coming that second night" Jaewon explained, slightly disappointed. 

"Noona wanted to come to all three?!" Dongwoon exclaimed. 

"Well if I had the time I definitely would. It's taken you guys so long to prepare for this. Did you forget that noona is a proud b2uty?" I laughed in reply. 

 

"She's here for me, not Junhyungie" Kikwang proudly stated. 

Junhyung not looking pleased lovingly strangles Kikwang and then turns around to ask "Tell me who you love more?" He jokingly glares at me. 

"In what sense?" I reply, playing dumb. 

"Your favourite member of course" Doojoon chimed in watching the boys tangled together. 

"Eh......" I slowly point towards the suffering Kikwang that is struggling to fight back

"WHAT?!" Betrayed, Junhyung lets go of Kikwang in disbelief and Kikwang rushes away giving me a quick hi five. 

"Hahaha! Pabo-ah Yong Junhyung!" I laugh at the kiddish look on him and gave him a quick peck on his cheeks blinding the rest of the members. 

"YAH!! YOU GUYS!" Doojoon cringes away into Dongwoon. 

 

"I guess we have to leave the lovebirds before we all get attacked by them" Yoseob expresses with Kikwang nodding in agreement. 

Goodbyes were exchanged and Junhyung and Jaewon was pushed out of the music room. 

"Ah those kids" Junhyung muttered with a smile. "Want to have a stroll before heading home?" He said looking at me with a gentle gaze.