ONE

The Partnership
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This has been this month’s sales.” Kim Jongdae, my secretary, presented on the monitor an image of our sales percentages. There were a few groans coming from across the meeting room but I ignored them.

 

I stood up from my seat and gave out a small nod of gratitude to Jongdae who made effort on providing the information. Everyone in the room was staring intently at me, peering closely at what I was about to say next. I cleared my throat before speaking, “Okay look here everyone, our sales have been dropping these past months and it’s not looking good for our business.” I sighed deeply, my chest expanding. “We need a plan.”

 

The room was silent, each and every individual was thinking of a plan, a brilliant and smart plan that can possibly turn their business sales upside down. My eyes darted outside the window, where the sky was visibly clear and bright, the scorching sun blazed through the day, reflecting upon the window. “I wonder..” I trailed.

 

I raised my eyebrows, my eyes squinted slightly. “I wonder what’s the reason why we have been losing customers.”

 

“Pres!”

 

My eyes shifted to one of my employee, who had his hands up seemingly to know the answer. “Yes, Chanyeol?” I asked him, completely clueless of what he was about to answer.

 

“I know why, pres! It’s that business neighbor! Byun Corporation!” Chanyeol answered heatedly as if he was in an intense argument.

 

There was clicking in my head and my eyes widened in realization. ing Baekhyun.. Stealing all my customers!

 

Few groans immediately erupted from the others, complaining at the reason why the sales had been dropping.

 

“Urgh, that’s right! That Byun Company!”

 

“Of course it’s them this whole time!”

 

“How can we not know this??”

 

“We’ve been busy Amber!” Henry hollered from across the room. The whole meeting was in a chaos. I shook my head, shutting my eyes from this entire mess.

 

“What do we do now pres?”

 

I opened my eyes and gazed at Suho, who was looking back at me questioningly. I tilted my head and placed my left hand on my chin, thinking. “Uhm.”

 

“We need to think of something new. Something different from that Byun company.” I frowned, my eyebrows furrowing deeply. “But what?” Suho asked again.

 

My eyes trailed to every individual in the room before exhaling loudly, “That’s the problem, what should we do?”

 

It has been barely a month when we first launched our newest designed of quilted bags, our sales peaked and reached the best of the bests, and then a few weeks later, the Byun company thinks it's fun to launch a designer ‘tote’ bag which they named the oh-so-called ‘Byun bags’. I wonder if they’ll start selling bean bags real soon, maybe it’ll come in many colors and varieties. Who knows the bags are filled with real beans? Those green ones I used to plant during my elementary school. How interesting! I rolled my eyes, frustrated. Urghh

 

There was then a knock on a door, and Soohyun, the girl on the front desk came in looking unusually flustered, her cheeks heating up. Everyone inside the room turned to her with a questioning gaze.

 

“I-I just received a call from another company.” Her cheeks flared up, even more, earning a surprise and doubtful stare from others.

 

“And?” I asked.

 

“Uh-h it's.. It's” She continued to stutter.

 

A few began to groan impatiently, “Just cut to the chase already!!”

 

“The Oh Corporation called a few minutes ago, M-Mr. Oh was talking personally saying that.. that h-he wanted to do a p-partnership with Ms. Yoon.”

 

I swear I felt a breeze howling through me even though there’s none except the breeze from the air conditioner, but I swear it felt different like it was the wind outside. No one spoke, nor moved, everyone stayed rooted in their place, completely silent.

 

 

“WHAT???!”

 

There it goes, chaos. Everyone gasped so loudly, it felt like the building was crumbling from all the ruckus they were making.

 

“oHmYGOD! The Oh-Corporation what?” Amber said speechlessly, repeating her words over and over again still not believing.

 

I trailed my sight to across the room, no one was calm. Chanyeol, in the corner of the room together with Henry, was fanboying like crazy. Suho, who I trusted the most, was muttering incoherent words to himself, his lips ghosting a wide smile. Even Jongdae was grinning like there’s no tomorrow. Oh gosh, someone help me please..

 

“Guys! Guys! Guys!” I called out. “Please calm down!”

 

In a matter of a second, the others started calming down and began taking a seat back on their individual chairs. Soohyun was by the door, her expression horrified. I chuckled slightly, “Soohyun, you can leave now.” And with that, she left the room.

 

Now all heads were turned to me, their faces broke out into a creepy grin that it started to creep me out. Chanyeol was the first one who uttered, “This is it pres! The gods had made way for us!”

 

I breathed exhaustingly, my head spinning around slightly. “Guys! We cannot just simply agree to this! Besides it's not confirmed if it’s even true!”

 

“But what other choices do we have?” Amber asked disapprovingly, frowning slightly.

 

“Well, I know this is hard for you all to accept but we don’t even know what the Oh Corporation is planning! This might be a trap for all of us! We have to be extremely careful!”

 

They all sighed. “But pres! There are no other choices we have! This is the best we can do for our company, who knows this will help gain more recognition. You know that the Oh company is one of the best and well-known company! This is like a once in a lifetime chance!” Henry stated, flapping his hands furiously.

 

“No can do.” I shook my head in which they frown disapprovingly. “I’ll go talk to them tomorrow and let's just see what happens. For now, I guess we are done, the meeting shall be ended here before we continue furthermore this following Friday.” I sighed and excused myself out of the room.

 

“I swear she just doesn't get it doesn’t she?” Chanyeol gossiped to the others when I had left the room. The others nodded in agreement. “This is like a one-time chance we’ll ever get!” Henry continued to exclaim.

 

“Ohmygosh, it’d be very great if the Oh company would work together with us.” Minah said dreamily, “Mr. Oh is so hot I don’t think I can handle it!”

 

“Urgh, you haven’t even met him!” Chanyeol groaned, rubbing his forehead.

 

“I know I know!! But I’ve seen him before in the news and he is so attractive.” She gasped. “We need to get our president to agree to the partnership!!”

 

Jongdae, who listened to their heated conversation, immediately quirked up his lips. “Oh, I know our president so well, and trust me,” his lips forming a smirk. “There’s no way she’ll never agree when she’ll meet him personally tomorrow.” He winked at them before exiting the meeting room, leaving the others baffled.

 

 

 

“You sure you don’t want me to come with you?”

 

I sighed the nth time today, “Yes Jongdae, I can handle this. You should take a rest, you look deadly tired.”

 

Jongdae shook his head, disagreeing. “No, I’m not pres, I need to go back to work.”

 

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, staring at him intently. I mumbled an incoherent word as if thinking, before speaking to him, “No, you know what, go take a day off. You should go on a date with your boyfriend, whose his name again? Mi..Mi-suk?”

 

“It’s Minseok!” Jongdae groa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter