Cats make the world a better place

For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cats make the world a better place

Description: Maybe that lost cat you found in your home is the cupid in disguise.

Author's note: This makes me laugh because Chanyeol is such an animal lover in real life (sometimes I think he's a furry) yet the total opposite in this au.

 

Chanyeol was sitting by his desk when he heard the annoying purr of Sara, his neighbor's cat. He growled as he turned back and saw the orangish caramel colored cat making it's way inside his apartment with slow steps. He narrowed his eyes and Sara made ogle wide eyes back at him, giving him the innocent look.  

“Uh…no. No cats allowed. Nothing furry.” he said as he got up and picked it by the waist between his thumb and index finger like it was something dirty.

“Meow...” it whimpered a little as he walked out, and saw it's owner searching for it - Kitty, his neighbor. It was pretty weird that the owner was named Kitty while the cat had a more human name. Anyhow, right now he just wanted to get rid of it. 

“Sara! Where are you baby?!” she called as she looked around hastily.

She then stopped right in her tracks as her eyes found Chanyeol giving her a grumpy face while holding Sara in a really messy way.

”Oh my God! That's not how you hold a cat!” she complained as she ran towards them and took Sara into her arms, brushing it’s fur with care.

“Not my problem. What is your cat doing at my door?” he asked and she shot up, batting her blue eyes at him while thinking. 

“She...might have lost her way.” she said not sure herself.

Chanyeol folded his arms. He stared at Kitty with knitted brows, and then at Sara, who was staring back at him like it was recognizing him.

“Whatever. Make sure it doesn't cross this path the next time.” he made it clear and bammed the door close.

It's not that Chanyeol hates cats, he just doesn't like others cats to come in his house. Or those others themselves. Quite a shy guy under all those angry growls.

“Rude.” Kitty muttered with disappointment as she made her way back while kissing Sara's ears.

 

…………………………

 

The next day, at the same time when he was at his desk making a presentation for his work proposal, Sara jumped in through the window and he jumped back in surprise.

“Holy sh— geez! Don't scare me like that you little troll!” he scolded it and it only meowed softly. Just then Chanyeol noticed a little photograph between it's teeth.  He bent down and tried to take it out, but Sara was persistent. “Oh stubborn huh?” he narrowed his eyes and it meowed again.

As much as he was not used to it, he slowly and softly patted it's back. Sara sat down and allowed him to do so and he then started brushing it’s fur. When it was comfortable enough, he snatched the picture out of it's mouth.

“Gimme this now! Hey...isn't it — that's me!” He chimed as he saw a small cut out of his picture, one he had lost last month after Kitty came to borrow sugar. “Why do you have it?” He asked and it just meowed. “Oh great, ofcourse you can't answer me except meows and purrs and big doe eyes.” he muttered as he examined the picture, which was weirdly for him, cut out in a heart shape. He turned it around and saw cutiepie written behind in cursive. He thought for long and then something made sense to him. 

“Is it Kitty's?”

Not sure if he should take the meow as a yes or no but anyhow Sara meowed and he nodded without really understanding anything.

“So now I know where did this picture went missing last month....or more like with whom.” a corner of his lip curved up in a smirk.

 

................................................

 

The next day after that Sara came back and this time it had a small diary it carried tightly between it’s tiny but strong teeth. This time Chanyeol welcomed it and gave it a soft cusion to play with while he read the contents of it. The first page had Kitty's name in big cursive handwriting like the one on the photo's back. After that were daily records. Most of them were written with pink ink and had hearts all over.

He found out the special pink craftsmanship was all for him when he started reading,

June 22

It's a hot day and Chanyeol isn't helping with all his hotness. Anyhow, I saw him outside in the garden playing with aunt Jooni's kid and he looked quite happy. His laughter is r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter