|| 04 ||

Hide and Seek

Jungkook’s

“It’s about you… and Joy.” RapMon hyung calmly said.

What about us? Did something happen to Joy?!

He unlocked his phone and put it in front of my face. I took the phone to see it more clearly and checked what’s going on.

“Heol~~ what the - ?!” is all I could say.

“You’re not, right?” He asked me, reassuring that I’m not dating anyone.

I truly understand Namjoon hyung if he’s against the idea of us, the members, dating. We’re idols; it’s our job and a fact. Of course, not all of our fans will like the thought of it. Especially, when we act all sweet and loving to our fans, but, it wasn’t all acts; we’re sincere about it and we truly cherish all of them.

But then, this feeling I have for Joy is different. It is something that I only feel for her. I did not ask for this, it was a sudden feeling that I felt and realized. Maybe during the time, I was talking to her, or when I was too mesmerized by her beauty, or maybe just an ordinary day and I thought of her. Who knows when? Even I don’t know. It just hit me like a lightning. That’s what love is, right?

“Of - ” I was about to answer when the other members barged into my room gossiping about the article. They kept on throwing different questions at the same time – asking me if it’s true or when did we start dating, how I confessed, etc. AND IT’S IS SERIOUSLY IRRITATING ME. And it’s early in the morning!! Who wouldn’t?

So, without much thought about it,

“Yes, it’s true. We’re dating.” I blurted out. With the most expressionless face, I could pull off.

And with that said, they stopped their commotion and looked at me with different expressions on their faces. I don’t pay much attention to it; I just want them to stop.

Well, Joy and I both know the truth, which is we’re not really dating, so there’s nothing to worry that much. I’m pretty sure Joy’s not bothered by this at all. Hella for sure, she’s just laughing over this.

I didn’t know that this would cause a much bigger commotion later on.

“So please, can you evacuate my room now, because I still want to continue my slumber.” I almost begged, showing how sleepy I am and how I am not bothered by that news. Well, I was, a bit.

Namjoon hyung motioned the members to go out and before he closed the door, he said:

“We’re going to talk about this again later when you’re fully awake.”

I woke up hours later, to realize that it is already afternoon. I checked my phone, and there was a message from Joy this morning.

“Jungkook-ah… I’m sorry…” the message says.

Wow~ why would she feel sorry for me? She shouldn’t. She did nothing wrong though. Or did the news bother her? Maybe I thought wrong of her. I guess I still have a lot of things that I don’t know about her.

I was about to reply to her message when someone called me, and guess who? It’s our one and only leader.

“Hello?”

“Jungkook-ah. Thank God you’re already awake!”

“Why? Where are you guys even?”

“We’re at the studio. Fix yourself and go here.

Manager’s already on his way to pick you up.”

“Okay?”

“We have a sudden schedule tonight if you’re curious.”

“Yeah, that answers my question. Thanks!”

“Sure, be careful on your way here.”

“Okay, bye!”

After the call, I put aside my phone – completely forgetting to reply to Joy – and take a fast bath and change clothes. Just right in time, I could hear someone’s unlocking the door, who’s probably our manager.

We practice for how many hours and finally going to the place where the event is being held. We were at the backstage, waiting for our group to be called. When the MCs mentioned our name, I could hear the loud cheers from the audience which made me smile and feel proud of our fans. I felt really sorry towards them because of the news this morning. I’m glad to see that they still cheer for us despite that.

We got up on stage and did our formation. We performed 3 of our song. The event was coming to its end and all the guests gather on the stage.

The hosts are now saying their last statements. After that, it’s time for us to go around the stage and greet our fans. I waved my hands and gave my best smile to our ARMYs as they waved back. I could hear some calling my name and I looked at them and greet them. They were saying something and I could not understand it because they were talking at the same time.

“What?” I asked them, almost shouting so they could hear me, but still with a smile on my face.

“CONGRATULATIONS!!” They shouted. Some of them with a smile on their face and some are crying, but still trying their best to put a smile on their faces.

I could not ask why they were congratulating me because I noticed that a staff is already telling us to go down the stage. So I just nod at them, a big smile on my face and waved goodbye.

We were in the car, on our way back to our dorm. Some are already sleeping and some are just using their phone. My body feels so tired but my mind doesn’t let me sleep. So, I just turn on the small television that is placed in the center in front of me. I browse through the channels and stop when something caught my attention. It was entertainment news and what they’re reporting right now is something I totally did not expect!

“Hyung! What is this? Why did I not know about this?” I asked our manager, who’s driving right now, panicking about this mess that I did not know I’ve made.

“What are you saying? Namjoon told me that you said that you’re really dating so I just passed the message on the management.”

“I did?! When --” I didn’t get to finish what I was going to say when the answer gradually popped in my head, like a flashback.

“Sh-t!” I whispered under my breath.

WHAT DID I JUST DO?! HOW WILL I EXPLAIN THIS TO JOY?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!! I'm very very very sorry for updating this late :( I hope you still enjoy this chapter. ^^ tho, this is just the point of view of Jungkook in the story. :(

Thanks for reading and subscribing! <3