FIVE

The Partnership
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finally, the day has come. Today is the very day we will be launching our products. I can’t help but feel very nervous, in fear of this whole thing not going well, but Sehun was gracious and patient enough to keep me calm throughout the day.

 

“Everything’s going to be fine, you don’t have to worry okay.” Sehun cooed gently, his hands rubbing my back soothingly. I sighed into his touch, feeling pretty much in content. “Besides,” He continued, “even if our products failed this time, we’re still not giving up. Failing is part of the procedure in business, we all fail once in awhile.”

 

The corner of my lips slowly formed into a frown, or more like a scowl –a soft one though, hating how Sehun is always right. I grumbled out a soft “true” before breathing out loud again.

 

Sehun caught my word and this time, his lips curled up into a smirk, “Don’t worry, I got your back. You can always lean on me you know.” He emphasized his last sentence by propping his shoulders upwards, letting me lean on his shoulders ‘literally’.

 

I rolled my eyes. He is after all cocky.

 

“No but seriously, don’t you think we need to get going now? Everyone’s in the store already, we’re going to be late!” I urged, pulling his arm slightly to make him stand up.

 

Since the day we planned of our new product, we have decided that we purchase our own store specially for these shoes. The previous plan was to place these shoes on each of our shops, meaning that we’d start advertising by selling these shoes in my shop and Sehun’s shop separately. But then, Sehun pointed out that by doing this, it won’t attract as much customer as having our own shared shop, since the hype won’t be as huge as people finding out there’s a new shop opening in one of the streets in Gangnam. We did rethink our plans and agreed to Sehun’s point. And thus, our shop is made! We bought a vacant space located in one of the streets in Gangnam and finished furnishing it by three days ago. Yesterday, all our crews worked together in decorating the shop and putting all the finishing touches. Sehun made sure that everything was working well and we were finally ready for the grand opening.

 

Right now, most of my crew and Sehun’s were already in the shop, getting ready, while us, we were still slouching on the couch in Sehun’s office –or more like Sehun is and I’m here busy trying to pull him up. All my efforts were gone to waste as he was really heavy and more like, he was strongly resisting my pull. I groaned slightly annoyed.

 

Sehun finally gave in, chuckling in delight as he watched me trying to pull him up. He stood up and I internally cheered inside my head chanting a ‘finally!’.

 

“All in good time, princess. There’s no need for rush,” he said smoothly, picking up his car key by his desk and opening the door to his office, letting me out first. I blushed timidly, firstly because of the endearment he called me, second, because of his gentlemanly act, and lastly, he’s a CEO from a very well known company, surely he knew more things than me and seeing him very relaxed unlike me -who was panicking so hard, I did became slightly embarrassed.

 

Sehun pressed the lift button and held his hands out to keep the door opened for me to enter. I lightly thanked him in return, leaning my back slightly against the lift. We stood there in silence. Feeling his gaze on me, I turned my head to him and raised my eyebrows at him.

 

“What?” I asked lightly.

 

Though he got caught by me that he was staring, he still did not avert his gaze. He stared at me a little longer before smiling softly. “Nothing,” he breathed out, “just that I can’t wait for this thing to be over so that we can eat.”

 

I rolled my eyes and deadpanned, “All you can think of is eating? Really? Real smooth, Oh Sehun.”

 

I do admit that from the start of this whole partnership thing I did get closer to Sehun. I became comfortable in his presence –too comfortable in fact, that I sometimes thought he was Jongdae. But it’s not like Sehun minded though, he, in fact, was really happy. He got to know you better in these times and truth to be told, he no longer felt lonely.

 

I heard a soft chuckle rumbling from someone, and there Sehun was, trying to hold his laughter. I sighed in defeat, shaking my head. Watching my actions, he was no longer holding back his laughter, instead, his melodious chuckles radiated throughout the lift.

 

Right at the moment the lift door opens, I picked up my pace and exited the lift quickly, leaving Sehun behind, not before mumbling while chanting out softly, “I don’t him. Yeah, I don’t know him at all.”

 

Sehun had recovered from his laughter although a small smile was still plastered on his face. With his hands in his pocket, his expensive watch peeking out slightly from his suit, he too exited the lift.

 

“How cute.”

 


 

By the time we arrived, a flock of people was already gathering outside our shop. Many reporters and photographers were there too. And especially when we arrived, the crowds grew vigorous and aggressive, pushing each other whilst clutching onto their cameras, in attempt to get closer to Sehun’s car. I sighed into the seat, feeling tired already. Noting how there were so many people outside, I don’t feel like stepping out of this car at all. Heck, I don’t want to go out. I just want to curl myself into a ball and just simply sleep.

 

Sehun sniggered at my reaction, although he began to gently coo at me, “Hey, it’s going to be fine.” He reached out his hands to hold mine, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of my palm. I groaned blissfully, feeling a sense of comfort from his touch. “There’s a lot of people outside, I want you to stay close to me okay, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

I nodded, exhaling loudly before finally opening the door. And honestly, I think my ears were about to fall off. The moment the car doors were open and we got out of the car, the crowd grew even more aggressive, constantly pressing their camera shutter button, taking pictures of us. Thankfully though there were guards preventing the crowd from going even closer to us, but it did scare me a little how everyone was pushing each other.

 

Sehun handed his car key to one of the guards, mindlessly telling him to park his car. The guard nodded curtly, letting his boss leave beforehand. I shifted uncomfortably, feeling nervous at all the attention. Noticing my nervousness, Sehun wasted no more time in going by my side, slipping his hands in mine, intertwining our fingers. He had his other hand slipped into his pocket, while he dragged me slightly inside our shop with our intertwined hands.

 

Of course, people pushed around, desperately trying to get closer to us. I then felt a force pushing me aside. The crowd was far too aggressive. It all happened too fast, and I desperately clutched onto Sehun’s blazer, preventing me from falling. But Sehun was quick enough to react, snaking his arms around my waist securely before gently pulling up to him. He glared at the crowd, sending sharp daggers at whoever pushed me. His arms around me grew tighter, bringing my body closer to him. I did not complain though, I mean like who would when there’s a bunch of hyenas surrounding you?

 

At last, we reached our shop, Sehun opened the door and let me enter first before he himself entered. Everyone was already there waiting for us and I suddenly felt bad for making them wait.

 

The shop was beautifully decorated, it has a homey vibe yet looks very luxurious. I mentally thanked the designer who designed the shop because this is simply lit.

 

There were a bunch of flower-stands inside, even outside too, congratulating us for the grand opening of our store. A few business figures were there too, even Yixing was here too. I smiled and nodded my head at him, he smiled back at me not before giving a teasing glance at Sehun. He groaned.

 

“Yo! It’s time to do the grand opening now that our bosses are here!” I heard Amber yelled out as a cue to start the opening.

 

I let out a chortle, this is how free comfortable our crews are, but it’s not like it matters to me and Sehun. In fact, I find it very appealing, it’s as if we are just a bunch of friends trying out to do business together regardless of our position in the company.

 

I glanced to Sehun and he was already looking at me, a soft smile on his lips. I gave out a final, breathy sigh before telling him, “Let’s do this.”

 

 

 

“3”

 

“..2”

 

“And… 1!”

 

The ribbon is cut, our shop is officially opened. The crowd cheered, their hands still clicking onto their cameras. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter