MY LIFE IS THE BEST…NOT

WISHFUL THINKING

i've been so darn busy i actually didn't have time to update till now XD. well, never mind, her ya go!


(FOUR MONTHS LATER)

“Dear Stupid Blog,

Summers in the Philippines are the best.

But then, most people think their summers are the best although it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s always going to be too hot or too cold or too humid or too –whatever it is. Hell, if any of those claims were true, no one, and I mean absolutely NO ONE would be flying all the way to Fiji or something. But since it’s a free country(world?) and such illusions present a subtle escape from one’s reality, why don’t we let ourselves at it, right?

Too bad I’m not one of those people. Oh, it’s not like I hate the Philippines. I agree, it’s a paradise, one way or another. But if you’ve been looking at the same paradise for the last seventeen years of your life, you’d have to agree it can get pretty revolting.

Can you tell what kind of person I am yet? Well, if you can’t, I’m obviously openly cynical –and painfully average at that. I’m short(like short for my age), I’m normal-looking(which arguably means I’m pretty enough not to be considered fugly), I have no particular inclination to sports, I can’t play any instrument if it could save my life4, but I at least could boast about being in Meriden Art Institute, where I’m currently studying Creative Writing. That pretty much sums up my lame life.

Speaking of lame, that’s what I’m being, just because I’m starting this stupid CW 101 summer assignment early(professor Brian, if you’re reading this, you did tell us to ‘connect to our peer group’, okay?). apparently college people consider doing homework a crime…”

“Axelle!”

I look around the lunchroom, ignoring the stares of the other students.

I spotted my lifetime bestfriends just as they walked through the tables beside mine. Veni  and Mae Anne –both my total opposites. Veni Vici de Guzman was tall, slim and built like a model. Many people say so out loud. I often wonder if  she will really end up that way. She’s from the dance department, by the way. Aside from being varsity cheerleader. On the other hand, Mae Anne Tracy was more average –but with a twist. She’d sport different hairstyles, changing it everytime the season changes(she bases it on the quarter seasons). And her clothes –don’t even get me started. She has ABSOLUTELY everything in that walk-in closet of hers.

You might be asking what the three of us have in common. An honest answer? EVERYTHING ELSE.

One of those is music. Have you ever heard of KPop? If not, they’ll be the people to ask. Hey. I’m into it too(since last summer), but I’m more of a closet fan. It would probably sound weird for a writer to be a KPop fan anyway.

“What’s up?” I said as they sat down in front of me, closing my laptop.

“Same old,” Mae Anne answered, adjusting the nerd glasses she has on. Today, she was wearing an oversized shirt over black opaque stockings and riding boots. She looked at me inquisitively and with a slight wince.

“Hero was asking for you.” Veni was perfect as ever, gobbling down a cheeseburger. Now you’d be asking how she can eat something like that so casually. Beats me.

I made a face. “Hero never asks for me.”

“Well, he just did,” Veni answered.

“No, he didn’t,” I maintained. “He wouldn’t. for heaven’s sake, he SENDS someone over to tell me about a meeting. He ASKS someone to text me.” I huffed. “It’s all so lame. It’s like I have a contagious disease or something.”

Veni sighed. “Just because he’s your ex doesn’t mean you have to be bitter about it, you know.”

I brought my milk carton down with such force that they both started. “Firstly, he is not my ex. And secondly, I’m not bitter. It just pisses me off that he doesn’t even seem to want to respect me as a person.”

“And if he did?”

“Then maybe I can stop being a complete about things,” I finished with a certain finality that they learned not to contest.

Mae Anne cleared . I turned to her, a little irritably.

“Can I change the subject?” she asked. “Before you start bawling or something.”

“Fine,” I grumbled although I was glad she did. Or else I’d just continue ing around about random things until I got tired of it.

Mae Anne looked apprehensive. “What are you wearing?”

I rolled my eyes.

“Seriusly.”

I tried my best to look offended, but we’ve been through this discussion so many times that it was impossible to take it seriously anymore. I looked down at my outfit –the usual shirt-jeans-chucks ensemble I always wore. “What about it?”

“I can’t believe my bestfriend wears nothing but shirts and jeans everyday,” she muttered.

“Well, I do wear something underneath…” I muttered, making Veni snort and Mae Anne sigh in exasperation.

“You’re hopeless,” she said.

“You always say that, Main,” Veni intercepted. It was still a puzzle to the three of us as to why and when we started calling her Main.

Mae Anne(why don’t we call her Main after this?) glanced at me begrudgingly. “I wish you’d get  boyfriend.”

“What’s that got to do with things?”

“Maybe then you’d start dressing properly.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

“Maybe we should find her one,” Veni suggested.

“No way!” I exclaimed, making a cross mark with my forefingers. “Hell no. I’ll only end up getting syuck with a damn KPop star.” They knew I meant it as a joke, but they both looked thoroughly offended. So you see, having two bestfriends who are in deadly addiction to KPop is no walk in the park. I knew they both fantasize about those Korean guys, while I’m quite content to keep my range to normal, English-speaking people(although admittedly, I do speak Korean).

“Don’t judge,” Veni muttered pulling at my bangs. “Or maybe you’d only want pretty boy with you?”

I cringed at the memory of the blog I’d written some time ago. “Not judging here.”

Suddenly Main nudged me. “Hero.”

I made a face. “Are you trying to mock me?”

She snickered. “No, I meant Hero is behind you.”

I turned to face the boy in question. Still, as ever, he never fails to appear sardonic to my eyes. My face must have clearly shown that his presence was unwanted because the smile on his face faltered.

“Yes?” I asked, putting on a face that made one think I was speaking to an extremely insolent kid.

“Umm…” He looked at me like my nose had suddenly grown out of proportion.

I held my palms out in an expression of confusion.

“Director Blaise sent for us.”

My mouth dropped open. Why would the school director be looking for me right at the last day of semester? It couldn’t be anything good.


Watcha think????

comment ^^