First Babysitting

The Adventures Of Wolf Pup Sehun

“Here’s his bed of furs, his favorite stuffed dog named Vivi, and his carrier just in case you guys need to leave with him for any reason.  Sehun’s bedtime is at 8:30 p.m. sharp.  Absolutely no roughhousing or playing right before bed.  He tends to get riled up easily and I don’t want him to be cranky in the morning.  Hmm, what else am I missing?  Oh, and if he has to use the bathroom, he’ll always start whining, and he almost always makes it outside without an accident.  If he doesn’t make it for any reason---,“Junmyeon rambled on as he rattled off a list of things that he had brought over to Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s den before being cut off by Chanyeol clearing his throat.

 

“Don’t worry, Junmyeon hyung.  We won’t mind a five-month-old pup for accidentally doing his business inside.  These floors can easily be smoothed over with more dirt.  Baekkie and I have got this.  Besides, Sehun seems well behaved.  We shouldn’t have any problems,” Chanyeol confidently said as he flashed a toothy grin at his shorter mate.

 

“This will be good practice for when Yeollie and I finally have our own pup to call our own,” Baekhyun said, a bit of longing evident in his voice as he gave Chanyeol a small smile of his own.

 

“I know,” Junmyeon sighed.  “It’s just that I’ve only let Sehun out of my sight for sleepovers here only twice before, and remember the first time?  He cried at several points during the night and you guys had to bring him back in the middle of the night.  Now Yixing wants to bring me out to dinner in the city at some fancy Italian place and then spend a night at a hotel.  I have no clue why.”

 

“I think it’s precious.  Your mate just wants to do something special for you since the two of you haven’t exactly had any alone time since Sehun was born.  Think of it as a much needed night of relaxation and needed y times,” Baekhyun added cheekily.  “Also, the second time Sehun slept over, he was completely fine.  He obviously has become more relaxed and staying here.”

 

“Alright.  I guess I should be thankful to Yixing and hopeful that tonight will be alright for Sehun,” Junmyeon said but quickly frowned in sudden realization about something.  “Oh no.”

 

“It’s about Jongin,” Junmyeon said quietly and spoke quickly as he sensed Yixing coming closer to the couple’s den with Sehun in tow.  “I’m okay with Jongin hanging out with Sehun, but Yixing will freak out if he finds that Sehun played with him.  So just keep the alpha away from Sehun.  Or just give Sehun a really good bath so Jongin’s scent disappears from his fur, alright?”

 

“No problem.  But you know, you should probably tell Yixing that Jongin won’t do anything to Sehun.  He just wants to play with another puppy like himself,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Just set up a playdate with the two of them in the forest.  That way Yixing will see how nicely Jongin is being raised by Minseok and Jongdae,” Chanyeol said as he saw Junmyeon’s eyebrows raise in understanding. 

 

“Of course!  Why didn’t think of that?  I’ll ask Yixing tonight, and it’ll seem like Jongdae and Minseok just want to properly get Sehun acclimated to another pup in a neutral setting,” Junmyeon said.  “Excellent idea.”

 

What’s an excellent idea?” Yixing asked as he came into the den with Sehun rushing in on his small legs, excited to be back with his favorite adults.

 

The pup rushed over, jumping up and down on his tiny legs and repeating ‘Chanyer!’ and ‘Baekhoo!’ through the bond (because their names were just too difficult for the pup to say at the current moment) before being picked up by Chanyeol.  Sehun rapidly wherever he could reach on Chanyeol’s face before squirming out of his hold.  The pup then rushed to the Baekhyun and pawed at the omega’s legs.

 

Hold,” Sehun said through the pack bond as he stared up at Baekhyun with his puppy eyes.

 

Of course, Baekhyun allowed this and again, the tiny puppy kisses continued.  As Sehun greeted the two of them, his parents smiled softly at the sight.  However, Yixing suddenly remembered what he had asked Junmyeon before and turned back to his mate to inquire about what was such a good idea.

 

“Oh, it was just Baekhyun suggesting that he place Sehun’s bed of furs next to them so he could snuggle up to them if he wanted to,” Junmyeon said, thinking quickly on his feet.  He didn’t want to admit that he was trying to get his son with the very alpha pup that Yixing disliked.  This answer satisfied the alpha.

 

“Sounds good.  Hey, we should get going.  Jonghyun will be meeting us in an hour and a half and we each have a suitcase each,” Yixing said as he saw Sehun settle down and walk back towards his parents.

 

“Have fun, you guys.  Just don’t have another pup just yet,” Baekhyun joked as the adults all went to the mouth of the den.

 

Yixing suddenly tapped Chanyeol on the back, wanting to speak with the alpha.

 

“Please take good care of my son,” Yixing said with strong emotion in his voice as Chanyeol assured him with a heavy hand on the other alpha’s shoulder.

 

Junmyeon softly Sehun’s back and Yixing gave his son a chaste kiss to his muzzle before saying their last goodbyes to their small white pup and slowly exiting Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s den. 

 

Sehun followed after his parents, and seemed to understand that his parents were leaving for a little bit.  His parents gave a final wave and turned to leave through the forest with their rolling duffel bags.  The pup looked on with a small frown upon his muzzle.

 

Sensing the pup’s slight discomfort at his parents’ absence, Chanyeol scooped the pup up and kissed him on the top of his head.  He also emitted his soothing alpha pheromones to further calm the nervous Sehun.  Baekhyun looked on in fondness as he saw how his mate was a natural with Sehun and how he wanted to give Chanyeol a pup they could call their very own.

 

Sehun wriggled out of Chanyeol’s hold after a little more petting and plopped his little puppy down onto the ground, looking up at the two of them expectantly.  His appa and daddy were going to be gone for a while, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun surely would be fun to be with, right?  They took care of him well and played fun games the last two times he stayed over.

 

“Hold on, Sehunnie.  We need to clean up a little, and then we’ll go outside and play before supper, alright?”  Baekhyun said, patting the pup’s head softly.

 

The omega retrieved Sehun’s beloved stuffed toy dog from Sehun’s bed.  Spotting his favorite toy in the world, the pup’s tail started wagging and mumblings of “Vivi” could be heard being excitedly repeated through the pack’s general bond.  Slowly, Baekhyun set the stuffed animal down, and Sehun immediately began playing.  He barked at it and picked it up and down before going underneath the toy and putting it onto his back before slowing walking around with a happy grin upon his face.

 

Satisfied that Sehun was properly preoccupied, Chanyeol and Baekhyun cleaned up their den, occasionally maneuvering around Sehun who was now dragging Vivi around to show his toy the surroundings, from the logs in the corner to the reserves of dried meats and herbs in another, and finally back to his bed of furs.

 

After a short while, the couple’s den was looking much neater and organized.  Both of the werewolves decided to indulge Sehun and get some much needed exercise.  Quickly stripping themselves of their clothes, the two shifted into their wolf forms, with Chanyeol a strongly muscled chocolate brown furred wolf and Baekhyun a lean but still well-toned golden tan furred one.

 

Chanyeol motioned for Sehun to follow them outside.  The white pup yipped with glee and placed Vivi down onto his bed before trotting on over to his two favorite adults in the pack with a happy skip in his step.  Once outside, the three of them ambled through the center of the territory, noticing certain things like Yifan’s persistent flirting with Kyungsoo and Jongdae helping Jongin learn how to hunt small things (like the already dead rabbit carcass in front of them being used for instructional purposes) with the support of Minseok.

 

Careful to avoid talking with any of the pack members for too long so Sehun could get his energy exerted before dinnertime, he guided them into the forest to a clearing full of things for the pup to chew on or roll around in.  The pup would have a good time indeed.

 

Sehun quickly dug his paws into the rich soil, and continued to dig as far down as he could, making a decent sized hole.  The pup had developed an interest in digging since he wasn’t allowed to dig on the main territory and had seen his daddy do it several times as well.  When it was sufficient deep enough, Sehun hopped in, and barked out to Chanyeol and Baekhyun to capture their attention which had wandered to each other each other’s muzzles.

 

The two werewolves both stared at the pup who had actually dug a sizeable hole to the point that Sehun could crouch into it and not be easily seen (except for his quickly waggling tail).

 

Good job, Sehun.  We’re very proud of you!, Baekhyun said to Sehun through the bond.  He walked over to Sehun and grinning down at the pup who was now starting at something in the distance in the opposite direction and attempting to get out of the hole (but cutely failing).

 

Sensing Sehun’s struggle, Chanyeol quickly placed his muzzle onto Sehun’s hind end and slowly pushed the pup out of the hole just enough so that the pup had enough leverage to easily escape.  Once the white puppy was back on solid ground, he dashed away from Chanyeol and Baekhyun and towards the thatch of red berries near the edge of the clearing.  However, Baekhyun saw the distinctive pattern on the berries and was immediately on high alert.  With a gasp, the omega was dashing over to the pup just as Sehun was about to take a berry into his mouth.

 

NO, Baekhyun basically shouted through the bond, startling Chanyeol who had very rarely heard his mate scream like that and the pup was equally as surprised.

 

Baekhyun carefully knocked Sehun to his side, physically putting space between the pup and the offending poison berries.  Chanyeol rushed over to make sure his mate was okay, and then moved onto Sehun.  The white pup was frightened and shaking, as if he knew that he did something wrong.  He let out pitiful whines, and his ears were set flat against his head.

 

This is something that is not for eating, Chanyeol said sternly as he motioned towards the berries and Baekhyun shook his head at the bushels of berries to further get their point across to the little pup.

 

Sehun’s ears went back up in curiosity, and turned back to meet Chanyeol’s gaze.

 

No eat?, Sehun asked.

 

No eating, Baekhyun confirmed.  Armed with this news, the pup nodded his head slowly in understanding. 

 

Wanting to lift everyone’s spirits again, Chanyeol led the two omegas to a place where there were a bunch of branches on the ground.  Taking the side of a small one in his mouth, he motioned for Baekhyun to demonstrate what he wanted to do with Sehun.

 

Understanding what his mate wanted to do, Baekhyun took the other end of the branch in his jaw and began to play growl at Chanyeol while playing a simulated game of tug of war.  Sehun immediately hopped up and down on his spot, wanting so very much to play this new game.

 

Chanyeol let go of his end and let Sehun try this activity out.  The white pup clumsily got his small mouth around the branch and growled at Baekhyun, who pretended to have a good deal of trouble at Sehun trying to pull the branch in his direction.  After about a minute, Baekhyun let go in mock defeat, much to the pup’s delight.  Sehun placed the branch down and ran up to Chanyeol in happiness before going back to the branch and motioning for Baekhyun to do the same. 

 

This time Baekhyun actually tried and won easily.  Sehun was still excited and wanted to play with the alpha now, barking at Chanyeol.  The alpha acquiesced and played with Sehun as well, letting the pup win and then actually using his strength as well to win as well. 

 

The tug of war game with Sehun was a great success.  However, now Sehun was tired.  He nudged one of Chanyeol’s big paws and looked up at the alpha with big eyes.

 

Sleepy, Sehun said simply.

 

Chanyeol crouched down to the ground and at the pup’s muzzle, and Baekhyun did the same after his mate was done.  The three laid on their backs, glancing up at the now setting sun breaking through the tops of the trees and resting for ten minutes before the two adults sensed the presence of another alpha nearby.

 

Going back onto all fours, Baekhyun and Chanyeol soon came face to face with a big black wolf that they recognized quickly as head alpha Kris.

 

Hey, guys.  Dinner’s almost ready, and Kyungsoo wanted me to tell you guys so you all could have ample time to head back.  It’s so considerate of him, always thinking of others, Yifan added on through the bond as he thought about how thoughtful and caring the beta truly was.

 

Hehe Kris.  It seems that you’ve been bitten by the love bug, Baekhyun said smugly before motioning for Sehun to get up and follow them back.

 

What?  N-no.  He’s just nice, that’s all, Kris stuttered as he greeted Sehun who was now walking underneath him.

 

Oh ho.  Lookie here.  Our head alpha will finally have a mate to call his own, Chanyeol chimed in as Kris began speed walking ahead of them.

 

Anyways, how was your afternoon with Sehun?  I see that Sehun is covered in some dirt, Yifan said quickly, trying to change the subject and ultimately succeeding.

 

Oh, right, we played some fun games and let Sehun dig to his heart’s content, Baekhyun said as the adult werewolves noted that the center of the territory in their sights and slowed their walking to a trot.

 

Very good.  Being active is an important activity for a pup, Yifan said as he watched Sehun weave in between Chanyeol’s long legs.

 

The four werewolves finally made it to the center of the territory, and Yifan gave Sehun a quick head pat before going to his den to quickly shift back to a human.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol similarly brought Sehun back to their den so that they could do the same.  After dressing in some clothing to protect their modesty, the three of them returned to the pack for the evening meal. 

 

At the start of dinner, the couple got three plates of food, with Sehun’s consisting of smaller cuts of meats and vegetables for him.  However, once they set his plate down in front of the pup and began eating, they both noticed that Sehun took (or tried to take) a bite of the tasty deer in front of him but could not properly rip off a piece.

 

The white pup whined a little before looking up at both Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

Help, Sehun said through the pack bond.

 

Oh goodness, how did we forget to help Sehunnie?,” Baekhyun mumbled as he set down his own plate and moved over to rip out the meat into small shreds as well as ripping the leafy greens into bite size pieces so the pup could easily eat his meal.

 

Once done, Sehun let out a small bark of appreciation as he moved to start eating.  Chanyeol gave his mate a small smile as Baekhyun returned to sit next to him again.

 

Sehun was finishing up his meal when another high-pitched bark resounded from behind him.  Sehun turned around, seeing his friend Jongin here, evidently done with his meal and wanting to play with his friend.

 

Jongie, Sehun said through the bond excitedly as he tilted his head to the side and showed off his teeth and wagged his tail, the pup’s energy replenished from dinner. 

 

Play, Jongin replied simply as he motioned the other pup to follow him, and Sehun looked back at Chanyeol and Baekhyun for permission.

 

Once he got a quick nod and verbal confirmation from Baekhyun as well as mutterings of “I guess it’s okay” from Chanyeol and slow nodding at the pup as well, Sehun practically jumped for joy and rushed over to Jongin.

 

With Minseok’s supervision, the two pups played a simulated version of tug of war using a stick that Sehun had found.  The omega puppy quickly taught Jongin how to play the game with his actions.  The alpha pup quickly caught on, and they both played with each other as Baekhyun and Chanyeol helped the rest of the pack clean up everything that was necessary.

 

After playing the fun game, the two of them play fought a little, rolling around on the soft ground.  Finally, when they got tired, they simply laid on their backs looking up at the twinkling stars against the navy blue sky.  Minseok cooed at the site, and pointed out how cute both Sehun and Jongin looked to Jongdae when the beta returned with two small dishes of berries for both Sehun and Jongin.

 

“What do we say?,” Jongdae said before setting the fruit down in front of the pups.

 

Th- Thank you, Jongin responded perfectly as he had practiced how to pronounce it with his daddies before. 

 

The white puppy had heard that phrase before since his daddy and appa had been trying to teach him to say it after giving him things as well.  Sehun could do this.

 

Th- Thunk ou, Sehun said as Jongdae beamed at both his son and the other pup before praising them and giving them their dessert.

 

As Sehun and Jongin finished their fruit, Baekhyun and Chanyeol returned from the stream to see how Sehun was doing with Jongin.  The alpha had been hoping and praying that Jongin wouldn’t do anything too crazy with Sehun.  Chanyeol had made a promise to Yixing that Sehun would be kept safe and he wanted to keep it. 

 

The couple breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that Sehun was just finishing up some berries next to Jongin before having his muzzle clean of stray berry juice with quick swipes from Jongin’s tongue.  Sehun scrunched his eyes shut and made appreciative whines before Jongin’s muzzle as well in return. 

 

By this time, the rest of the pack had come back and were openly “Awing” and Oohing” as they witnessed the cute action.

 

After this showing of affection, Baekhyun went to scoop up Sehun.

 

“Bath time for you, Sehunnie,” Baekhyun said as the pup snuggled further into his arms, knowing exactly what was to come next.  The feeling of being completely drenched wasn’t particularly fun, but he knew that he had to endure it every day with his appa and daddy, so he didn’t even try to fight it.

 

 Jongin barked out a goodbye to his friend and Sehun turned back towards the chocolate pup and returned the farewell before turning back.  Chanyeol followed his mate as they made their way to the stream.

 

Bathing Sehun carefully to avoid getting any water in the pup’s eyes, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol scrubbed Sehun from the tips of his ears down to his paws to get the day’s dirt and grime off.  Sehun relished the feeling of soft hands rubbing through his fur, and allowed the couple to wash him up.

 

After Sehun was all freshened up, Chanyeol bathed next while Baekhyun dried Sehun up as well as kept an eye on Sehun to prevent him from wandering away.  Only a bird chirping in the tree near them and a chattering squirrel dashing around behind them had Baekhyun him holding the pup back from running towards the object of his curiosity.

 

Similarly, Baekhyun washed himself as Chanyeol held Sehun in his arms, rocking him softly to sleep.  As Baekhyun finished drying himself off before going back to his alpha, Chanyeol held a finger to his lips and slowly got up off of the forest floor.  Making their way back to their den in a few minutes and placing Sehun into his bed, the two watched the pup cuddle into the furs.

 

However, just as Chanyeol and Baekhyun gave him tender goodnight kisses on the top of his head and brushes down his back, the white puppy awoke with a start.  Sehun got out of his bed and rubbed his nose.

 

“What is it, Sehunnie? Is your nose itchy?,” Chanyeol asked, softly scratching the pup’s nose with his fingers before Sehun whined a little louder.  That was evidently not what Sehun had wanted.

 

“I think he wants a nose rub,” Baekhyun said as he brought his nose up to Sehun’s and rubbed the pup’s nose.  Sehun barked softly in happiness and Baekhyun’s cheek before going up to Chanyeol and doing the same. 

 

Content with his goodnight nuzzle, Sehun returned to his bed and nestled himself deeply into the furs.  The pup quickly fell asleep not even five minutes later, his even breathing reassuring to the couple who was currently laying a few feet away in their own bed.

 

“That was fun,” Chanyeol said softly as he hugged his mate from behind.

 

“Yeah.  It was a lot of work keeping Sehun entertained though,” Baekhyun said.

 

“But it’s all worth it, isn’t it?,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Definitely,” Baekhyun said.  “I actually can’t wait to have a proper house to raise our pup in as well.”

 

“I agree.  Our pup will be the most civilized werewolf of all of us,” Chanyeol replied.  “I almost can’t wait that long.”

 

“Yeah, I can’t wait to have a pup to call our own,” Baekhyun answered, sighing in his mate’s arms before shutting his eyes and trying to sleep.

 

“Making a pup doesn’t have to be a tedious process.  One day we’ll have our bundle of joy,” Chanyeol murmured as he tightened his grip around Baekhyun before settling down to sleep as well, “when the time is right.”

 

“Of course,” Baekhyun said as he snuggled into his mate’s hold and fell asleep. 

 

Sehun woke up in the middle of the night and whined and nudged Baekhyun in his face to be taken outside to do his business.  The omega groggily untangled Chanyeol’s limbs from himself before scooping Sehun up and rushing outside.  He plopped the pup down in time for Sehun to pee to his heart’s content. 

 

After finishing up, Sehun again Baekhyun’s outstretched hand before trotting back inside the den and returning to his bed.  Baekhyun returned to his spot next to Chanyeol who instinctively wrapped his arms around him again.  There the couple laid and watched the pup return to his deep slumber before cooing softly and returning to sleep as well.  They had completed a successful afternoon of babysitting indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M BACK!!!! It has been over two months since I last updated, and I don't know what else to say other than sorry!  I have had so many exams and papers in university this month especially.  Between hanging out with high school buddies as well as making new friends and cramming for exams and fast approaching deadlines, I didn't have much time to write.  However, I thought about my readers during my free time, and as a result, this chapter was written on and off whenever I found myself not wanting to read any required readings for my classes anymore.  I also did post my NCT Doyoung/Jaehyun university omegaverse oneshot last month, so check that out if you want to.  Don't forget to comment about anything of interest that you may have regarding the story or chapter or just spazz about EXO or NCT with me.  As always, thank you so much for reading!  I'll probably see you guys in another month or two.