First Trip To The City

The Adventures Of Wolf Pup Sehun

At the first rays of sunshine opened one fine August day, the family of three prepared for something important.  Both Junmyeon and Yixing dressed in stretchy black shorts and a black t-shirt that was standard issue among the pack to wear when pack members were in their human form and were around one another each along with slip on shoes to get themselves into the city so they could dress properly when they got there.  The vast majority of the pack’s collection of various seasons of clothing was kept at their winter apartment complex.

 

Today was a big day of firsts for Sehun.  It would be his first time interacting with the human world in the city.  Sehun would be visiting the pack’s more civilized winter home and seeing the human luxuries of electricity and running water for the first time as well.  Finally, and most importantly, it would also be his first checkup from a well-known and trusted werewolf doctor.  The pup required several shots needed to protect from both human and werewolf diseases and viruses would be encountered in his future daily life.  His parents had dreaded the time where their son would need to experience pain, but the pros of being vaccinated far outweighed the cons.  Besides, Sehun would have both of his parents there for comfort. 

 

Junmyeon had retrieved the mesh dog (and wolf pup!) zip sided carrier that had been bought for him by Kris upon Yixing’s request.  It would be of good use today, as the small family would be utilizing subway transport to get to and from the forest to the doctor’s office.  However, before that, the family would be stopping at the pack’s winter home in the city to properly wash up and make themselves presentable while roaming the city streets.  It was essentially an entire floor of an apartment complex rented out, with other wolf packs populating the other floors.

 

Yixing scooped his drowsy four-month-old son into his arms.  The snow white pup snuggled into his daddy’s strong and safe arms and barked before burrowing into himself. 

 

Yifan had already arranged for a werewolf car service called “Werewolf Transport Co.” to pick up and drop off the three of them the moment that they needed to exit and enter the forest and his territory.  It was already prepaid from Yifan’s immense bank account from his well-off and powerful family that lead one of the most powerful packs back in China as well as the money the that some members of the pack had saved up from their jobs to pick them up and drop them off to the pack’s apartments.  This service is similar to taxis for humans, except all the drivers were werewolves who were very assimilated with the human world and had driver’s licenses.

 

Also given to the family and packed safely into Junmyeon’s and Yixing’s pockets was enough money to spend a day in the city with as well as their ID cards that were similar to the ones that normal humans were given by the Korean government.  Werewolves and humans had coexisted well for several generations in relative harmony, provided that werewolves had registered themselves properly with the government.  Sehun would need an official birth certificate as well.

 

Yixing slowly placed Sehun into the carrier for the first time, and adjusted the thin furs inside for his son’s comfort and adjusted the puppy wee wee pads to one side just in case Sehun needed to go to the bathroom.  After Yixing placed Sehun down and made sure he was comfortable, the alpha left to go next door and tell Yifan that they would be heading out.  Junmyeon placed a chaste kiss to his son’s furry head and zipped up the carrier.

 

Noticing that he was being sealed inside of a strange place, the pup whined loudly with cries of Appa! and Dada! and began to tremble.  Realizing the pup’s discomfort, Junmyeon opened up the side window for Sehun to stick his head out of, and spoke comforting words to his son as he attempted to calm Sehun down.

 

Sehun quickly settled down as his back was with one of Junmyeon’s fingers.  The now calm puppy adjusted himself and let out a small bark when he saw his daddy come back inside.  With a small smile back at his son, Yixing gingerly picked up the carrier and placed it over his shoulders, similar to a messenger bag.  Adjusting the strap so it would be comfortable, the small family set out on the hour-long journey to the edge of the city.

 

The sun was just peeking over the horizon as both Junmyeon and Yixing spotted the familiar gray sedan at the edge of the empty dirt road that ran adjacent to the opening of the forest.  The vehicle had a familiar wolf howling up at the moon logo on the side as a decal.  Yixing took off the carrier and opened the door for Junmyeon.  Junmyeon took the carrier from his mate and slid into the rear seat, with Yixing entering shortly after.  Junmyeon ped the carrier and carefully scooped out Sehun into his arms.

 

The driver, a beta werewolf that had integrated into the human world years ago named Kim Jonghyun, had been a trustworthy connection for safe travel for Kris and his pack for a long time.  He had driven some of the pack members on multiple occasions during their winter move to the apartments, including a pregnant Junmyeon back in December. 

 

“How have you been?  I haven’t seen you since the winter ride to the apartments, and I don’t remember this little ball of fluff,” Jonghyun mused, turning around from the driver’s seat and grinning back at the couple’s newborn pup.

 

“We’re doing well.  We have a new pup to call our own and take care of, but overall, life has been pleasant for us,” Yixing answered.

 

“And what is this adorable pup’s name?” Jonghyun asked as he reached out a hand for Sehun to sniff.

 

“This is Sehun.  He was born in April,” Jonghyun answered, softly petting Sehun as he sensed his son’s uneasy feeling that came from being in close proximity to an unknown werewolf. 

 

Junmyeon moved Sehun’s snout in front of Jonghyun’s hand for him to smell.  After a few tentative sniffs, Sehun slowly brought his tongue out to the pads of Jonghyun’s fingers, accepting the strange beta and understanding that he would not be harmed.

 

“So, what is the reason for today’s adventure with your pup?” questioned Jonghyun and he allowed Sehun to continue chewing his palm gently, allowing Sehun to use him as a means of relief for his ongoing teething.

 

“We’re bringing him to the doctors for vaccines today,” Junmyeon answered.

 

“I see.  I remember when I needed to go with my pups for their shots.  They were so scared.  Be sure to reassure your pup whenever you feel that they are about to become upset,” Jonghyun replied as he shifted out of neutral and into drive.

 

Slowly releasing himself from Sehun’s grasp on his hand, Jonghyun turned around to face the road.  After confirming where they wanted to go, Jonghyun slowly set off.

 

“Thanks for the tip, Jonghyun hyung,” Yixing thanked him.

 

“Anytime, Yixing.  I’m more than happy to help out anyone who is connected to Kris in any way possible,” Jonghyun said as he drove slowly over the dips and rough patches in the unpaved road.

 

“How’s Kibum?” Junmyeon asked as Sehun went back to dozing off in his appa’s lap while peacefully inhaling the scents of his parents.

 

“He’s doing well earning a decent living from that insurance firm in Gangnam.  Since our pups moved out, we have so much time together.  Kibum and I do interesting things like painting and singing to songs from the radio on my days off from driving werewolves around,” Jonghyun mused as Yixing and Junmyeon chuckled.

 

“That sounds great!” Yixing said.  “By the way, how is the rest of the Shinee pack doing?”

 

On the hour-long drive to the heart of Seoul, the werewolves caught up on stories of the everyday activities that each pack had gone through.  Time seemed to fly by, as in almost no time at all, Jonghyun was already slowing down in front of the werewolf apartment complex.

 

“Here we are.  I’ll see you back here at 4 p.m., I presume?” asked Jonghyun as Junmyeon zipped Sehun back into the mesh carrier.

 

“Yeah,” answered Yixing as Junmyeon picked up the carrier and opened the door of the vehicle.

 

“Thanks for the ride, Jonghyun hyung.” Junmyeon said as he picked up the carrier and exited the sedan.

 

“It’s no problem for me.  See you guys in the afternoon!” Jonghyun replied as the rear doors were shut and Jonghyun slowly drove away.

 

The two werewolves turned away from the road and decided to stop at the corner convenience store for a quick breakfast.  Selecting two triangle kimbaps and a bottle of tea each, Yixing quickly paid for their food and with that, quickly weaved their way through the businesspeople on the streets as they made their way to the elevator of the building.  Once they were safely on the third floor, the couple made their way to their apartment space.  It was in the same untouched state as they had left it in March right before Sehun was born.

 

“Ah, it’s great to be back here,” Junmyeon said as he set Sehun’s carrier down and ped it.  Sehun slowly walked out, ears flat against his head in nervousness as the pup sniffed wildly at the unfamiliar surroundings.

 

“I know, I had forgotten that humans live so comfortably.  Hey, I’m going to shower first if that’s alright with you.  Sehun’s appointment is at 11 so we have more than enough time before then,” Yixing agreed as he glanced up at the clock that read 9:15 in the morning. 

 

“Sure, I’ll go after you,” Junmyeon agreed.  “I wanted to supervise Sehun as he gets comfortable with this place anyway.”

 

Yixing came over to the white pup who had stopped to sniff the base of a mahogany bookshelf and gave a little kiss to his son’s muzzle before retreating into the bathroom for a proper shower.  Junmyeon retrieved his breakfast from the kitchen table and quickly sat on the sofa, keeping a watchful eye on Sehun as he went from one place to the next, slowly becoming acclimated with the apartment. 

 

After deciding that this place was not scary, as it contained his parents’ scents, the pup went back to his appa for his feeding.  Junmyeon savored his food, relishing in the taste that human food had to offer.  Finishing up the last of his second donkatsu samgak kimbap, Junmyeon took a quick sip of his tea before standing up and striping himself of clothing before shifting into his wolf form.

 

He laid besides Sehun, allowing the pup to have his breakfast.  As Sehun unlatched himself from his appa, Yixing came out from the bathroom, his long bangs styled to one side across his forehead.  He was dressed in a light and airy button up that was left casually ed and the sleeves were rolled up to showcase his toned forearms as well as a pair of shorts. 

 

Sehun’s ears perked up at the return of his daddy as he nuzzled deeply into Junmyeon’s soft and fluffy white coat.  Yixing lifted his son up and allowed him to at his face, a smile spreading across the alpha’s face.

 

I’m going to shift and then shower myself, Junmyeon said through the bond to Yixing as he went into the bathroom for some privacy before shifting. 

 

Ever since Junmyeon had given birth, he had become self-conscious of his body that still had baby weight from the pregnancy on him.  Consequentially, Junmyeon would no longer be seen by anyone without clothing on.  Yixing was completely fine with how Junmyeon regardless, but Junmyeon had been extremely fit and worked out with Yixing regularly before becoming pregnant with Sehun and wanted to return to his body pre-pregnancy.  Yixing would have to figure out a special outing for just the two of them to show his undying love for Junmyeon no matter how he looked.

 

Yixing carried Sehun over to the kitchen table and set him down in the chair next to him as he unwrapped his kimchi tuna triangle kimbap and took a large bite, enjoying the flavors that burst in his mouth.  Sehun watched with a watchful eye, not daring to attempt to jump down from the tall chair. 

 

As Yixing finished his respective breakfast, he scooped Sehun up and brought him to his and Junmyeon’s shared bedroom.  He placed the pup down onto the buttery soft comforter and watched Sehun quickly snuggle under the covers.  Sehun’s tail wagged quickly under the covers, something that did not escape Yixing’s knowing gaze.  With that, he pulled the comforter off of the pup and watched Sehun grin with his milk teeth and he rushed to get under the covers again.  This impromptu game of hide and seek lasted until Sehun got tired and rushed to and bit down lightly on his daddy’s fingers instead.

 

After snuggling with Sehun for a bit on top of the plush bed, Junmyeon came out from his bath, hair neatly combed and stylishly parted.  He was dressed in a light long sleeve top with roll tabs that were kept in place with a button and a pair of knee length shorts.

 

“Ready to head out?  The subway ride will take at least 25 minutes so we should probably leave soon,” Junmyeon said as he went back to the living room to retrieve Sehun’s carrier. 

 

“Sure,” Yixing said as he picked up Sehun and followed his mate into the next room.

 

After both parents kissed Sehun and pet him lightly, Yixing placed Sehun back into the carrier and zipped it up.  After putting on sneakers, the apartment was locked up.  Junmyeon had decided to carry Sehun on their way to the doctor’s office and held the bag at his hips, being carry to not swing the carrier.  Sehun’s little head peered out of the opening in the mesh and stayed there as he took in his surroundings with tall buildings and many smells and far too many people around him for comfort.  The pup soon ducked back in a burrowed into the furs, peeking out occasionally before going back to his comfortable furs.

 

The family made their way to the subway station, and using some of the money given to them, paid for two two-way cards to get to and from the doctor’s office.  They only had to wait for a few minutes before the train rolled into the station and the protective doors slid open so people could enter and exit the train.  Since it was no longer rush hour, the pair could easily get a seat and sat down. 

 

Immediately upon sitting down, a group of three ahjummas to the left of Junmyeon cooed at the little pup.  Sehun, being weary of the unknown scents all around him, whined as he blinked at the faces staring at him.

 

“He’s so cute!” said one of them of she stuck out a hand for Sehun to sniff.  The pup sniffed wildly before taking comfort in the homely smell of the human female in front of him.

 

“How old is he?” asked another ahjumma.

 

“4 months,” Yixing answered as he scooted closer to Junmyeon and Sehun.  Sehun was now relishing the petting he was receiving from all three older women.

 

“He’ll definitely be intelligent since he has a good level of caution already around new people at such a young age,” the third ahjumma remarked.  “That’s a great trait that you have taught your son.

 

“This is our stop,” the first ahjumma said.  “Make sure he eats yummy foods and protect him from harm.  With both of your good looks, your son will definitely find a suitable mate later in life.”

 

“Thank you very much,” Yixing and Junmyeon said as they blushed a little at the sudden compliment and bowed towards the elderly women.

 

The three ahjummas left the train, leaving the family alone on the train besides a few other businesspeople and random travelers in their car.  Following this run in, their ride to the desired stop went smoothly, and soon enough, the family made the short 5 minute walk to the doctor’s office. 

 

Pretty soon, the large complex where many doctors’ practices resided on each floor came into view, and with a quick elevator ride up to the 10th floor, revealed the friendly sky blue walls of Dr. Jung’s werewolf medical practice.  This doctor had been used by Kris’s pack since the pack had been initiated, and Dr. Jung was a friendly young man who had always been serious about his occupation.

 

“I’ll check Sehun in,” Yixing said as he went up to the counter to check Sehun in with the young female receptionist as Junmyeon brought Sehun to the waiting area.

 

Junmyeon sat down into one of the chairs and ped Sehun from the carrier.  Sehun rushed out and pawed at Junmyeon’s bare legs since he wanted to lay in his appa’s arms.  He thought that the sterile doctor’s office smells were a little strange and needed some comforting.  Cradling the jittery pup in his arms in an attempt to calm Sehun down, Junmyeon glanced at the other werewolves who were there for multiple reasons, like checkups for the adult and teenage werewolves and vaccinations for the younger pups who were there with their parents. 

 

Yixing walked over to Junmyeon and sat down besides him, slowly filling out all the necessary forms since this was Sehun’s first time here.  Over the next half hour, the couple had filled out all the necessary paperwork and were now waiting for Sehun to be called in to see the doctor.

 

While Sehun was busy crawling from one parent’s lap to another, the receptionist called out the pup’s name.

 

“Dr. Jung will see Sehun now,” she said into the waiting area.

 

Upon hearing this news, Yixing gathered Sehun into his arms, and with Junmyeon following closely behind, the two went into the familiar examination room that all of the pack had seen at one time or another when they were (rarely) sick or needed to have something checked out.

 

Seeing the familiar tall brown haired alpha werewolf doctor in his pristine white lab coat, the parents smiled.

 

“Hello!  It’s a pleasure to see you guys again,” Dr. Jung said as came over to them to shake their hands.

 

“Likewise,” Junmyeon replied as Yixing set Sehun down onto the paper lined examination table.

 

“And this would be Sehun, right?” Dr. Jung said as he motioned towards the pup as he brought up Sehun’s file on the computer and made his way over to the table.

 

The pup, however, sensed the strong unknown alpha pheromones in the room and the unknown werewolf coming towards him.  The white pup rushed over to his parents while whining loudly as his parents attempted to console him.

 

“Oh, that always happens,” Dr. Jung chuckled.  “I’ll have to take this slow.”

 

With that, the tall alpha doctor sat in a chair that was adjacent to the examination table and held out his sturdy hand for Sehun to sniff.  Sehun was tucked into the corner of the table farthest away from the seemingly scary alpha doctor.  With gentle words of comfort from his appa, Sehun slowly made his way over to the large alpha.

 

Sehun sniffed for a good few minutes, giving a few tentative to the pads of the doctor’s fingers before releasing them quickly.   He then sniffed at the doctor’s exposed wrist, and calmed down immensely when Dr. Jung rubbed him behind his ears.  Sehun then leaned into the touch, liking the soft touch and finding himself warming up to the unknown alpha.

 

“That went very well.  It looks as if Sehun is becoming well socialized and knows to look for signs of kind werewolves before trusting them,” Dr. Jung said as he input something onto the computer screen.  “When was Sehun born?  Has Sehun been potty trained?”

 

“April 12,” Junmyeon recalled as Dr. Jung typed this information into the computer system as well.  “Yeah, he’s been whining for us and moving towards the entrance of our den every time he needs to do his business, and for the most part can hold it in until we get outside.”

 

“Very good.  Now comes the examination.  I will be performing some basic tests now,” Dr. Jung said as he put on a pair of medical gloves made of a white latex before returning to the pup with a tiny flashlight.  “Open wide, Sehun.”

 

With another demonstration from Yixing, Sehun opened his mouth for the doctor.  Shining the light around the pup’s throat, the doctor made a sound of approval and gave the okay for the pup to close his mouth.

 

“Sehun’s currently teething, so I suggest you give him things to gnaw on whenever he feels pain.  Maybe give him a toy to snuggle with and a stick to gnaw on?” the doctor suggested as he moved to check the pup’s ears.

 

He held onto the tip of one ear and looked inside before looking at the other one.

 

“Oh, there are plenty of branches and random fingers that Sehun constantly chews on.  But we hadn’t even thought of purchasing any stuffed animals for Sehun since we didn’t want there to be too many in our den,” Yixing replied, suddenly sullen over the fact that they had deprived their son of any toys over the four months Sehun had been in this world.

 

“We will most definitely be buying a few plush toys for Sehun to play with,” Junmyeon assured the doctor.  “He’s been eyeing Jongin’s brown stuffed poodle toys for way too long.”

 

Yixing’s jaw tightened and his fists clenched at the thought of that alpha pup that wanted to win Sehun over with his toys.  However, the alpha calmed himself down before he made an unsavory remark against a wolf pup in his own pack.

 

“Ah, Jongin.  I remember that alpha pup.  He’ll be a find alpha when he grows older, I’m sure of it.  Not to worry, just one or two toys will be enough for a pup.  Toys are a good supplement to a pup’s own parents when they are not available readily to them,” Dr. Jung said as he typed more data into the computer.  “Now, I need Sehun to bite down onto this metal pad to test his biting strength.”

 

The doctor brought out a plastic covered metal plate that was connected to the computer.  With some coaxing from Sehun’s parents, Sehun slowly bite into the cool metal and bit down.

 

“Very good, above average jaw strength,” Dr. Jung remarked as he typed those results in and brought out a rubber mallet.  “Now for reflexes.”

 

After tapping Sehun’s legs lightly to check for good development in his limbs, the alpha again smiled lightly at how well the pup was doing without putting up a fight.

 

“Sehun is very well behaved.  He must have exemplary parents who taught him to have good manners,” Dr. Jung complimented the couple.

 

“Oh, Dr. Jung, you are much too kind,” Junmyeon said as both he and Yixing bowed lightly at the compliment.  “We’re just doing the best we can.”

 

“Definitely keep raising him as you are currently doing,” Dr. Jung said as he reached for the prepared blood test kit.  “Now for the tricky part.  I need Sehun to stay still for a good thirty seconds.”

 

“I can hold him, if that would help,” Yixing suggested.

 

“That’s a good idea, just be sure to keep one leg out and steady,” Dr. Jung said as he prepares the needle.

 

 “Sure,” Yixing answers as he holds Sehun steadily in his arms, pulling Sehun’s right hind leg out for Dr. Jung to prick.

 

“Remember to keep him steady and keep his attention away from the needle,” reminded Dr, Jung as he slid a chair over to sit in front of Yixing.

 

With Junmyeon’s finger out to give Sehun something to gnaw on for comfort as well divert his gaze away from the doctor, Dr. Jung quickly parted a small section of fur away and plunged the needle into the exposed skin, watching the red liquid slowly fill up the vial.

 

“He’s doing well, just a few more seconds, Dr. Jung said as the vial filled to almost the top before he pulled out the vial and held a small napkin in place, motioning for Yixing in hold it in place and placing the vial of blood into a holder and placing the used supplies into the medical waste bin.

 

“Good job,” Yixing whispered into Sehun’s ear before kissing he pup softly on his head.

 

“Next up are the required shots.  Thankfully, he only needs four of them right now.  I’ll be putting two in either hind leg,” Dr. Jung said as he went to the small fridge to retrieve the needed vaccines and returned with the four shots.

 

Junmyeon decided to hold Sehun this time while the shots were administered.  Yixing decided on softly petting Sehun and purposefully shielded his son’s eyes whenever the doctor stuck another needle into the pup.  However, with the parents’ calm and collected actions, Sehun remained still and just enjoyed the extra attention he was receiving.

 

“Excellent.  Now all that’s left is to test height and weight,” Dr. Jung remarked as he beckoned towards the contraption in the corner of the room with an electronic readout.  “Would Sehun come over here and step onto the scale?”

 

Yixing placed Sehun down onto the ground, and Junmyeon stood up and walked over to the scale.  He pat it softly and gestured for Sehun to go over to the scale.  The pup all but ran over on unsteady legs towards his appa and jumped onto the scale.  Sehun happily barking and wagging his tail at a quick pace as Dr. Jung laughed while recording down the number on the scale.

 

“Finally, have Sehun stand against that wall,” the doctor said, moving over to where a wall with numbers markings was neatly printed.

 

Yixing pointed towards the wall, and then coaxed Sehun to move towards it.  Sehun, thinking that this was a fun game of sorts, skittered off of the scale and rushed up to the wall.  Yixing awarded the pup with a pat to his head as Dr. Jung placed a clipboard above Sehun’s head to accurately measure the pup’s height and moving back to the computer.

 

“Very good, Sehun seems to be developing normally and is in fact a little taller than average in height,” Dr. Jung said as those stats were filled into the computer as well.  “Now it seems as if Sehun will be shifting somewhere between 11 months and 1 year of age, and will be able to control his shifts starting at 2 years old.  I recommend clothes that you won’t mind being covered in fur, as random pup shifts from human to wolf and vice versa tend to get furry.”

 

“That’s very good news to hear,” Yixing remarked. 

 

“We will keep the shifting issue and appropriate clothing in mind,” Junmyeon said as he walked back to the spot next to his mate and son. 

 

“No problem.  I see that Sehun is getting the proper nourishment he needs, and will be able to eat some more complex solid foods soon with his teeth in wolf form.  Don’t forget to get Sehun active and moving for at least 60 minutes a day.  Just because werewolves are immortal doesn’t mean that we should be lazy,” Dr. Jung reminded him as he took off his medical gloves and washed his hands.

 

Sehun was now sniffing around on the examination table, turning in circles before setting himself down by the doctor, headed tiled to the side and ears straight up in curiosity as to what the doctor was doing.  The alpha doctor was finishing up typing something into Sehun’s examination file and stood up from his chair.  Sehun’s gaze followed.

 

“Well, that seems to be it for now, I’ll be in contact with you in the next few hours through your apartment’s landline about Sehun’s results from the blood test.  I’ll also be submitting the paperwork so Sehun can be properly documented and have a proper birth certificate and ID.  I hope Sehun will grow up to be a healthy and happy omega werewolf, and I’ll see you next year for Sehun’s yearly checkup.”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Jung,” Yixing said politely as he picked Sehun up off the table.

 

“Oh, you guys can both can me Yunho.  I can’t even remember how many years I’ve known Kris for, and we all should be as close as real family members at this point,” Dr. Jung chuckled as he waved good bye to Sehun.

 

As the coupled said their good-byes to Dr. Jung and made their way out of the examination room, Sehun suddenly squirmed in his daddy’s hold.  Yixing, unsure of what to do, glanced over to Junmyeon for assistance.  With a small nod from the omega, the alpha carefully set Sehun down.

 

Once Sehun’s tiny paws made contact with the flooring, the white pup dashed back into the examination room, pawing at Yunho’s trousers.  Yunho placed the vial of blood back into its holder, not wanting to drop it.  With a surprised and slightly perplexed look upon his face, the alpha doctor greeted and picked up the pup.  He was immediately was attacked with tiny everywhere that Sehun’s tongue could reach as if to thank him for being so kind.

 

Junmyeon and Yixing stood in the doorway, warm smiles upon their faces at how Sehun was now able to show affection for someone outside of the pack.

 

“That’s his way of showing affection and thanks,” Junmyeon said as he held out his hands to retrieve Sehun from the flustered but nonetheless happy doctor.

 

“Oh, that’s fantastic.  I must get this blood to the lab so I can give you his results though.  I’ll see you next year though, so take care until then,” Dr. Jung said as he straightened out his lab coat and gathered his things before walking away towards the lab, bidding the family one final goodbye.

 

After setting an appointment for the following year with the receptionist, Yixing placed Sehun back into his carrier and carried the pup out the door, and the family took the elevator back down to the ground floor.  Suddenly, Yixing had an idea.

 

“Hey, Junmyeon, do you want to go to the toy store right now?” Yixing asked.

 

“Right now?” Junmyeon asked.

 

“Yeah, we can purchase a toy for him to play with as well as some baby clothes for when Sehun inevitably shifts,” Yixing remarked.

 

“Sounds like a good idea,” Junmyeon responded.  “We can go to the children’s store near the apartments and pick up some food after that.

 

After the train ride back to the neighborhood near the pack’s apartments (with some more ogling and compliments from random strangers), the small family made their way to the kids store.  It was whimsically decorated, and contained everything a child could need, from clothes, to bottles, to diapers, and of course, tons of toys at respectable prices.

 

Yixing picked up a shopping basket to temporarily and easily carry the items they wanted to purchase, easily balancing the carrier on one shoulder and holding the shopping bag in front of him.  Making their way to the clothing section, Junmyeon opened the carrier, letting Sehun out.  The pup, sensing that he was in another unknown place, sat down underneath his parents, glancing around at the bright colors of the room, the barriers, and strange pieces of fabric that his parents were searching through.

 

After selecting enough onesies that could be used every day but were also thin enough to carry back to their den, Yixing placed them into the shopping bag and led the family upstairs to where all the toys were.  Junmyeon followed closely behind, allowing Sehun to hobble up a few steps before finally picking up the white pup and carrying him the rest of the way up to the second floor.  Immediately upon reaching the floor with all the toys, Sehun let out a happy bark and slowly made his way around the room, taking a look at all of the plushies that the store had to offer.

 

Junmyeon picked up a woefully inaccurate wolf pup plushie and showed it to Yixing, who promptly let out a small laugh at the exaggerated eyes and mouth.  Setting it down, the adults wandered around the large room, carefully looking at all the toys.  However, they weren’t expecting what Sehun would do next.

 

Having seen all of the stuffed toys that the store had to offer, Sehun pawed at one bin in particular, calling out quietly to his appa and daddy through the bond.  With his parents’ attention now fully on him, the pup wagged his tail and barked, as if beckoning his parents to the toy that he wanted. 

 

“What is it, Sehunnie?  You want the stuffed toy poodle?” Junmyeon asked, taking out one of the snow white poodles from the bin that was just as big as the pup himself. 

 

With the toy now within reach, Sehun latched onto the body of the soft and fluffy poodle, cuddling into the toy

 

“Looks like Sehun found his special toy,” Yixing said as he came over to examine the stuffed animal.  “Good choice.  It’s one of the cheaper options.”

 

“Now, Sehunnie, you can’t play with the toy too much yet.  We haven’t paid for it,” Junmyeon chided softly, pulling out the toy from beside his son, making sure that the toy didn’t have any drool on it before placing it into the shopping basket. 

 

Sehun gave a disappointed whine at the sudden loss of fluffy faux fur beneath him and rushed up to Junmyeon, resting on his sneakers.

 

Bi--. Bivi, Sehun said through the bond as he stared longingly into the basket.

 

“What?  Is the dog’s name Bivi?” Junmyeon asked, rubbing his son behind the ears.

 

That felt very nice to Sehun, but he had a proper name for his new companion (Besides Jongin, whom Sehun had started calling “Jongie” much to his daddy’s dismay.  Sehun wishes that he could spend more time with Jongin without his daddy always becoming flustered and dragging him away from the other pup before he could even interact with Jongin for an extended period of time.).  Therefore, the pup needed to get the name out correctly to his parents before they started calling the stuffed animal by anything other than the name Sehun had already chosen.

 

Vi--. Vivi. Vivi, Sehun said confidently to his appa as he looked longingly at the poodle inside the shopping bag.

 

“Vivi?  Alright, it promotes Sehun’s creativity.  I’m all for that,” Yixing said as he walked over to the pup and rubbed his back. 

 

The alpha was ready to leave, and besides, he was getting hungry.  Yixing picked up the shopping bag and motioned for Junmyeon to follow along.  After paying for all of the clothing and the newly named “Vivi” (and more fawning from the storekeepers), Sehun was again placed into the mesh carrier.  Junmyeon immediately plucked the stuffed poodle from the shopping bag and placed it inside the carrier.  Seeing this, Sehun all but skittered in, nuzzling the toy and letting out growls of happiness.

 

Yixing zipped up the pup securely and held the carrier as Junmyeon carried the bag of clothing out of the shop.  Walking back to their apartment, the two bought some ddukbokki (spicy rice cakes) and soondae (blood sausages) for themselves and some eomuk guk (fish cakes in a light broth/soup) for Sehun.  Returning back to their apartment, the couple removed their shoes and again let Sehun out of the carrier, watching in delight as the pup dragged out the toy poodle along with him.   After finishing their lunch, the parents took turns feeding Sehun his first meal of human food.  Sehun had liked the soft and squishy fish cakes, and had gobbled most of them up along with the soup before waddling back to the living room for a midday nap (with Vivi of course).

 

Yixing and Junmyeon stayed in the kitchen, chatting lowly about the events of the day and about their plans for how to best get home when the landline rang about an hour into the pup’s nap.  Sehun woke up with a start, scrambling underneath the Junmyeon’s chair at the loud sound.  Looking at the caller ID and recognizing it as Dr. Jung’s office, the omega pressed the speaker call button and greeted the receptionist. 

 

After confirming that they were in fact Sehun’s parents with his birth date and time of their appointment that day, the kind receptionist had the good news that Sehun’s bloodwork had come back normal.  Thanking the female on the other end of the receiver, Yixing pressed the end call button.

 

“That’s good news,” Yixing said as he slid down from his chair and dragged Sehun out form his hiding spot.

 

Cradling the pup, Yixing went over to the window ledge, allowing Sehun to gaze at the street beneath them.  With wide eyes, the white pup glanced at the interesting view beneath him.  However, what caught Yixing’s eye was a familiar gray sedan and wolf decal on the side slowing down in front of the apartment building.  With two honks, Yixing knew that it was Jonghyun, prompt and right on time to pick them up at exactly 4 p.m.  With Sehun now dozing off in his arms, Yixing quietly called over to Junmyeon.

 

“Hey, Myeonnie, our ride’s here,” Yixing said as he zipped up Sehun and Vivi into the mesh carrier yet again, watching as Sehun wordlessly moved towards his

 

“Alright, lets get going.  I don’t want to get caught in the forest when it’s dark,” Junmyeon responded, putting on his shoes.

 

After making sure that they had gathered everything they had bought, Yixing carried the pup out into the hallway.  Junmyeon held the bag of onesies in one hand while Junmyeon made sure that the electronic door had properly engaged before also locking the door with his key.  He went back to his alpha mate who was already holding the elevator for him.

 

“Thanks,” Junmyeon said as he slipped into the elevator and down they went to the car.

 

After greeting Jonghyun again, the beta werewolf again drove them back to the edge of the forest.  Light conversation about how their days had went filled the car at a low level so as not to jolt Sehun awake.  Soon enough, they were bidding Jonghyun farewell and were walking back towards the center of the territory. 

 

After their hour-long journey back and the dens finally became visible, Sehun noticeably brightened in his demeanor.  The pup had woken up but was simply peeking through the carrier once in a while before going back nuzzling his new furry friend.  However, now, Sehun was pawing against the zipper of the carrier, wanting to be let out, seeming wanting to greet Kyungsoo and Kris who were both currently sitting near the fire preparing dinner for the pack (Well, Kyungsoo definitely was.  Kris was just flirting with the shorter beta).  Upon seeing the three werewolves, the two greeted them while they were still a small distance away, and Yifan had called Yixing to go and talk with him in his den about something important.

 

Yixing passed on the carrier to Junmyeon and was led away by Kris who seemed to be conflicted with something that he needed to tell the other alpha.  The normally sharp-witted alpha was so engrossed in what the head alpha had to speak to him about that he missed the alpha pup that was next to Kyungsoo who was wagging his tail in excitement at seeing that his friend had come back.  Jongdae and Minseok were cleaning out their den and did not want any dust to affect Jongin’s developing body and had given him to Kyungsoo to take care of for an hour.

 

Junmyeon, after seeing that the two alphas were safely inside Kris’ den, quickly ped the carrier, easily letting out Sehun.  Sehun also brought out the stuffed poodle and put it on top of himself so Vivi would remain safe.  With that, Sehun seemed to be rushing towards Kyungsoo to show him his new friend.  However, this was not the case, as Sehun barked out a rushed greeting little at Kyungsoo before moving quickly past the beta to show Jongin his new toy.

 

Small growls between the two pups were used to communicate to Jongin that he had gotten this today. 

 

Jongie.  Vivi, Sehun said through the pack bond as the white pup motioned upwards.

 

Jongin liked the way that Sehun said his name, and also understand “Vivi” as the name of Sehun’s toy.   Jongin barked in happiness seeing his best friend looking so happy.  But he wanted to play with Sehun too, and that couldn’t happen if the large poodle was still on top of him.  Jongin whined a little and tapped a paw onto the poodle’s body, signaling to Sehun that he should remove himself from underneath the toy.

 

The white pup understood quickly and shook off the toy poodle and held it in his mouth to show it off better to the bigger alpha pup.  Jongin marveled at how white it was and it was the same color as Sehun.  After a brief showcase of the toy, the omega pup trotted towards the log where Kyungsoo and Junmyeon were sitting and placed Vivi safely next to his appa. 

 

As Sehun had his rear end pointed towards Jongin, the alpha pup took the opportunity to bite down onto Sehun’s tail lightly in a playful manner.  Sehun barked sharply at the sudden touch, but immediately smiled with his milk teeth seeing at how Jongin wanted to play.  And with that, the two wolf pups play fought and rolled around on the ground and chased each other around the open area far enough away from the open fire where the two adult werewolves were cooking but close enough that they could be seen.

 

After about 10 minutes of all out playing, Sehun became tired and stopped in his tracks.  Jongin bumped into Sehun’s rump.  With a tired bark, Sehun made his way over to Junmyeon, who noticed his son’s slow steps.  With a bowl of water set out for each pup, the two drank until they were finished and lay down on the cool forest floor.  Sehun nuzzled against Jongin, rubbing his muzzle into the chocolate pup’s side.  He smelled really good, and he felt super comfortable around him, which was awesome.  Life was really good.

 

Sensing Yixing about to exit Kris’ den (and this was confirmed by the quick glance sent in that direction), Junmyeon then fixed his gaze upon Sehun and Jongin cuddling together.  He smiled at how close they were getting, but this smile dropped off his face as he became incredibly nervous at the prospect of Yixing knowing that he was going against his wishes for Sehun to avoid Jongin.  His mate would surely freak out if he saw what was really going on.  Not wanting to delve into that for now, Junmyeon quickly thought of what to distract Yixing with.  His eyes fell upon the brightly colored shopping bag full of baby clothes.  Perfect.

 

“Hey, Xingie, can you put these back into the den?  I completely forgot to do that,” Junmyeon said, rushed over to Yixing with the shopping bag full of onesies.

 

“Sure.  I do have to talk to you about something afterwards, though,” Yixing said, pensive look upon his face as he made his walk back to his and Junmyeon’s shared den, thinking about Kris’ plan for demolishing the dens and replacing them with modern human homes in their place.  More money could be saved and the pack members could hold steady jobs and integrate more into the human world, but that would mean assimilating to human creature comforts.  This was definitely a lot to think about, and Kris would be leading an open discussion after that night’s dinner.

 

With a knowing slightly devious grin directed towards Kyungsoo, Junmyeon zipped Sehun back into the mesh carrier.  Kyungsoo turned to the cooking food in understanding.  As Yixing headed back to the center of the territory where the food was almost done cooking, the alpha growled at finally being able to smell that alpha brat pawing at the carrier.  The nerve of that pup!  Where were his parents? 

 

However, the alpha calmed himself down knowing that Sehun was protected by the mesh that was served as protection between him and Jongin.  With this reassurance, Yixing smiled to himself as he ped the carrier and cradled Sehun in his arms, ignoring the alpha pup whining at his feet.  As long as they used that carrier, Jongin wasn’t going to be interacting with Sehun for quite a while.  He was sure of it.  Junymeon supported him fully in this crusade against Sehun having an alpha friend.

 

Junmyeon watched the scene unfold in front of him and allowed his mate to be the protective alpha dad for a few more months.  That couldn’t hurt, right? 

 

One day, Junmyeon thought to himself.  One day I’ll tell him about how Sehun and Jongin are already quickly becoming friends (and maybe future mates).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: *chuckles nervously* Hey, guys, I'm back.  Does anyone even remember this oneshot series?  I'm sorry I haven't updated in a month..... I hadn't realized that my last update was in mid July until I checked today.  I did immensely enjoy my free time after my summer classes and spent some of it writing some new material for upcoming chapters.  I also got my laptop fixed for the new school year up ahead as well, so that's good for doing schoolwork on (and writing fics!).  However, after university begins again, updates will unfortunately be less frequent (Maybe 1-2 months between updates? Idk yet).  To me, writing is a means of stress relief, so I don't want to rush these updates.  I hope you all understand.  Regarding the chapter, this is the longest chapter I've written for a story thus far, at 7,515 words!  It took a lot of editing to get this done.  Sehun is healthy and still cute as a typical wolf pup generally is, and Yunho as a doctor just felt right.  And Vivi is here (as a stuffed animal because he already looks like one anyways along with Kyungsoo's new dogs).  I do have a chapter entitled "First Play Date" (Who could that be with? I wonder....) that is in the works already!  Comment if you liked what you read!  Finally,  if you have a suggestion for a chapter, please don't hesistate to comment since I don't have too many chapters planned out.

P.S. Would anyone be interested in a Doyoung/Jaehyun omegaverse one-shot?  That was one of the stories that I was working on over my break, and I'm curious about the level of interest amongst EXO fans.

This AN is definitely wayyyyyyyy too long.  See you in the next update!