|| 06 ||

Hide and Seek

Jungkook’s

I opened the door and saw the girl, I love (yes, I love her!), sitting on the stairs beside the railings and staring at me. “She must be really mad at me,” I thought.

I sat at her left side; none of us are speaking. I did not know what to say, or what I should say first. My mind is going crazy! I’m not sure how to explain the mistake I’ve done. The reason was so childish that I don’t think it is valid enough. I was so busy talking to myself when Joy finally spoke.

“Jungkook-ah…” Oh, how I love how she calls my name – so sweet, calm, loving – almost like I could assume that we have mutual feelings for each other. But of course not, it could be that that’s how she really calls her dongsaengs.

I looked at her; she’s looking at her feet while fidgeting her hands. It was cute. I focused on her face, her side profile, to be exact. I love it! I love how her eyes are big, her nose not too high, her cheek that is blushing, and her rosy lips…

I was taken aback when she turned her face to look at me. And she probably noticed that I was staring at her, she smiled, a sweet smile.

“It is funny how millions of people, including the people around us, know that we’re dating while the two of us know for a fact that we’re not.” She laughed a sarcastic one.

“What happened, by the way? How come that your company released that statement? Did you really tell them that the news is true?” She looked at me, smiling. As if telling me that she’s not mad or angry, that she just really wanted to know the whole story.

“Um… Well, it’s kind of true that I told them that we are dating.” I started.

“Kind of true? What do you mean?” She asked with her brows furrowed, obviously confused.

With that, I told her what really happened from the start, which causes her to laugh so hard and telling me that that is so me.

Right now, she’s trying to calm herself, with her hands on her stomach as she tries to catch her breath.

“Is it really that funny?” I asked her, with an annoyed tone.

Uhhh, is my boyfriend mad? Oh? Are you mad?” She asked me with a tone that you use when talking to a baby, her hands holding my right arm and her face swaying side by side as she teases me.

“If you’re just going to do this, I’m going back.” I stood up and when I was about to walk, I felt her hand slid through my arms to my hand and held it.

“Hey, I’m sorry, I’ll stop it.” She said as she pulls my hand, asking me to sit again. And I did.

She was about to release my hand but before she did, I held it tightly. I didn’t know what came to me but I just felt that I wanted to hold her hand. I looked at her to see her reaction and as expected, it was a mix of shock and confusion.

“Your hand’s cold, mine’s not.” I reasoned out, though it’s so obvious that it’s just an excuse.

“So what’s the plan?” She asked, changing the topic.

“Plan for what?”

“For this whole dating thing. How do we tell the truth? At least to our members.”

“Well, I’m not so sure. I haven’t thought about that. Do we really have to? It’s not like they’re going to notice that we’re really not.”

“Are you serious? So you’re just gonna continue making them believe something that’s not true?” She asks, calmly. “And what if you found someone that you like and date her?” She continued, almost a whisper.

“I won’t, I’m pretty sure of that,” I answered, looking at her eyes.

“And how do you even know that? Maybe now, you could say that. But you don’t know what the future might bring.”

“I just know it.” Because my heart is already owned by you.  

As silence came again, my mind was occupied with my own thoughts. I reminisce the time we first met, how we got close, times that we’re together, though it’s not that many and times that we’re not but I think of her. All memories of her, including now, just came running through my mind and somehow, it just hit me. I felt my heart beats faster. How can I not notice it? How come I did not see it in her eyes, her reactions? How can I be so oblivious to her feelings?

I faced her as I held her hand tighter and that made her look back at me. With those eyes, those eyes that look at me with so much emotion, so much love on it, how can I not notice? I’m such an idiot.

“Hm?” She also tightens her hold in my hand, probably thinking that there’s a problem. 

“I found it!” I told her, happiness in my voice.

She creased her brows. “Have you lost something?”

No,” I answered giddily.

“Then, what are you searching for that you found?” She asked, getting more curious.

“What you’ve been hiding,” I said seriously.

For a second, she did not get it. But now, seeing her teary eyes, I could tell that she understood what I meant. I used my other hand to caress her cheek and to remove the fallen tear on it.

“Shh, don’t cry.” As I try to comfort her.

“You found me!” She said, pulling me into a hug.


Hi!!

I'm back again, much faster than I've expected. Hehe

You could think of this as the last chapter :( but if it is, I did badly with the ending. I'm so sorry ;((

Still not sure if I'm gonna write an epilogue. If there's an update, it means I uploaded one, but if there's none, then this is really the end :(( Hope that I'll have the motivation to write one tho. :)

Anyways, thank you for taking time reading my fanfic! :") Thank you for the votes and the comments! Really really appreciate it! <3 

I hope I see you all again in my next fanfic!

xx