Three : Who Are You?

Seeker of Happiness

The first month of his journey started with Japan as his first stop. He custom himself with the hustled life of Tokyo,the busy streets filled with modern transport and people who were either walking in a very fast rate as they hurried to their respective places (Baekhyun cant count how many times he was being pushed by this type of people) or walking lazily and enjoying the day like him ( in which he was not enjoying like they are actually) with their friends or significant other.  How at night the city will be enlighten with colorful lights that reflected on his face and the food that tasted like heaven making the brunette to feel so bliss every time he ate there. All the hustling came to an abrupt stop when he visited one of the most must visit places in Japan, Takayama. Baekhyun felt like his life was being revived there with its fresh air, rural areas that are untainted from modern lives and breath catching views that none place can beat.

The next stop was London,a country with amazing places and must seen sight like the famous Big Ben. Baekhyun  was caught in awed when he watched the changing of guards at Buckingham Palace,those guards looking magnificently while changing their post and all. The brunette also tried to tease some of the guards with poking and making weird faces when he learned that the guards wont make any movement hence any type of emotion while working. One of the guards was tested greatly as Baekhyun placed his hand around the other's neck hence the height difference and began to ramble about random things that even Baekhyun doesn't know its true existence for almost an hour with the brunette using his mother language that surely the guard wont understand at all. He then went to Madame Tussauds  which he regret later on as he got terrified by the wax dolls that were smiling at him at every step he took in the place.

He went to various places next,either their are popular destination or not. He went and try to experience everything that was told to give him the feelings that he wanted but during the last before he went to the next stop,it would be the same.

He would only experienced fullness of nothing and glum. Glumness all the way.

The truth is the reason Baekhyun decided to tour the world was to find back the emptiness he was having in his heart. The dull ache that he kept on having at a small part of his heart that vibrated through his whole body at every steps he took. He was missing something that he does not want to talk neither less think about but that small thing that kept on reminding him the reason he was still living in the memory.

''Yah!!!''

Baekhyun sighed as his mind continued to wander around the memory he once held. Right after ''the day'' happend,the emptiness found its place in him. He tried to mask his suffering,being the old Byun Baekhyun,the cheerful energetic and loud chattering man he was,the man that everyone loved but after he moved to Kyungsoo and Jongin's shared apartment he decided to take off his mask. Byun Baekhyun then become the emotionless,plain man was now and he hope it will stayed like that forever.

''Yah!!''

It was a pain for Baekhyun. The person who he loved the most,the one who cherish and willing to do anything for,betrayed him.  He wish he could handle the truth but eventualy he would not cope with the lie given by the said man. How he wished he can turned back time to fix everything,how he wish----

''Yah!!!! Do you want to die!!!!!!''

Baekhyun was jerked backward by huge firm hands on both his shoulders before he was dragged out from the water. It was then he only realized he was walking straight toward the sea when he was too busy thinking about the past. Staring at the now faraway sea,Baekhyun yet again startled himself when he was pushed on to the sand by those huge firm hands. For someone as petite as Baekhyun,the man who kinda save his life was surely a lot more stronger than him and probably too rough too much to Baekhyun favor.

His eyes turned to a slit as he was directed to the sun shining above but then tried to focus on the man who was standing in front of him with his hands on the side of his waist.

The man was tall, as in a full head and an a few inches more taller than him (in which he dismay yet again),have broad shoulders, curly hair that covered up most of his forehead,huge large eyes (if Baekhyun stared a few more it would seems that those eyes can ventured to the depth of your soul),a well toned body and the most that makes Baekhyun wanted to laugh out loud but he knew would be unappropriated would be those really huge ears that seems not fit with his other features. Those ears were also the first thing he saw but it will be nice not to laugh to the person who was willing to dive in the freezing water to save him right?

'' Are you that crazy or it was your undying wish to go in the water when its freaking winter? '',the man asked in a pressed voice making his already huge eyes become more huge.

And at that point Baekhyun let out the laughter he held earlier on after hearing how deep the man's voice was contras to his babyface. He fell back, ingnoring the sand that was gonna stick on his wet clothes and continued to laugh as if he depends on it.

After a couple of minutes,Baekhyun stopped laughing and tried to catch his breath. He looked at the man and saw how red he was when he realised he was being laughed at making Baekhyun instantly  felt bad. He wanted to oppologize but the man just gave a huge  gummy smile that shown his white straight teeth.

''I'm glad that I actually make you laughed but I think it would be nice if you stand up and dried yourself before catching a cold.'' The man said as he lend his hand to help Baekhyun. '' I only have a towel but it is already drenched because I went in the water with it so if we go to my house now probably we can get a dry towel each?''

Baekhyun blinked his eyes as the man continued to speak. For someone who he just meet,the huge eared man was surely friendly and talkative. Does it not bear in his mind that Baekhyun might probably be a serious killer on the run or a much clearer picture as a lunatic who decided to take a bath in freezing cold water to be invited to his home at first meet?

''Come on '' he gestured again before pulling Baekhyun up on his feet. He then pushed off the sand at the back of Baekhyun's damp shirt but was swatted away by the brunettes' hand. He might be friendly but still,Baekhyun hates touches.

They walked together side by side,water dripping from their clothes while their shoes continued to attach sand on it. Baekhyun grimaced at the feeling of sand all over his body and regretted lying on them beforehand. It was a long walk before Baekhyun started to wander when will they reached the man's house in which he realised the man might tricked him and might killed him when there was no person in sight but when he saw  a small house at the end of the beach,painted with pastel colors that warms your eyes was Baekhyun let out a relief breath. The man saw Baekhyun and let out a chuckle that sounds to deep for Baekhyun to even call it a light chuckle. 

 

Inside the house was a warm welcome filled with a few furniture, a fireplace that was currently on, a few hanged frames on the wall and a fluffy carpet lay nicely on the floor. The wall was painted with a light purple shade which was a calm for Baekhyun as he waited for the man to return in the living room. He wanted to stay outside to avoid getting the floor wet but the man insisted him to stay inside to avoid him from getting more colder. He stood beside the fireplace,warmth washed over his body when the man came back in a warm clothes  and handed Baekhyun a few clothes.

'' Here try on this. They are my old shirts that is not fit on me anymore but probably fit on you.'' He said as he gestured to the room next to the room which Baekhyun assumed to be his bedroom. '' You can try them there.''

Baekhyun came out from there room after wearing a wool shirt that hung loosely around his body. Even it may be unfit  for the man but gosh that was the only shirt that Baekhyun can wear then all the others that just slipped through his narrow shoulders. The shirt was already reaching his knees and he had to tighten the elastic band around his sweatpant to avoid it from falling down. Like seriously,how large can this man be?

The man turned around from the fireplace and gave a warm smile seeing Baekhyun walking towards him wearing those clothes that was really still too big for him. He gestured the brunette to sit on the bean bag he had placed beside him. 

When Baekhyun sat on it that he realised his bag being lay beside the fireplace,drying itself. He totally forgot about his beg earlier on and started to think when did the man brought the bag with him.

''I was holding the bag when we walked here incase you were wandering.'' 

As if knowing his question,the man answered as he walked out from the kitchen holding a tray filled with two cups and a teapot. He placed in on a table beside his seat and pour for the both cup before handing it one to Baekhun in which he accept grandly. ''Here''

They sat there in silent,slowly seeping tha warm tea and enjoying the fireplace. The man got up and went to the kitchen again to be back a second later bringing a box of cookies and handed them to Baekhyun. '' I made them myself '' he said proudly,the smile on his face lighten showing those straight teeth again.

Baekhyun looked in amusement before taking a piece. He want to cry in joy when the cookie basically melted in his mouth but probably it was only him exaggerating  the man's baking skill. He continued to take another and another until it  was finished alongside with the tea. And surely Baekhyun admitted it was the most pleasant tea had ever tasted before.