Doors Equal Names and Rudolph

Pledis Girls (are) High

Siyeon sighed while getting off the bike. She ruffled her jet-black hair and picked up the discarded jacket from where it was casually tossed behind her. It seemed to her that the break had just started and before she could blink it was over again. Furthermore, she has to start all over again at a new school. A new school means lesser connections, lesser hideouts, lesser skipping lessons unannounced and perhaps most irritatingly, lesser juniors to tease (for now). She swung her backpack onto a shoulder and lazily trudged up the school steps.

 

            It seemed that she was on time for school (for once) so she decided to check out the hellhole that she would be stuck in for the next few years. She slung the creased blazer onto the shoulder unoccupied by her bag strap and softly whistled a random tune while exploring the topmost floor. It was relatively quiet around and she didn’t see anyone around until she chanced upon an oddly official looking wooden door that had a ‘Busy’ sign hanging on it. Tilting up, she read the bigger sign written in bold black paint- ‘Council Office’. She grinned and pushed the door open with all her strength…

 

“What’s up Nana unn-”

 

….right into a redhead who stumbled unsteadily backwards before falling squarely on her on the floor with a painful thud.

 

Oops.

 

            Siyeon stared at the redhead who was still sitting on the floor. She was rubbing her sore nose (that Siyeon whacked with a wooden door), the other hand still gripping tightly onto a over-sized wool sweater. Slowly but surely, her nose started to take on a reddish hue that matched her brilliantly dyed hair. Staring at the sight of Rudolph seemingly making an appearance while trying to rub her sore and nose, Siyeon doubled over in laughter.

 

“Haha haha! Hell you’re hilarious! Oh ret ra!”

 

She pretended to wipe away an imaginary tear while Minkyung brought down her hand and proceeded to glare at her from where she was still sitting on the floor.

 

“Hello? You just hit me and you’re laughing at me? Where are your manners brat?!”

“I think I left them at home, mind lending me some?”

“Urghhh… You... Aren’t you going to help me up?”

 

Despite still bubbling laughter, Siyeon extended a gracious hand to help Minkyung up.

 

“Of course I’ll help you up, can’t leave a pretty lady on the floor can I?”

 

Minkyung rolled her eyes at the other girl’s wink,

 

“So you’re saying you’re helping me up just because you think I’m pretty?”

“No I’m saying I helped you up so I can stare at your pretty face sooner.”

“… Really? Seriously?”

“Oh yes, I helped you really because you have a seriously pretty face.”

“Do you have to put it that way…?”

 

Minkyung drifted out as she suddenly realised that she didn’t know the name of the black haired girl who was still holding onto her hand. Siyeon shot her a cheesy eye smile that she grudgingly found rather cute.

 

“Don’t know my name? How bout I tell you mine if you tell me yours, pretty?”

 

Siyeon chuckled and swung their connected hands back and forth while singing her answer in an annoying childish way.

 

“It’s not like I asked anyways,”

 

She huffed and pulled her hands away to cross them across her chest.

 

­“Even though I am the Council Vice-Prez, I don’t need to know the names of everyone in this school.”

“Ah, so you’re Minkyung, am I right? Class 3-A?”

“How did you-”

“Ringgggggggggg!”

 

Minkyung’s flabbergasted question was cut short by the timely ringing of the school bell. Siyeon glanced at her watch before stepping backwards into the corridor, away from where Minkyung was staring open-mouthed at her.

 

“How did I know your name? Maybe I’ll tell you next time. See you at assembly Minky!”

 

Blowing a teasing kiss and flashing another of her eye smiles, Siyeon simply turned away and disappeared down the stairs. Minkyung stood just where she was lost in thought until a hand waved in front of her face.

 

“Coming for assembly, other Kyung? We’re going to be late you know, Nayoung unnie is going to have our heads- what happened to your nose?”

 

Kyungwon looked at her weirdly again before grabbing her wrist and turning down the same hallway the blackhead had disappeared down moments ago. Minkyung silently wonders whether she should buy some protective gear for the year to come.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all! A huge thank you to the people who upvoted, commented, subscribed and read! Y'all are the best!

Just wanted to mention that some of you have probably noticed that I reference a lot to their shows (especially VLives) and snuck some stuff in (their nicknames, Siyeon's surprised reaction, Yebin's eating habits etc.) Please don't hesitate to ask if you're not sure or unclear about anything! I'll try my best to answer!

Till next time! *rolls up and away*