Brother Complex

Brothers - Drabble Collection

 

 

-A few days later-

 

“Hey, Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun jumped a little, turning his chair around towards the door. Kibum was standing in the door frame, hip resting against the wood. Woohyun’s heart started pounding weirdly just by the sight of Kibum wearing skinny jeans and a shirt with a way too plunging neckline.

 

“Y-yeah?” asked Woohyun, his voice shaky.

 

They hadn’t talked in days -- well, Woohyun hadn’t talked to Kibum in days. The elder had been trying to avoid Kibum as much as possible since the last time when they had kissed. But the younger’s behaviour was troubling Woohyun, Kibum hadn’t done anything even though Woohyun had clearly been avoiding him. It was almost as if they had never even kissed.

 

“Someone told me there was a party tonight,” said Kibum, bringing Woohyun out of his thoughts.

 

“A...party?”

 

“Yeah, a party. That’s what you were looking for, right?” asked Kibum, raising a brow.

 

Woohyun wondered how Kibum could know that.

 

“Oh, yeah...But how did you know?”

 

“I ran into one of you friends today and he told me to tell you that.”

 

Right. Woohyun had asked everyone since he was slightly desperate.

 

“Are you going?” added Kibum.

 

The elder sent him a questioning look as he answered:

 

“Yeah, probably.”

 

“Great! I’m coming with you!” smiled Kibum.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. Kibum wanted to come with him, to come with him at a party, a party that was supposed to be his way of escape. He was really started to wonder what he had done in his previous lives to deserve that.

 

“We should go shopping!”

 

Woohyun sighed internally. Not only would he have to attend a party with Kibum, but he would also have to spend the whole afternoon before that with him. He was clearly doomed and he knew he wouldn’t be able to say no.

 

“Is it really necessary?”

 

Kibum stared at him as if he was stupid.

 

“Of course it’s necessary. Look at you. We’re leaving in five minutes,” said Kibum before turning around and walking out of the room.

 

Woohyun frowned. Did he just criticise his clothes? He looked at his outfit and heaved a sigh. It was true that his choice of clothes for today was terrible, but it wasn’t like he had anything planned. It was the weekend and he wasn’t supposed to go out, so he was only wearing sweats along with an old t-shirt. He knew how to dress properly when he needed to. But he couldn’t say no to Kibum anyway, and he still had hope that even if they were going to the same party it didn’t mean that they would stay glued to each other. He sighed once again as he stood up. He took a look inside of his wardrobe and quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a better t-shirt. He pocketed his phone as he walked down the stairs. Kibum was already waiting for him, he had put on a jacket and was smiling shyly at him. Woohyun felt as if they were going on a date, and tried to stay calm and to see this as a shopping trip between brothers -- or friends.

 

“Can we go?” asked Kibum, bringing Woohyun out of his thoughts once again.

 

“Yeah,” said Woohyun with a nervous smile.

 

They walked out of the house and silently headed to the bus stop. Woohyun didn’t know what to say, especially since he couldn’t stop thinking about the less-than-innocent kiss.

 

As the bus arrived, it was so packed that they had a hard time getting on it. It was the rush hour and even though it was the weekend, a lot of people were taking public transportation. Woohyun bought two tickets and grabbed Kibum’s wrist as he walked inside the bus. There was obviously no vacant seat, but he managed to find a small empty corner at the back. Woohyun propped himself up against the window and faced Kibum. He noticed that he was still holding the younger’s wrist, but he didn’t seem to mind apparently. The second thing Woohyun noticed was how close they were. They were way too close for comfort, but fortunately for him, Kibum’s eyes were staring outside. Woohyun was able to study him peacefully, the younger was just so beautiful and Woohyun was sick of holding back. He just wanted to give it a try and see where it would go. He let his hand slide down Kibum’s arm and took the latter’s hand in his, intertwining their fingers. He looked away just as Kibum’s eyes fell on him. His heart was pounding loudly, the sound deafening, his blood boiling. Kibum didn’t let go, but squeezed Woohyun’s hand, making the elder smiled unconsciously.

 

When the bus stopped at another bus stop, more and more people got on it. Kibum had to squeeze himself against Woohyun, and they were now almost hugging. The elder didn’t really mind and put his free hand on Kibum’s hip, just in case. The rest of the journey went by in a blur.

 

~

 

Once they were at the mall, Woohyun followed Kibum quietly, still holding his hand. Kibum brought him to many different shops and made him try on several clothes, trying to find the best jeans to “make his looks good”. Kibum’s words, not Woohyun’s. In short, that outing was both mentally and physically tiring for Woohyun, but the worst thing was whenever Kibum asked Woohyun to give his opinion about something the younger had tried on. Woohyun had a hard time being unbiased.

 

“I think I will take those pants and the t-shirt we saw earlier,” finally said Kibum after three long hours.

 

Woohyun was already holding three plastic bags full of clothes. He now had enough clothes to party every weekends for weeks without the need to wear the same thing twice. They went to the check out, and then Kibum brought Woohyun to a small café, since the younger was craving a cappuccino.

 

“Sit down, I’m gonna order,” said Woohyun to Kibum, holding out the plastic bags.

 

Kibum nodded with a smile and took the bags, before looking around for a table. Fortunately, the café was not that crowded at this hour of the day. Woohyun ordered a cappuccino for Kibum and an iced coffee for himself, as well as two muffins. Once his order was made, he paid and joined Kibum at the table. He sat down across from the younger and put the tray on the table.

 

“Thanks,” said Kibum shyly, before taking a sip of his cappuccino.

 

They drank and ate in silence. They still hadn’t talked about the kiss, and Woohyun was getting frustrated. He threw a few glances at the younger once in a while, but Kibum’s eyes were either fixed on his muffin or on his phone. Woohyun heaved a sigh as he stared at the content of his glass.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Kibum.

 

Woohyun looked up and saw that the younger was now staring at him questioningly. Maybe now was the moment...

 

“We need to talk,” said Woohyun, a bit too solemn perhaps seeing as Kibum’s eyes widened.

 

“Okay, go on,” said the younger as he sat up.

 

Woohyun looked away, biting his lip nervously. It was now or never.

 

“The kiss we shared...What does it mean to you?” he asked without looking at Kibum, his fingers fiddling with the fabric of his jeans.

 

A very he

avy silence settled as Woohyun cursed himself internally. He should have known better, he should have know Kibum wouldn’t answer such a stupid question. Maybe he was the only one who actually felt something.

 

“Forget it. It was a stupid question. We should head back home,” he said, standing up, his eyes avoiding Kibum’s.

 

Kibum said nothing and stood up as well, gathering his things. They divided up the bags before they left the mall to take the bus. The journey went by in silence and without any shared looks. But once they had gotten off the bus, Kibum grabbed Woohyun’s wrist to stop him, forcing the elder to face him. Woohyun looked at Kibum in the eyes for the first time since the incident at the café, but Kibum was avoiding his eyes and was staring at the floor.

 

“The kiss...It means...what it means...You know I don’t just kiss anyone,” spat out the younger, frowning.

 

He was finally looking at Woohyun, and the latter couldn’t help but laugh at Kibum’s pouty face.

 

“Of course, Mr. USA,” said Woohyun, grabbing Kibum’s free hand in his.

 

He intertwined their fingers once again, the gesture feeling more and more natural. Kibum didn’t say anything and let the elder guide him to their house. When they pulled open the front door, Woohyun’s mother was cleaning the entrance and smiled at them when she saw them together. Her smile widened once she noticed that they were holding hands, making Woohyun blush. He didn’t let go of the younger’s hands -- loving it a bit too much -- and Kibum feigned ignorance, simply greeting her.

 

“I’m happy to see that you are getting along, it’s the first time I see you two hold hands willingly. When you were little, it was always so hard to have you two on the same picture, even more so next to each other. I’m really happy that you are finally behaving like real brothers,” said Woohyun’s mother.

 

Woohyun’s face lost his colour, meanwhile Kibum burst out laughing, his hand shaking in Woohyun’s hold. Like real brothers. Woohyun really hated those words.

 

“Mom, don’t get your hopes up. I’m a Nam and Kibum is not my brother!” groaned Woohyun, pulling a still laughing Kibum with him upstairs.

 

He stopped walking in front of Kibum’s room and stared at him with a pout. He didn’t think it was funny.

 

“Stop pouting, you big baby. Anyway, I gotta go and study,” said Kibum as he grabbed his plastic bags from Woohyun and pulled open his door.

 

But Woohyun wasn’t inclined to let the younger go this easily. He needed to make it up for laughing. He grabbed the younger’s wrist and forced him to turn around, pecking him lightly on the lips. He smirked and winked, leaving Kibum speechless.

 

“You better make it up for it at the party,” said Woohyun suggestively.

 

He then let go of the younger and headed to his one bedroom without letting Kibum say anything. He smiled as he settled on his bed. The day had been quite good in the end, and it was still not over. He grabbed his phone and sent a text to his bestfriend.

 

From Woohyun

To Sungkyu


Are you going to the party tonight? I’m going with Kibum.

 

From Sungkyu

To Woohyun

 

Wooow wooow. I think there are a lot of things we need to talk about you and I! Of course I’m coming! You know how much I love uous relationship, right? I need to see this for real.

 

From Woohyun

To Sungkyu

 

I hate you so much.

 

Woohyun sighed loudly, cursing everyone for reminding him that legally Kibum and him were brothers. He felt as if everyone was against him.

He looked at the time and saw that he still had a few hours before the party would start, and decided to take a small nap.

 

 

~

 

When it was almost time for the party, Woohyun was already fully clothed and waiting in the entrance. He had put on a pair of slightly ripped skinny jeans -- as Kibum as told him -- and a simple black tank top with a black leather jacket on top. He was waiting patiently for Kibum, fiddling with his jeans pockets. All of a sudden, he heard footsteps coming from the stairs, and turned around. He gasped as he saw the younger walking down the stairs. Kibum was wearing a pair of grey skinny leather pants alors with a black mesh shirt that let little to nothing to the imagination. He was also wearing a black leather jacket on top. Woohyun didn’t even remember seeing the younger wearing that before. He looked up and saw that Kibum had also put on some eyeliner. Woohyun was definitely doomed.

 

 


 
Hello ~ Sorry if I take long to update~ sometimes I forget and time flies >.< 
So, what do you think? :) 
See you soon~ 
 
Minewnnie