Love at 26th Sight

Brothers - Drabble Collection

 

 

“So, how was that party?” asked Woohyun’s mother.

 

The four of them were having breakfast together -- something they did quite often on Sundays -- and Woohyun choked a little on his rice when he heard her question.

 

“It was nice,” said Kibum, squeezing Woohyun’s thigh under the table.

 

The latter was having a coughing fit.

 

“I hope you took good care of your brother, Kibum. He can be so reckless sometimes…,” sighed Woohyun’s mother.

 

“Yah! Mom! I’m older than him!”

 

“Still. He is more responsible than you.”

 

Woohyun stuck his tongue out at his mother and started eating again. Kibum chuckled beside him, his hand still lingering on the elder’s thigh.

 

“So...did you meet any girls...or well, boys?” asked Kibum’s father, glancing at the two brothers.

 

Woohyun choked on his food once again and his mother sent him a curious look. Kibum rolled his eyes at the elder’s behaviour.

 

“Not really, I just spoke with a few people from school,” said Kibum, indifferent.

 

The younger’s father nodded, and then his eyes settled on Woohyun who had just calmed down, his face was now red. The elder didn't know how Kibum could lie so easily, especially to his own father.

 

“Hmm same. I mostly hanged out with Sungkyu,” said Woohyun.

 

He tried to sound as genuine as possible and it seemed to work, but Kibum’s father now had a thoughtful look on his face. Something was clearly wrong.

 

“I see...I heard some noises last night and I thought one of you came back with someone...I mean, Kibum you’re underage-”

 

“It was me, sorry. I brought some girl and I didn’t mean to wake you up. Sorry,” confessed Woohyun, awkwardly.

 

He panicked but it seemed to ease his stepfather’s mind. The man nodded and they started eating again in silence. Woohyun felt Kibum’s squeezed his thigh and as he glanced at the younger, he thought about how they could have gotten caught and how Kibum would be the death of him.


 

~


 

Later in the day, their parents left the house to go see some friends, and Woohyun and Kibum were left alone at home. Kibum had gone up to his room, while Woohyun decided to simply laze around on the couch.

Suddenly, someone rang the doorbell while Woohyun was flipping through a magazine his mother had left on the couch. He sighed as he stood up, heading lazily to the front door. He hoped it wasn’t important, because he felt too tired to hold a proper conversation -- probably because he was still hungover. He pulled the front door open and was met with a rather scrawny looking boy.

 

“Hello? Can I help you?” he said.

 

The boy -- who must have been around his age -- seemed a bit disappointed for some reason.

 

“I came to give this back to Kibum, he forgot it at the party last night,” said the boy, revealing a rather familiar jacket.

 

It was Kibum’s jacket. Oh...So that’s where it went…, thought Woohyun.

 

“Is Kibum here?” added the boy, hopeful.

 

There was a something in the boy’s eyes that Woohyun didn’t like. He didn't know what it was but he felt threatened and...jealous.

 

“No, he isn’t. But I can take this for him. Thank you, you can-”

 

“Can you tell him I came by?” asked the boy, interrupting Woohyun who was about to take the jacket and shut the front door.

 

“What’s your name?” asked Woohyun with a sigh.

 

“Bambam, I’m in some of Kibum’s classes.”

 

“Well, Bambam. Kibum is not single, so stay away from him, okay? And give me this,” said Woohyun coldly, taking the jacket out of the boy’s hands.

 

“Wait- what?” said Bambam, but Woohyun slammed the door shut in his face before he could say anything else.

 

He heaved a sigh and looked at the jacket pensively.

 

“Who was it? Oh! Why do you have my jacket?” asked Kibum, walking down the stairs.

 

Woohyun stared at him. Damn why is he always so beautiful...

 

“Hmm...err..I-I found it outside. Hmm it was the postman.” stuttered Woohyun.

 

He didn’t want to tell Kibum about that boy, he didn’t want him to look at anyone else. He knew his first plan had been to avoid his ‘brother’, but after what had happened at the party and afterwards...He just couldn’t do that anymore. He wanted to give in and see, see what would happen.

 

“It’s Sunday…”

 

“Oh you’re right!...That’s...that’s why he looked weird! Maybe he is a thief or something...who knows,” rambled Woohyun.

 

Even a fish could see that he was lying. I’m doomed…, he thought. Kibum would not believe him for sure.

 

“Right. Whatever. I don’t want to know. Give me this,” said Kibum as he walked up to the elder with his hand outstretched before him.

 

Woohyun gave him his jacket, heaving a relieved sigh internally.

 

“Thanks,” said Kibum with a smile, before leaning in and kissing Woohyun on the lips.

 

The kiss was tender and short, but Woohyun was already on cloud nine by the time the younger pulled away, a smirk adorning his rosy lips. He left Woohyun there in the entrance and walked back upstairs. The elder stared at Kibum’s retreating back and lost himself in his thoughts for a few seconds.

Suddenly, he jumped a bit, startled by his own phone buzzing in his pocket. He had a message from his bestfriend.

 

--

From Sungkyu

To Woohyun

 

You know there are rumors about you and Kibum now? Hahaha you better stop trying to get in his pants in public, man.

--

 

Woohyun cursed his bestfriend silently -- and also himself for being so reckless last night, and well, just now with that Bambam boy. Obviously people would have noticed them, mostly students from their university attended the party and a lot of them knew them already as brothers. And the way Woohyun and Kibum had acted yesterday was far from brotherly, it was more like lovers. But now it was too late, Woohyun didn’t know what they could do, so he silently hoped that people would forget about it. They would have to be careful from now on, Woohyun had never cared about people’s opinions but he didn’t want his mother -- and Kibum’s father -- to find out through gossips. Scratch that. He didn’t want them to find out at all.

 

“I’m so...so screwed,” he said outloud.



 

~


 

At night, about an hour or two after his parents went to bed, Woohyun quietly walked out of his room and tiptoed through the corridor, avoiding the squeaky floorboards. He reached Kibum’s room and opened the door as quietly as possible. He quickly walked into the room and closed the door behind him. The room was dark, but Woohyun was able to spot Kibum’s silhouette in the darkness and tiptoed towards him. The younger was apparently asleep, and Woohyun didn’t want to wake him up. He stealthily joined him under the covers and prayed that Kibum wouldn’t notice. Putting an arm around the younger’s waist, Woohyun snuggled up a bit closer to him and heaved a contented sigh. He couldn’t help but bury his nose in the younger’s hair, his scent was just too addicting.

 

“Yah, you can stay here but lemme sleep…” mumbled the younger, startling Woohyun.

 

The elder chuckled slightly and gave a peck to Kibum’s neck, before closing his eyes. He thought his life would be so much better if he could just be Kibum’s personal koala on a daily basis.

 

 


 

Hey, I'm finally back with an update haha

Hope you liked it~ 

There is nothing much happening here...I mean...not that much interractions. But don't worry, there will be more later hehe

This drabble was mostly focused on consequences and feelings haha

see ya

 

Minewnnie