Crave

For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crave

Description: This one shot was heavily isnpired by this poem.

Author's note: This one shot was originally written for a writing contest. I have no idea what this is.....

 

I don't like dark rooms because I can't see him clearly if it's dark. However, he glows. His beauty out shines any light and blinds me. But I don't mind that. I still stare at him, because even his unmoving figure is more beautiful to look at than any famous artist's masterpiece. His every feature so perfect I'm sure nature itself is jealous and complains to God everyday. I can't believe he is mine. He is almost like a beautiful dream. 

 

I don't know if it's me who loves him so dearly or he, maybe it's the both of us, but it sometimes feels that one of the sides has more passion. A burning passion. And I often think it's mine, because I am obsessed with everything that is him. With him. 

 

“Have I ever told you about how handsome you are?” I asked, turning towards him as we lay down on my bed, and he softly chuckled, not breaking his stare from the ceiling.

 

“Yes...yes. Everyday.” he answered and I smiled to myself, knowing that my feelings do reach him.

 

“Well...let me tell you again. Kai, you are the most handsome man I have ever laid my eyes upon.” I praised him in a whisper and he chuckled again, his little cackle echoing through the empty room and my heart. He finally shifted his eyes from the ceiling to me and I could see his face from a better angle. 

 

The face I can stare at for eternity. His lips twitched up into a mere smile as he stared into my eyes. It always felt so attacking when he looked at me directly like that as if he knew I cannot handle his stare, as if he could hear my racing heart, my pacing pulse, the blood rush inside me. And if I am correct about him knowing this, then he is wicked. 

 

As weird as it would sound, his dark caffeine colored eyes always made me sleepy. Those orbs gave me such a state of peace. I tried to look away from his dominating star and my eyes landed on his lips. The plum lips that were still stretched into a smile. I traced them with my index finger and they still felt so soft, softer than a rose petal when it blooms. He tried to bite my finger and I instantly withdrew it. He chuckled and I could not help but do the same. 

 

“I might start charging you.” he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

 

“What for?” I asked.

 

“For touching me like that.”

 

“How is that inappropriate?” I asked again and he just shook his head.

 

“The reason doesn't matter. From now on, I will put some restrictions on you.”

 

I stayed silent. My face tensed. 

 

“You know I wouldn’t live anymore if you do that.” I finally answered. Not that it was false. I would really die if I don't look at him. If I don't touch him. If his existence is to ever be taken away from my life. 

 

His smiled again, pulling me closer by the waist, our face just inches away. “I know. That is why I'm certain you will never be able to leave me.” he told me and I snuggled closer to him, burying my face inside his chest.

 

He was so correct. Kai possessed me. He possessed my thoughts. He possessed my heart. He was in everything about me. But I didn't mind that. Because I loved him. So dearly I didn't mind anything he did to me. Because I knew he would never do me any harm. There wasn't just an obsession, I also trusted him so much.

 

I interlocked my hand with his. His slender and skinny fingers fixed with mine like a puzzle. His hand long and lean, covering up my own small one. I could even stare at them the whole day without purpose. I brought his hand closer and kissed his knuckles, one by one. His skin was almond in complexion and bronze in daylight under the shimmering sun. Everything about him is so perfect. I can still not believe he was all just mine.  

 

I looked back into his eyes and found him staring at me. I could see the love back and not any less. He loved me too, dearly, I could tell that just by the way he looked at me. I don't know if you can really decipher it this way but just his actions were enough to tell me I'm not the only one who is paralyzed in his thoughts.

 

He brushed my strand aside, blowing air on my forehead and I chuckled by the ticklish feeling. He knew it anytime – he knew how to cheer me up. Even if I would be going through a really hard day, he just knew what he had to do to put that smile on my face. 

 

“How do you do that?” I asked.

 

“I just can.” he answered.

 

“But how? Can you read my mind?”

 

“No…I can see through you.” he said with a playful smile and I lightly punched his arm. “And am I not always correct?” he asked. I smiled with a little nod, staring at him, his face.

 

“Yes... indeed... you are... you always are.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Honey, come down for a minute.” Mom called from downstairs. I turned a little towards the door and then lazily turned back towards him. 

 

“I have to go.” I said.  He still didn't let go of me. I gently pushed him aside getting up and he caught my arm. “I have to go.” I repeated and he shook his head adorably. “I'll be back – soon.” I said again and managed to release my hand. He pouted and because I knew this expression of his would be successful in stopping me, I rushed out and down the stairs.

 

 

 

“I just need you to hand me that box.” my mom said pointing to a carton box on the other side of the kitchen while standing on a ladder next to the cabinet. I followed her instruction and lifted up the heavy box of porcelain plates to her and she placed it on top of the cabinet. “New crockery, bought it yesterday.” she informed and I nodded. 

 

“Anything more?” I asked looking around the kitchen. She quietly stared at me with her arms folded and I raised a playful brow in question. 

 

“Honey...what were you doing upstairs?” she asked.

 

“I was with Kai.” I an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter