Another Journey Wasted

For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another Journey Wasted

Description: Maybe a ruined trip doesn't always mean it has been wasted too.

Author's note: This was a very weird oneshot for me haha...maybe because I wrote it thinking more about the feelings in those specific moments than focusing on what was happening. Don't go on the name, it was just for aesthetics.

 

     “Will you stop for a moment?” I whined. 

Not that he listened to me since the past two weeks anyway. He just goes and does what he wants. And currently he’s doing that again. Luhan just walked ahead of me without showing any sign of fatigue.

He shook his head and gave me an eye roll when I huffed and bent down.

     “Oh it’s not like we’ll actually reach the end of the mountain in one day anyway.” I made a face back and he turned around and walked with an even more fast pace like he wanted to prove me wrong.

I tried to make my breathing normal by heavy intakes. I struggled to walk a little more even though my legs hurt so much after walking all night, and somehow managed to sit on the big rock. It felt so good to sit here on top of this rock at this high altitude of this tall mountain. The view was splendid. I could clearly see everything down below in the valley, even our tour buses parked down and the hiking campaign’s office. To my right there were some shepherds grazing their sheep and goats and not far away the straw houses of the farmers. The weather was pleasant and the wind was cold at this height but the sky filled with those fluffy clouds was another whole topic to talk about. It was such a fascinating experience and I was thankful once again that I decided to join the college trek trip.

By college, I saw three of my classmates climbing from 11’o clock south direction. They were pretty exhausted as well and needed their sticks to support themselves for walking.

     “Hey…Rita…” the girl among them greeted but it didn’t sound right. She could barely breathe.

     “Hey. Good morning.” I said, massaging my own calves that were aching.  

     “What are you doing here all alone?” the taller boy asked. I never liked him, he’s either actually plain dumb or according to me he ends up being one.

     “I’m not alone Kris…do you see Luhan over there?” I pointed behind me and he mouthed an ‘o’ for longer than he should.

     “He’ quite irritating, isn’t he? I mean just leaving you here and walking solo.” the girl asked back.

     “He is. You’re lucky you weren’t paired up with him.” I nodded.

     “You can always change your partners you know? Why don’t you come with us?” the smaller, more petite boy asked with an inviting smile.

I looked back and watched him go on on his own, heading towards the pine trees farther up the mountain. I shake my head.

     “He…this guy can’t look after himself. If I leave with you guys, he can’t even cook himself proper food. I’ll stay with him I guess.” I told them.

     “Are you sure you wanna stay with him?” Kris asked and I nodded.

     “Yeah.”

     “Aww.” The girl did this and I raised a brow in question.

     “Anyways, there are only three days left.” I explained them further and they all pouted.

     “It’s ending so soon.” The girl said to the shorter one.

     “Yeah. So we’ll be hiking up towards East. Later, Rita.” He said and I nodded, waving them a bye.

I turned back again and saw that Luhan has walked pretty far and the distance will take me a run to cover. I cursed him under my breath and started hiking again.

 

…………………

 

It was night when he finally decided to settle down. The sky was filled with scattered stars on the dark vastness. Except the little flickering lights from the village houses nearby, there wasn’t much light to see but he somehow build up the tent even with this much bleakness. It was quiet and eery, the only sound was that of the rustling wind.

     “This place is not suitable to make a camp.” I said by folding my arms.

     “I have decided and we will rest here.” He said, not bothering to look at me as he switched on the lantern and heater in the center of the tent.

     “It’s so far from the zone. The guide strictly said to stay near the East. I don’t even know where we are.”

     “I do. We’re settling here and that’s final.”

     “But—”

     “If you’re really that scared then why don’t you take your belongings and join your crew?” he said with a raise of the brow and I wanted to punch him for being this cocky.

I would but I’m actually really scared to trek alone during night among the forest. Since I couldn’t win over him I grunted and threw my bag next to his, helping him with the food.

By the time we were finished with eating and cleaning up it got cold. Maybe it was because of the chilly wind. Both of us shifted near the heater in a squatted position while hugging our knees. He brought forth his headphones and started listening to his stupid rock music that I was able to hear clearly. Just how loud did he needed it to be?

I could have reached out to grab my book too but it was inside the last pocket of my bag which was burdened under his and was qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter