|| 05 ||

Hide and Seek

The next day is just another day for an event for both Red Velvet and BTS. And speaking of the event, they are attending the same event this day which means they will meet for sure. Because of this, Joy feels nervous just with the thought of seeing Jungkook, which is strange because she’s not at fault and she’s the one needing an explanation from Jungkook.

As for Jungkook, the only thing in his mind right now is how he will explain the mistake he made to Joy and how nervous he is because he doesn’t know what Joy feels about all of this as he did not receive any message from her, which is weird.

It is early in the morning and the artists for the events are already in the venue for the rehearsals. Red Velvet is now on stage for their rehearsal; they will be performing 2 of their hit songs.

Joy’s

“You’ve worked hard!” We bowed and said to the staffs just right after the music ended. We were going backstage when I turned around; I actually caught familiar eyes looking at mine. I was taken aback. It feels like we’ve not seen each other for a long time when the truth is it’s just been days.

“You’ve worked hard!” I said to him when I got a hold of myself, and the other members beside him and bowed. It seems like he has something to say but kept it in. So, I just bowed again then walk past them.

I did not notice that I was fast walking to our waiting room when someone grabs me by my elbow.

“Hey! Is someone following you?” The girl with a familiar voice asked me.

I turned around to see, it is my friend, Yerin.

“Yerin!!!!” I hugged her. “I missed you!”

“I missed you, too! And it seems like I’ve also missed a lot of happenings.” She said, obviously teasing me.

“Well, it seems like it. But, I’ll tell you all of it when I already fix the situation. It’s still kind of complicated. This is just all too sudden that I don’t know what to do.” I confessed to her.

“Complicated? How come? Are you in a fight with Jungkook?”

“No, it’s not like that. Or maybe, it’s kind of like that. We haven’t really talked to each other after the news came out. So, I did not know how to approach him.” I don’t know if I should tell her that we’re not really dating.

Well, as for the members and my manager, I apologized to them for lying that we’re not dating, when in fact we were. Though, the truth is really the other way around. It’s because that BigHit already released the statement so there’s no way to take it back. So I thought that it’s for the better to just follow them.

Before Yerin could say anything, I could see my manager walking towards us.

“Hey, I think I need to go. There’s our manager.” I pointed to her back.

“Yeah, I think I also got to go. Message me, okay?” “Okay.” We hugged and went to our respective rooms.

We are now in our outfits and our stylists are fixing our hair and make-up. The show just started and we’re still far from the line-up.

“Hey, we should start greeting our seniors,” Irene said to us whilst standing up.

We started from the nearest room where a senior is to the farthest in our room. There are just a few seniors in here since a lot of rookies are present in the event. We greeted SNSD, EXO, BAP, B1A4, and VIXX. And now, we’re down to one last group, the one I wanted to avoid the most right now – BTS.

Irene was about to knock on their door when she stopped and looked at me. “Hey Joy, do you want to knock? It’s your boyfriend’s room anyway.” She said as she teased me, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

“Oh come on, Unnie!” And I sighed as the others laughed at my reaction.

“Just kidding! I just noticed that you’re nervous that’s why.” I nod and smiled at her as a way of thanking her.

And there, she knocks. “Who is it?” someone asks from inside.

“It’s Red Velvet.” Not too long, someone opened the door and it turns out it is Namjoon oppa. He opened the door wide and let us in.

We positioned ourselves in front of them and in chorus we said, “Hi! We are Red Velvet! Please take care of us well!” and bowed. They return the bow and now, it’s kind of awkward, adding up the fact that one member of each group is dating one another.

There are no staffs inside the room, which is strangely wrong timing, and we don’t know if we should leave now or should we say something else. While all of this is running through my mind, I looked to where my “boyfriend” is, and there I see him also looking at me.

I gave him a sign through my eyes that means “do something!” and before he could think of anything, Taehyung oppa broke the silence.

“Joyieeee~~” He called me while walking to me. “Why didn’t you say anything to me about you and Jungkook?” He said looking sad and pout.

“Oh? Sorry, it kind of happened so suddenly,” I purposely emphasized those words while giving a glare to Jungkook who just avoided my eyes.

“Anyways, congrats to the both of you.” He said, looking to me and to Jungkook.

“Thank you, oppa! See you later.” I said and smiled at him.

I looked around to see that the other members of Bangtan are now in their own world. I looked at Irene, giving her a nod that we should now go. And she gets it fast and said, “Sunbae-nim, we’ll leave now. Sorry for the disturbance. Thank you!” We bowed and walked outside in a line.

I was the last one in line and before I completely outside, I glanced to Jungkook again and our eyes met. I was contemplating if we should talk now, or just after the event. But it’s frustrating me that I don’t think I can wait for that long. With that, I gained my courage to call him.

I stopped by the door, standing.

“Jungkook,” I said calmly, enough for him to hear. But it seems that the silence in the room makes it like I shouted his name because now, it’s not only Jungkook who’s looking at me but also the other BTS members.

I felt embarrassed that I thought of just running away. But no, my feet won’t listen to me. It’s glued on the ground. I looked at again to Jungkook and just continue to what I was about to say.

“Can we talk for a bit?”

“Here?” He asked as he looked at s.

“No, I don’t want to bother the others. The fire exit, next to this room.” I said and stepped outside. And there, my members are waiting for me.

“Sorry, but you can go first to our room. I’ll follow later.” They did not ask any questions and just nod. “Thank you.” I smiled.

I sat on the stairs as I wait for Jungkook. I just hope that no one uses this for a while.

After a minute, the door opens, revealing the ever so handsome Jungkook. If I’m an emoji, I am probably the one with the heart eyes. His beauty, no, his mere presence makes my heart beat like crazy. I wish I could stop time, cherishing the moment with just the two of us. I knew I was falling for him. But I never knew I’ll fall deeper.

I wonder if he knew what I’m thinking. Does he see it in my eyes? Can he feel the emotions and the feeling I’ve been trying to hide? I wish he did because words are too hard for me to explain all this.

But he will never, I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Sorry for the super late update!~ ;( 

Hope you like this one tho. <3

Thank you for subscribing! and waiting! ^^

xx