First Meeting (The Scary (Soft and Fluffy) Head Alpha)

The Adventures Of Wolf Pup Sehun

Description: Meeting the head alpha of EXO pack is scary for Sehun, newborn wolf pup and newest addition to the family.

----------------------------------------

Inside a sizeable den on EXO pack’s territory housed the small family of three sleeping on their furs at the crack of dawn.  Suddenly, Sehun whines as Junmyeon stirs from his slumber, jostling the small pup awake from his dream.  He had been dreaming of catching that puffy cloud magically within his reach while snuggling up to his appa’s soft white fur and inhaling his sweet omega scent.  On the other side of the little one lay his daddy, Yixing, who was still fast asleep. 

 

As Junmyeon left Sehun’s side to quickly relieve himself, Sehun groggily pattered over to his father and placed his white paws onto his father’s gray muzzle and shot his tiny tongue out to the area between Yixing’s front eyes.  With a high pitched but loud yip, his daddy’s eyes shot open.  

 

Quickly, Sehun leapt back and stared up at Yixing as his daddy rose to his full height.  As an alpha, he was all lean muscle and quick reflexes.  However, he was also the sweetest alpha anyone had the pleasure of meeting, and Sehun had taken a liking to his father immediately after coming out of the womb, only being frightened off by the unknown alpha for an hour after first meeting him.  His dominant but comforting smell had soothed him during the four weeks he had been alive in this world.  Sehun sat down onto his tiny puppy and looked up at his daddy, tilting his head to the side, ears straight up in curiosity as to what his daddy would do next.

 

Yixing stretched his sore limbs and gently rubbed his muzzle against his son’s pure white fur, a mirror image of his appa.  He would be forever indebted to his beautiful mate Junmyeon for carrying their tiny miracle to full term after the difficulties he suffered towards the end of his pregnancy.  Of course the moment Sehun had been born had also been the moment when he first smelled the sweet omega scent of his son.  It smelled like the soft fragrance of a field of flowers, and Yixing’s fatherly instincts immediately overtook him as he kept a close eye on his child.

 

As Junmyeon stepped back in, Yixing trotted over to his mate, giving him a rub to his muzzle.  Junmyeon felt nothing but sheer bliss from this display of affection and almost forgot why they had woken up at such an early hour. 

 

Today was the day.  After about a month, the newest family member of the pack would be meeting the head alpha. 

 

The parents knew this day was coming, and Yifan was ecstatic over having a new member in his pack consisting of a mix of alphas, betas, omegas, and their pups.  Jongin, the pup born just three months before Sehun, was already growing up to be a healthy alpha puppy, and Junmyeon especially wanted his son to meet Jongin so Sehun would have an alpha friend who would be a form of protection as he grew up.  Yixing was adamant in not having Sehun play with any alphas, but Junmyeon was having none of it, wanting his son to be friendly with different wolves of different ranks.

 

After breakfast time, Junmyeon carefully opened his jaw and bit down on the scruff of Sehun’s neck.  With Yixing following closely behind and occasionally nipping at Junmyeon’s tail (the alpha had always been playful and silly at times), the family began the quick journey to the head alpha’s den. 

 

Yifan’s den was purposefully the same size as all of the other created dens on his immense territory.  This was because Yifan viewed all pack members as equals, no matter their rank.  This was the main reason why Junmyeon and Yixing wanted to join Yifan’s pack many moons ago.

 

Yifan!  We’re here, Yixing called out softly into the depths of Yifan’s den through the bond that linked communication throughout the pack.

 

The pitch black head alpha made his way to his den’s entrance to meet the small pup.  Unfortunately, Yifan tripped upon nothing and as he walked out to greet the family, made a deep and threatening growl to the dirt beneath him, teeth bared and eyes flashing red for a split second.  Then he promptly laughed at his previous action.  So was the nature of the seemingly serious alpha. 

 

Upon seeing Yifan, the two good-naturedly laughed off his seemingly annoyed growl, and Junmyeon nudged Sehun towards Yifan.

 

This is Sehun.  He’s shy at first, but he definitely is going to take after his father with his rambunctious nature, Junmyeon chuckled through the bond.

 

Sehun looked up--and up and up--- at Yifan’s tall and study wolf figure and a deep sniff of his dominant alpha pheromones before letting out a frightened squeak and burrowing underneath Junmyeon. 

 

Aw, I don’t think he likes me, Yifan pouted.  Dangerous and frightening alpha Yifan, pouting at the fact that a tiny wolf pup didn’t like him?  Seemingly preposterous.  But this was Yifan’s true nature.  Beneath his thick and angry eyebrows (in his human form), intimidating height (both forms), and born nature to lead a pack through all types of danger and fighting, was a tender hearted wolf that loved children and hoped to gain a mate one day to have his own offspring with. 

 

Come on, Sehun, say hello to alpha, coaxed Junmyeon softly to his tiny son.  He slowly moved away from Sehun.  Sehun wasn’t having any of this, and rushed over to hide underneath Yixing.

 

Seeing Sehun’s apprehension, he took matters into his own hands (paws) by taking Sehun’s scruff into his mouth and walked into the head alpha’s den.  After the three adults had settled onto Yifan’s own soft fur coverings with Sehun snuggly between his parents, Yifan again attempted to greet the small pup.  The pup released a growl, surprising even his parents.

 

Now, now, Sehun, it’s okay, head alpha won’t hurt you, assured Yixing. 

 

Sehun seemed to understand the soft tone in his daddy’s voice, and pieced together that the scarily large midnight wolf was supposed to be good.  Slowly but surely, Sehun crawled out from his safety zone between his appa and daddy, and made his way in front of Yifan’s humongous front paws.  His ears were set flat against his head, and his yellow eyes had fear written all over them. 

 

With a gentle touch, Yifan slowly Sehun’s nose and stared warmly into the pup’s own eyes with his own piercing orbs. 

 

Slowly but surely, one of Sehun’s ears went up, and he cocked his head in thought.

 

Scary alpha isn’t eating me…., wondered Sehun as he internally grappled with this new revelation.  Of course he couldn’t speak through the bond yet as he couldn’t form the words but he would attain this ability soon.

 

However, with one friendly sounding but baritone bark, Sehun whined again, but was quickly comforted by Yifan as he put out a gigantic paw to softly pat the pup on the head.  With his action, Sehun stopped in his tracks. 

 

Only his appa and daddy do that for me, Sehun thought internally. Big scary alpha didn’t crush me.

 

With this new reassurance, Sehun lifted his other ear up and his wary expression visibly dropped.  Both Junmyeon and Yixing audibly make an excited noise, happy that their son was slowly warming up to the seemingly frightening alpha. 

 

Yifan, noticing this every so slight change in Sehun’s demeanor, chuckled out a low rumble.  This went on for about an hour or so, with Sehun slowly and mindfully playing and getting used to this scary but fun wolf.  Sehun sniffed and nipped at Yifan, who stayed remarkably still during this process of discovery.  Feeling safe, Sehun rolled over onto his back and allowed Yifan to nuzzle his tummy. 

 

After a whispered comment through the bond to Yifan about Sehun’s favorite new activity, the head alpha turned himself to the side.  He motioned with his snout towards his back and urged Sehun to get on.  With much difficulty, Sehun gripped onto the head alpha’s fur, which was surprisingly thick and soft.  With his tongue stuck out in fierce concentration, he finally centered himself onto the head alpha’s back and let out a happy bark at his accomplishment.  Junmyeon and Yixing had goofy grins upon their snouts at the sight of their little son getting accustomed to Yifan with Sehun’s most favorite thing in the world, which were piggy back rides.

 

Hang on tight, said Yifan softly.  Sehun instinctively understood, and gripped onto the black fur.  Junmyeon and Yixing walked on either side of Yifan as a protective measure so Sehun wouldn’t be injured.

 

Yifan slowly circled his den and briskly but carefully pattered his way back to the mated couple’s own den while humming softly.  By the time they got back to the homely den, Sehun was biting down playfully onto his head alpha’s fur and showing off his tiny milk teeth in a show of happiness.  When Yifan lowered himself down, Sehun quickly slid off of Yifan’s muscled backside and gleefully yipped in enjoyment as he Yifan’s snout, jaw, and anywhere else his diminutive tongue could reach on the head alpha’s face.  His tail wagged at a frantic pace, and Yixing had to lightly bite the scruff of Sehun’s neck to finally stop him from attacking Yifan with his tiny puppy kisses.

 

He certainly enjoyed playing with you, mused Junmyeon.

 

I‘m so happy about this!  You and Sehun bonded so well!  Now you can scare that alpha puppy brat Jongin from mingling with my precious baby, Yixing mused.

 

Now why would I want to do that?, asked Yifan to the other alpha.

 

Because my son will never be claimed by an alpha!  He’s too pure for this world, Yifan.  Together we must- Yixing got cut off by his mate’s own say in this situation.

 

Yixing.  He is four weeks old.  And remember?  We both met with Jongin’s parents when he was just a newborn as well.  He seemed so sweet.  I see no problem in letting such a calm and collected pup meet our son, scolded Junmyeon.

 

With a final stern look from his mate and a playful smirk on Yifan’s own face, Yixing relented.

 

Fine, Yixing whined.

 

I’ll see you guys tonight for dinner, Yifan said.  With one last pat to Sehun’s head and a short yip from Sehun, the head alpha headed off to perform the daily hunt with the other alphas in the pack.  Today was Yixing’s day off, and the family would spend the rest of the day relaxing and allowing Sehun his midday nap.

 

That night at the evening feast, Sehun did indeed see the head alpha again.  After a small scare from Yifan’s deep rumble as he tripped on a large branch (Seriously, he fought so well during fights, why was he so clumsy in everyday life?) and Sehun’s ears flattering again, all it took was for another to his small head and an assuring pat to get Sehun to be comfortable with the head alpha again. 

 

Later on in the night, a particular pup made purposeful steps towards Sehun as the omega pup finished feeding from Junmyeon.   Jongin barked sharply and Sehun looked up at the larger chocolate pup in alarm before giving him his stare down.  This didn’t last as Jongin pushed towards Sehun two berries from behind himself that he had gripped carefully in his jaw as a present for the new pup he wanted to play with.  He motioned for Sehun to eat one.  Sehun’s ears perked up and his milk teeth showed again as he found himself liking this similar aged pup.

 

Yixing was watching this scene play out from his spot beside the other alphas.  He swiftly made his way over to the two pups. 

 

Who does that puppy think he is?, muttered Yixing.  Junmyeon sighed and chased after his protective alpha mate.  Raising a wolf pup was going to be interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Seriously, you made it this far through my word vomit?  Wow.  I sincerely thank you for taking your time to read my story.  I don't know why I wrote this, I just needed fluffy omegaverse.  So this is my debut fic, and I'm so nervous (kinda like an idol debuting, but not quite) and I would love comments on my writing!  If you have any suggestions for this au (first meetings, first time doing or experiencing things, etc.) please let me know!  I'm open to expanding this story!