Date Gone Wrong

Random Seulrene

This is not what I wanted. This is far from what I imagined.

We are currently filming for 'Style follow' at the amusement park. When our manager informed us, I was really excited. First, it has been a long time since I last went to an amusement park. Second, the management chose me and Seulgi to guest on the said show. Third, it has been a long time since Seulgi and I went on a date and this is probably a good time. Hitting two birds with one stone. Dating while filming.

But reality is far from fantasy. Well actually, it was not that far. It is doable actually. Only if this bear is not too dense. Only if this bear pays attention. Only if this bear care enough.

It was all fine, not until we stepped out of the 'Style follow Bus'. What I imagined was a sweet girlfriend who would hold my hand all throughout. But she was far from that. She never held my hand. Instead, she linked her arms with Sooyoung-unnie. If I wanted to hold her arm, I had to initiate it or I had to wait for something that might never happen. One might think that it was petty, that I was petty. But, can you blame me? For the past few weeks, we had to juggle our schedules. We didn't even have time to go on a date. After I confessed, we never went on a date. Never. Is it wrong for me to want this day to be a little bit special even if we're filming? It's not like I'm asking for a kiss or what. I only wanted to hold her. Subtle things would be enough.

She was clueless. She was dense. And I don't have the heart to ignore her or be pissed at her. Not in front of the crews, not in front of the sunbaes, not in front of the people.

When we arrived at the dorm, I went straight to my room. Not even bothering to look at her when she called after me. After taking a shower and changing into a more comfortable clothes, I went straight to my bed to sleep, to clear my thoughts.

I was about to fall asleep when I heard a soft knock followed by a click.

"Unnie", she said as she sat on my bed. Instead of answering, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. I feel a sudden movement then a body, her body shifting closer to mine.

"Joohyun-ah", she said soothingly but I didn't even react.

She then wrapped her arm around my body shifting her face closer to mine. I can feel her breath against my skin. She was so close. Dangerously close.

"Joohyun-ah. Did I do something wrong? Why are you ignoring me?", she said with her breath tickling me. I shuddered from the close proximity, from her breath, from the warmth of my body.

I opened my eyes but I did not look at her. She was looking at me though. At my eyes, my face, my every action. She was observing me.

"Baby, please, if I had done something wrong, please tell me.", she said softly.

"You were ignoring me", I said without looking at her.

"I what?", she asked confused.

"We were at an amusement park but you were not paying attention to me. It was as if I was not there. You were linking arms with Sooyoung-unnie but you won't even hold my hand. Not even at the cable car when you are well aware that I am afraid of heights", I said still sulking. She pulled me to face her.

"Hey, I was not ignoring you. I would never do that. I even chose that headband for you remember? And I had to link arms with Sooyoung-unnie out of courtesy. She is our sunbae and not just a sunbae but a company sunbae. We had to show to the public that we are close or at least we are trying. I am so sorry if you feel neglected. You were just so cute with that headband on. I wanted to hug you, hold you and kiss you but there are so many people and cameras. We had to be extra cautious. I am so sorry, baby", she said while looking into my eyes and holding my cheeks.

"Forgive me please", she said as she placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Please", another peck and her puppy eyes. I melted. She melted everything.

"Fine, but don't do it again. At least.. at least hold my hand", I said softly. She just looked at me and interlaced our hand. She held it tightly as she brought it up and kissed it.

"Never. I will never let this hand go", she said while smiling brightly. She opened her arm as I snuggled closer, her arms wrapped around my body. I tucked my face against her neck as I inhaled her sweet scent. She placed a kiss against my forehead before we completely succumbed ourselves to sleep.