BLOG NUMBER TWO: KEVIN

WISHFUL THINKING

 

 

ON ACCOUNT OF STARDOM: DEADBEAT AND CHARMED

 

 

Eli’s pissed at Tumblr. Couldn’t blame him though since I only got the hang of it after about two hours of fiddling with the various buttons, wrong clicking some things and nearly deactivating. And since I have it now, Eli made me write something(or else), and have my way with words(in English of course, since I don’t think this site allows Hangul). He handed me he password with such relief that it might as well been the key to his shackles(I like that, it’s called metaphor).

 

 

Since I don’t know what I should say while Eli is behind me watching every letter I type in, I might as well tell something that should prevent him from hitting me upside the head at any time of the day.

 

Here it is.

 

So, when Eli shouted, “Hey, hey Kevin! Check this out!”, I should have known it wasn’t anything remotely ego-boosting. Well, it was in a way, but –you’ll know what I mean. We actually started out pretty normally: wake up, log in to Twitter, greet the world, that kind of stuff.

 

That was until 귱재형decided it was fun to check out publications about us. Personally, I find that quite disturbing since more often thatn not, we encounter fanfictions(which could have been acceptable if they weren’t bromance, if you know what I mean) that tend to get way out of this world or articles about things we just did. It’s not like I’m complaining. It’s pretty damn flattering when you think about it.

 

I left him scrolling down along a search engine, meaning to grab something to eat before gulping down cough medicine(yeah, I’ve got the sniffles), but I ended up having nothing since it turned out Dong Ho or someone else cleaned out the fridge again. Soohyun-hyung was laughing with Kiseop on the counter and they covered their mouths and noses as soon as I got within ranged, making a cross sign with their arms. I practically shouted at them that I had sniffles, and not the Avian flu, but they just collapsed in laughter as soon as I did. You can probably imagine how I live by now.

 

Hey, it’s not like I’m complaining, but I’m a jerk-off living with six other jerk-offs, and I have to put up with this kind of bedlam everyday.

 

Needless to say, I walked back out, thoroughly disgusted. Anyway, that’s when Eli started shouting at me, pointing at something on his screen.

 

It was a Tumblr blog(Eli has a Tumblr, yeah?) that looked sort of retro and bubbly. I asked him if it was a girl and he pointed at the picture and the link box.

 

<hannahalexialestrange.tumblr.com/post/12238805739/confessionsofafangirl>

 

Pretty fancy(not to mention long)link name if you ask me.

 

“What is it about?”I asked him. I was practically bracing myself for a mind-shattering fanfiction that would make me wish I haven’t signed up to be an idol. His answer though, was to read out the title: Confessions of a Reluctant Fangirl to her First Superstar.i wondered how anyone could be a reluctant fangirl. Those two words seemed pretty ironic to me. “It’s pretty hilarious,” Eli continued. “I mean, you should read it yourself.”He’d motioned at me to do so.

 

You probably think I didn’t, because I have no time for such things and crap like that(I’m not saying it’s crap though), but of course, I did. I was basically dying of curiosity as to what could arouse that kind of interest from Eli. I should have known he was up to something because afterwards, he showed the whole group an in-depth presentation of my reactions, using a marker and pieces of paper.

 

(And yes, Eli I had to mention that incredibly lame medium, because it would make this blog more interesting.)

 

Eli was already laughing at me when I looked back up at him. Maybe because as far as I’m concerned, I looked both thoroughly self-contented and affronted. Somehow the blog’s rant about the author’s ‘reluctant fangirling’ made sense. In fact, it was entertaining to an extent. Refreshing, perhaps. I’ve never heard of anyone insulting me before.

 

Which brings me to my point.

 

I don’t usually write blogs. In fact, this isn’t even my blog, as I’ve mentioned before. See the address? It says ukisseli.tumblr.com. that says one thing, doesn’t it?

 

But then here I am borrowing Eli’s Tumblr account just so I can say what I think of that other blog. She so brazenly posted her name and Twitter account, but I don’t think those would properly tell her anything.

 

Anyway, let me just finish this off now, it’s late and we’ve got rehearsals tomorrow. Even Eli’s sleeping by now. He left me about half an hour ago.

 

Until next time, I guess.

우성현



 

POSTED Thursday January  19th



 

"Pretty impressive, Kevin," Eli muttered after reading the whole thing to Soohyun, Dong Ho and Hoon in Korean the next day. I was making a face the whole time, since he never said anything about the others actually knowing what i wrote. 

Soohyun was laughing his off at being called a jerk-off, if you can believe that. "You should have seen the look on your face when we made the warding-off sign," he said in between bursts of laughter. "Precious!"

"Oh, come on!" I walked out into the kitchen, probably looking as lousy as i felt.

 

"This is so going on Twitter!"



 

E/N: Watcha think??????? ^^

COMMENT COMMENT!