FOUR

The Partnership
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yes, you gotta go now!” Jongdae urges me out of my office, “Oh god, you’re going to be late!”

 

“What?” I asked questioningly as I was dragged out of my own chair. “What is all of this? Why so sudden?”

 

Jongdae pulled me out and pushed me into the elevator, “Well Mr. Oh told me this morning but I totally forgot to tell you.”

 

I wrinkled my nose, “Goddammit Jongdae! I hate you!”

 

He grinned cheekily and pressed the lobby button. The elevator door closes and I sighed deeply. “Don’t worry pres, Mr. Oh will be down here waiting for you. He’ll take you there.”

 

The elevator escalates down and arrives at the lobby floor with a loud ‘ding’. “How is that supposed to make me feel better?” I groaned as we exit the elevator, rubbing my head slightly. Soohyun, -the receptionist-, who spotted us walking in the lobby gave out a small nod and smile, I returned the gesture, and so does Jongdae. We strolled across the lobby and spotted Mr. Oh a seated on one of the couches. He had his eyes focused on his phone, reading something.

 

“I’m so sorry Mr. Oh, I kinda forgot to tell our pres about the meeting.” Jongdae grinned abashedly.

 

Sehun looked up from his phone and his eyes immediately glistened the moment he saw me. And then he chuckled, “It’s fine Jongdae, well at least you’re here now.”

 

Jongdae scratched the back of his nape distractingly, “Well you guys are not late right??”

 

Sehun got up from the couch and patted his pants and blazer. He brought up his arm and peered at his watch in his hands, before replying playfully, “Well.. thankfully we aren’t, or else we might need to reschedule again, which means you need to work more.”

 

“Thank goodness!” Jongdae huffed out in relieved.

 

With another soft chuckle, Sehun turned his head to me and smiled softly, “Let’s go.”

 

“Good luck you two!!” Jongdae beamed childishly, waving his hands.

 

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, following Sehun out into his car. Though there are already a few guards on standby by the car, Sehun strode to the car door and opened it for me. He offered his hands politely and I can’t help but blush. I took his hands gently and got inside the car, and Sehun followed suit.

 

“Zhang Cooperation please,” Sehun informed the driver the moment the car door closes. I widened my eyes. Zhang Cooperation?

 

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows questioningly, “Why what’s wrong?”

 

“Zhang Cooperation, aren’t they the biggest sole manufacturer in the world?”

 

“Yeah,” He smiled. “And we’re going to meet Mr. Zhang. I’m going to introduce him to you. He’s one of a good friend of mine.”

 

“Really?” What a dream it’d be!

 

Sehun looked at me and gave out a breathy ‘yes’. We sat down side by side in silence as we passed by the countless skyscrapers. I sighed. Being a president of a company had made me so busy that I barely had time to go out and enjoy my days. Well yeah it’s true I traveled once in awhile, but due to the hectic work and the countless of nights I barely slept, it made me sleep in the car every time, making me unable to enjoy this scenery I’m adoring currently together with Sehun.

 

With Sehun. I blushed at the thought.

 

Is this the feeling I’m supposed to have right now? I can’t help but be flattered at this. I’ve known Sehun as a boss of one of the biggest company, in fact, I’d consider him to be in a whole different league than I am. But here I am in a partnership with him. That fact itself was already hard to believe for me, but what more that he was the one who personally came to me? Ghad it made me insane.

 

I’ve been so used to making decisions and lead all the things myself for the crew as I was the one responsible, but here I am doing it together with Sehun. I know that this is what every people in a partnership do, but why is it that with Sehun, it became ten times more flattering for me?

 

But then a thought struck me.

 

Isn’t this what couples do when they are married too? They make decisions together and work together as the owner of the business. Is this what it feels to be in a relationship with him? I blushed even harder. Okay , I really need to stop. what am I thinking? Ohmygoddd…

 

I closed my eyes and tried to disrupt all my thoughts away. But I can’t help it. I opened my eyes and glanced to Sehun. He had his left arm on the armrest, his chin resting on top his hands as his eyes are fixed at the scenery outside. I can’t help but look at him. This feeling is making my heart fluttered and I don’t know what to do to make it stop.

 

I didn’t know it was nice to have someone to share my pressure of being a president. And that if something happened, not only me myself is at risk and to be blamed, but Sehun is too. It’s somehow nice to actually for once follow someone else’s lead.

 

Maybe because we both are presidents of our company, it made everything easier and more relatable?

 

Maybe for once, Jongdae is right about this partnership?






 

Nah I won’t admit it to him.

 

 

“Ah, it’s been a while! Nice meeting you again Sehun.”

 

Mr. Zhang greeted us the moment we arrived.

 

“Meet Mr. Zhang, he is the owner of this sole manufacturer and he’s one of a good friend of mine.” Sehun introduced him to me while tilting his head slightly, before casually greeting Mr. Zhang back, a simple nod and a friendly handshake, while one of his hands remained inside his pocket.

 

“And who might this lady be?” Mr. Zhang asked, his eyes shifted to Sehun playfully. Sehun rolled his eyes, “She’s the one I told you that I’m working with, Yixing.”

 

“Ah, you must be the lady that caught Sehun’s attention.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. I don’t get it, what is that supposed to mean?

 

“Yixing,” Sehun snarled lowly, though I know it was more of a playful manner.

 

Mr. Zhang snickered and brought up his hands defensively, “Woah woah, chill there Sehun, no need to get so worked up.”


He then turned to me and introduced himself personally, “Hi, My name is Mr. Zhang, just call me Yixing would suffice.” Mr. Zhang offered me his hands for me to take as a handshake, smiling in return, his dimples showing. I gave out a small nod and held out my hand, introducing myself to him too. I took his hand offer and shook it.

 

“How have you been?” Sehun questioned as we walked to the elevator, again, casually with both his hands in his pocket, looking like any other rich CEOs.

 

An elevator arrived at the floor and the door opened itself’s. We entered it and Mr. Zhang pressed the level of his office and closed the door, before leaning back and answered, “I’m fine, just really busy these days.”

 

“I see.”

 

“How about you Sehun, how have you been.” Mr. tilted his head and questioned back, his eyes shifting to me ever so slightly, “I see you’ve met this pretty lady.”

 

From the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw Sehun blushed, his cheeks flaring up lightly. I continued to watch him through the mirror reflection on the elevator, remaining quiet as I listened to them conversing. “Uhm, well yeah, we’re planning on launching a new product this year.”

 

“Oh I see, is that why you came to see me? Not because you personally missed me?” Mr. Zhang wiggled his eyebrows mischievously.

 

Sehun scoffed. “You’re disgusting, why would I miss you?”

 

“Oh w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter