Cookies Mean Luck and Peace

Pledis Girls (are) High

Nayoung strolled through the front gates, silently appreciating the calm atmosphere it had before students came bursting in. It’s her last year in Pledis High and by all rights everything should get by smoothly. She secured 2 scholarships so far (not to her first choice University but she’ll worry about that later), is serving her final year as Council President (last one!) and already formed her Finals studying group (Jihyo, Irene and Hana). As she turned into the hallway leading to the council room she sighed in contentment. In such perfect weather, what could possibly go wrong?

 

“KANG KYUNGWONNNNNNNNN!”

 

Minkyung, her (usually) reliable Vice President, came thundering down the almost empty hallway, wet hair flopping behind. Her normally calm eyes were burning with rage, fixed on the girl sprinting for dear life in front of her with water-bottle in hand. ‘Kang Kyungwon’, more commonly known as simply Kyungwon, giggled hysterically as she zoomed past,

 

“Catch me if you can, Minky! What’s up Prez!”

 

            Nayoung barely had time to open in an attempt to answer before Minkyung came hurtling past, narrowly avoiding giving Nayoung a resounding slap on the face with wet hair.

 

“COME BACK HERE KYUNGWON YOU DISGUSTING PIECE OF – “

 

            The rest of Minkyung’s curses and swearing was covered by taunting hollering from mentioned girl and their fading voices after turning the next corner. Nayoung sighed again. She regrets speaking so soon.

 

 

            Nayoung reached for the council room keys that were always placed safely inside her messenger bag and unlocked the door, flipping the sign hanging outside to ‘Busy’. She promptly placed her bag onto her personal table and made herself a cup of strong black coffee from the mini pantry that the two Kyungs had managed to beg  convince her to set up. Although she’d never admit it out loud, she was secretly grateful to them for coming up with the brilliant idea of having a mini pantry in the room. There were only so many cups of coffee she could buy from the cafeteria before it closed, leaving her to suffer through nights of planning school trips without a  much-needed coffee boost.

Now if only they could keep to coming up with brilliant ideas instead of badly thought-through pranks. What makes Kyungwon think that screeching through the hallways with a water gun in hand would leave a good impression on people? At least there aren’t any other students around at this time-

 

“Knock knock!”

 

            Nayoung sighed again. Kyungwon would never knock and Minkyung has her own keys so this must be some random student. She should really stop speaking so soon. Reaching for the door knob, she maintained a neutral face and swung the door open.

 

“Hi Nayoung unnie! It’s a great day, isn’t it? I baked you some cookies to start off the year!”

 

She blinked as the almost visible positive energy radiating off the bright girl in front almost blinded her. She was carrying a mini wicket basket wrapped neatly with pink ribbons.

 

“Err… thank you Kyulkyung-sshi… what kind of cookies are these?”

 

Kyulkyung beamed another brilliant smile at her.

 

“These are Chinese fortune cookies unnie, they’re meant to bring good luck! And I’ve already said you don’t have to call me by my officially registered name, Jieqiong is fine!”

“Thank you for the cookies, Jieqiong-sshi, I’ll eat them well.”

 

            Kyulkyung, also known by her Chinese name Jieqiong, also known as the junior that has had a crush on Nayoung since she first entered the school, handed over the intricately wrapped present, their hands brushing lightly. Judging from the looks of the oddly shaped cookies, they were definitely homemade.

 

“I-I’ll be going off now unnie! Fighting!”

 

Nayoung barely had time to open in an attempt to answer before Jieqiong bowed slightly and dashed off, a light pink dusting her cheeks.

 

“我做到了!她接受了我的礼物!这是太棒了-

 

The rest of Jieqiong’s cheers and screams were covered by excited shouts from some other girls (was that Eunwoo and Yebin?) and her fading voice after turning the next corner. A tiny smile finally creeped on her face. Maybe this year isn’t going to be all that bad after all.

 

___________________________________________________________________

First part up featuring some 2kyung and Napink! I love everyone with everyone so the chapters (or shots) will probably hint at other couples~ I’ll be using their given names for the most part. For those who aren’t sure Jieqiong shouted ‘I did it! She accepted my gift! This is great-’

Thanks for reading this *hides face* feel free to comment or anything!)