WINGING IT

WISHFUL THINKING

 

 

Frm: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Cc: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Korea

         Before you start going on about my lack of emailing skills, here I am emailing you. Now Veni sent me a copy of your Exchange Student invitation to Korea Kent, and I do think it’s a big opportunity. Since it’s all-expense paid, I guess you can go. But be careful, okay? I’ll call on Saturday and we can talk about it.

Mom

P.S. Jamie is going to stay with your cousins. Make him.



 

Main was screaming. I guess I should have anticipated such a reaction from her, taking into consideration how incredibly hooked she is to anything Korean.

“Hey, chill.” I held up my hands and tried to stop her from continuing the infernal screech.

She took a breath and stopped for a second. “But you’re going to Korea!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Ever since they talked to my mom about my getting that letter from Korea Kent International High School, she and Veni had been on my back. Aside from the fact that Hero seemed pretty pleased with himself about it as if he had anything to do with it(he seems to think so though). I flung the letter on her bed and followed it, burying my face on the comforter. “No big deal. It’s not like I’m going there to stalk your Kpop stars or anything.”

She was still screaming. And was in the middle of shrieking my ears off when her dad poked his head in. “Main, what is that?” he asked. When Main still didn’t stop, he muttered at me. “Ax, please tell her to stop. I’m starting to have a splitting headache.” Then added, “And by the way, Veni’s here.”

I nodded and slapped Main’s arm as Veni walked in. “Yah! Ssikeureo!” Hey, shut up. Then in rapid Korean, which they couldn’t quite understand how I managed to master, “If you don’t stop I’m going to tell your Dad AND your brother every single thing you did-” Main stopped screaming and covered my mouth while I was still spewing rapid Korean. “I get the point!” Then she turned to Veni. “Hey, Veni. We just got a reply from Aunt Em.”

“For sure?” Her eyes widened and she squealed in earnest.

I rolled my eyes. “Here we go again.”

The airport was packed.

I looked around, trying to make sense of the whole bizarre scape. Professor Mike walked alongside me, Hero and three other seniors as we pushed our carts toward the gates. I’d just left Main and Veni behind the glass walls and I’m feeling pretty darn nervous right now. It’s not like  it’s my first time to ride a damn plane, but I’m pretty damn sure it’s my first time to ride the business class. Classy.

“What are you so quiet about?” Hero peeked at me.

I raised an eyebrow. “Stop the good guy act, Oddyssey. It’s not you.”

“Fine.”

I handed my boarding pass to the girl on the gate and left him and my other companions to the mercy of the long straight cave to the entrance of the plane.

I didn’t give anyone the chance to talk to me anymore. I laid back on my chair and closed my eyes. I have approximately five hours before we touch down in SK. Hopefully this goes better than my pessimistic little fantasy. 



 

this chapter's kinda lame. but exciting is on the way! btw, sorry for the forever hiatus :3