Silence Hints Fear and Hope

Pledis Girls (are) High

“As for the sports groups they will be occupying the field. Rugby will be taking the first half of it and cheer-leading the second half. There are special arrangements for the swim team, who will be using…”

 

As soon as no one was looking her way Kyungwon snuck out of the school hall. The councillors were having a briefing while the freshmen were out for lunch and the After School Clubs (ACS) were busying setting up their booths to trick convince the freshies into joining them. Half an hour into Nayoung’s speech she was already bored out of her mind. Nayoung was by no means a bad presenter but after working all over break to plan out the Freshies’ Initiation Camp (a mere excuse to skip the first couple days of lessons, really) she had more or less already memorised the itinerary.

Kyungwon skipped down the hallway towards the music rooms. Maybe she’ll find a way to sneak some of her juniors out to grab lunch with her. The sooner she stepped closer, the clearer she could make out the Performing Arts Crew and Management aka. PAC-MAN’s president’s booming voice.

 

“Alright, any violent objections? If so speak now or forever hold your peace!”

 

Eunwoo’s passionate question caused a loud cheer of approval.

 

“Right! So it’s settled! We’re so going to get the most Freshies this year! Meeting the end-ue! We go!”

 

Another round of cheers erupted along with the dragging of chairs being pushed back. Kyungwon quickly slipped into the room as enthusiastic PAC-MAN members filed out of the room rushing for lunch. Moments later, the room was left with only a few members and Kyungwon. Amongst the people lying around she caught the three same aged Year 3 friends, aka. school band members, whispering and laughing around, the only second year, on the other hand, was missing her usual sunshine-like smile and was pouting instead. Kyungwon stared suspiciously at Eunwoo who was rubbing her hands together and oddly grinning more like a Cheshire cat than a Shiba Inu.

 

“What’s up y’all? Eunwoo will you stop that, you look like you’re plotting an evil scheme.”

“Not an evil plan unnie, it’s a brilliant plan!”

“Kyungwon unnie save me! The three of them are planning to sell me off!”

 

Kyungwon swiftly caught the teary-eyed Yewon who had flung herself at Kyungwon as soon as she entered. The younger girl grabbed Kyungwon’s blazer and shot an absolutely eye-blindingly tear-wrenching smile right into her eyes. At the sight of Yewon’s tears, Kyungwon immediately wrapped a comforting arm around her tiny frame and looked up to glare at the three troublemakers. She shook an angry fist at them.

 

“How dare you three make Yewonie cry?? Do y’all want a taste of my fist?”

 

Yebin, Eunwoo and Jieqiong started and looked like a herd of deer caught in headlights.

 

“It was Nunu who came up with it!”

“You big fat liar Juju! It was Binnie!”

“Like hell it was me! Juju brought it up!”

“No, no, no, it was Nunu, I say, Nunu!”

“Juju!”

“Nunu!”

“Juju!”

“Nunu!”

 

While Eunwoo and Jieqiong got carried away by their childish argument (yet again), Kyungwon turned to Yebin and Yewon,

 

“So, what happened?

 

Yewon pouted again and hid her face in Kyungwon’s shoulder, Yebin coughed to hide her laugh,

 

“So uh basically we were desperately brainstorming ideas to get the most freshmen to join us this year and then Jieqiong came up with the idea of having a mini competition slash audition! We can create attention, attract new members and sieve out the talented ones among the freshies! Good idea, huh? But of course we couldn’t do it without a reward to motivate people to join so Eunwoo proposed the idea of guaranteeing a date with one of the PAC-MAN. We put all our names into a random hat we found in the room and Yewon’s name got picked so yeah uh.”

 

Yebin ended her fast-paced, lengthy explanation with a swaggy pose as if she just rapped a long verse (which she basically just did). Eunwoo and Jieqiong finally quietened down to let Kyungwon absorb the impromptu and absurd-sounding idea Yebin had just voiced out. Organise a mini competition with a date with Yewon as a prize? Where on earth do they come up with these ideas? Yewon pouted and tugged at her blazer, looking like a toddler asking for candy and effectively melting Kyungwon’s heart intoa puddle.

 

“Kyungwon unnie, say something please! Tell them to stop!”

 

Kyungwon adjusted herself so she was holding the pouting girl’s shoulders securely at half an arm’s length, making sure that she had her full attention. The room was filled with silence as Yewon waited with hope and anticipating eyes while the three troublemakers waited with fear and bated breath. She fixed Yewon’s messy fringe for a moment before smiling warmly at her.

 

“Yewon-ah, I only have one thing to say about this.”

“Hmm?”

“Where do I sign up?”

"Unnie-!"

 

Yewon’s indignant squeal of protest and half-hearted smacks of Kyungwong's shoulder was once again drowned out by horse-like cackles along with hysterical laughter and cheering from the three Year 3 students. Oh, today is going to be interesting for sure.

_____________________________________

Hi all! 2won isn't really a popular ship but they're like the cutest! Just imagine Kyungwon side-hugging Yewon, almost smothering her in her big plaid jacket but Yewon still beaming at her with the brightest smile :DDDDD Anyways as the story progresses I find myself writing a lot of couples that weren't in the original plan lol, please bear in mind that the stories are all (kinda) loosely connected so some parts might add up while others are off-tangent XD Also I'm having a bit of problems with the next chapter so please wait patiently! Till then!

 

P.S. Just asking, would y'all prefer kylaxsiyeon or kylaxeunwoo? Siyeon and Kyla's chapter is already half-way done but I'm considering making it Eunwoo and Kyla instead lol