Chapter 3

Girl meets Evil

 

"Can you two educate me about Sunhee?"Sinb asked, looking at the mustard and ketchup infront of her. It was Sunday morning and the house is pretty quiet. 

"Sunhee? She's a queen though."said the mustard(Yerin). "That's not-- ugh"Sinb groaned. 

"Sunhee is a young queen, engaged to the psychiatrist's Son, Master Haeil. She has other two sisters, Hyejung, the oldest and Jihee, the lost sister whom she killed out of envy."Sowon said. 

"If Hyejung is the eldest, why isn't she the queen?"Sinb asked. 

"Hyejung was a general, she let Sunhee take over the throne. She's the only person in the kingdom that knows Jihee, as their youngest sister. After knowing that Sunhee is going to kill Jihee, she came back to the kingdom as fast as she can and killed Sunhee then took over the throne."Sowon opened her eyes, removing her memories before her. 

"So, Jihee survived?"

"No, she was already beheaded when Hyejung arrived."Yerin answered. 

"But why? Why am I the Sunhee you're talking about? I get the looking like her part but.."Sinb trailed off. 

"Because you are her. You're not reincarnated or such, You are Kim Sunhee."Doojoon said, his hands behind his back, looking at the three of them. 

Sowon stood up, angered. "What the hell are you doing here?!"Yerin held Sowon back from walking over to Doojoon. 

"Stay in your lane, Hyejung."said Doojoon, calmly. 

"I can't be Sunhee..."

"No, don't do it!"

"This is a sweet apple, Sunhee."

"You poisoned her?!"

"I can't be!"Sinb ran out to the door, running away from everything. 

Sinb ignored the voices and blurry sceneries that her mind is making. She could feel tears falling down as she ran, but she doesn't care as long as she's away from lies. 

"Ack--"Pair of hands held her shoulder, like holding for their dear life and her arms automatically wrapped around the person's waist. 

Sinb widened her eyes, seeing the girl from yesterday. 

"You're crying..!"Sinb thinks the girl is pretty familiar, like she saw her in the blurry scenes but she can't make it out. 

"Uhm.. This is kind of awkward.."the girl has a slight blush on her face which Sinb realized and lets go of her waist. 

Both of them stood there for a moment. "Do you want to talk about it?"the girl asked. 

"What?"she asked. "Why you're crying?"the girl said. 

Sinb shook her head. "I just want to go somewhere to take my mind off it."she said. 

"Oh, you can come with me to the cafe i'm working at!"said the girl. Sinb just nodded, she was relieved that she has something to drive her attention away. 

Along the walk, the girl spoke up. "My name is Kim Umji, what's yours?"

"Sinb"she muttered. 

"Huh?"

"Hwang Sinb."she said, louder. 

"Ah."Umji smiled at her.