Chapter 5: Take a Dare

All I can say is Sorry.

Chapter 5

Take a Dare

(Part 1)

 

Sometimes we long too much. Sometimes we crave too much. Sometimes we want something too much. Sometimes we chase too much.

But how much is much?

What is too much when it comes to chances?

Is one chance enough..two...three?

Would you want to take a chance...once again?

Would you dare take a chance?

Is there a chance?

 

Narrator's POV
There is Jennie who already knew what she felt. There is Rose who cares too much about her bestfriend. Will someone among them get the chance to mend Lisa's broken heart? Or would Lisa want any of them to mend her broken heart? What if someone comes back and then would try to hold a piece of her life again...what can they do...will they do something they never thought they would?

Jennie thought. "I have to do something. I am hurt by this stupid feelings but it would hurt me more if I won't give my all, right?"

She already made up her mind...She will make Lisa fall for her but then...Somebody unexpected came back to their lives, to Lisa's life.

Sorn wanted to make things up for them....Sorn wants Lisa back on her arms.

Would Lisa want the same thing to happen? Would Lisa take her back in her arms, in her life? Would she brave the fear of getting hurt once again?

 

 

Jennie's POV
We were already outside the dormitory and were all set to go when Chaeng and Lisa were being sweet to each other as always.
Chaeng was holding Lisa's hands and then tried to intertwine their fingers but instead of her doing it....Lisa did. Lisa endearingly looked at her bestfriends face. Her gaze went to Chaeng's lips then to her eyes and then they both smiled. I hated how I felt at the moment. I knew that they always did that. They were always the kind of bestfriends they were the first day they became one.

Anyone would say that I am pathetic for feeling this kind of feeling. But when you are in love, you just go crazy. You give meaning with every-damn thing. You always crave the attention she's giving to someone else. You want to be the girl she holds. You want to be the only one she looks at sweetly. You want her to long for your presence as much as you do crave her presence. You want her to be yours. But then you stop fantasizing and wake up, facing reality--- she isn't yours or atleast yet.

At that moment, I got reminded of what I told myself. "I would get hurt even more if I will lose this battle not giving my all. So, I will give it a try. I will give love a try."

I went near Lisa and told her to please check if my makeup was fine on me. She said it was fine and that was it. I thought, 'Was that it?' I tried a bit more. I asked her if she could come with me a bit 'cause I left something at the dorm and that I lied about being scared going inside...not wanting to probably feel guilty, she said yes. When we were inside the dormitory already, she asked me, "So what was the thing you wanted to get here?" She was right, what was it again? Well...I haven't thought of that so my mind went blank.

As I was not answering her question, she came near me and tried to grasp my other hand with her left hand and then used her right hand to align my face with hers. Her eyes were looking into mine. She was smiling and it felt so fine. Butterflies started to disturb my awhile-ago calm stomach. Everything went in a very-fast pace. I saw myself with her...It was that kind of feeling where you see yourself with someone in the future. You see no one else but you and her together. You don't see anything else or anyone else in that future but one thing was for sure....you don't want that future to be spent with anybody else but just her. But at the same time, it was that kind of moment where everything went in a slowmo. The moment was too perfect.

She made fun of me.. "Are you flirting with me Unnie?"

I knew it was a joke. But I took it as an opportunity to make her notice me. She was laughing but I stopped her from doing so when I shocked her with my answer.

"So now you know. Yes. I am flirting with you Lisa."

At first, she was shocked and both of us went silent but probably not wanting the situation to turn into an awkward scene, she laughed. And then she said, "I knew it", in a joking manner as if she thought that what I just said was something to make fun of. I was a bit serious when I said that but ofcourse, why would she take it seriously? Afterall, we are friends and friends don't flirt with each other.

Teasing me even more and thinking maybe that it was fun, she put both of her hands on my waist and held me closer. She looked at me intensely and tightened her hold on me. My body was feeling the sensation of her touch. It isn't the touch that would make you long for lust or going further down. It is the kind of touch that awakes the love and longing for someone. And this kind of sensation isn't felt with just anyone, it is felt with just one particular someone.

"Come on Jen, you wouldn't want to flirt with me." She grinned.

She was about to let go of me but I put my hands on hers to tighten the grip. "Just put your hands right there. I want you to hold me like that. And if you want, you can do it anytime." I returned her grin with a smirk.

"Wait. Are you trying to pull a prank or is this some kind of game for you?" I sensed her being shocked by my remarks. She added, "Is this because you think that anyone would fall for you? Is this because you know I'm vulnerable? Is this because....because....you saw how weak I can be and you're trying to take advantage of that weak side of mine? Am I some kind of toy to you?" I was taken aback by how complicated her thoughts were.

She was about to cry but she controlled herself and said. "I'm sorry. I think we should get out now. We're running late for our appointment." I don't want her to fear love anymore. I don't want to make her feel that I am someone to be afraid of. But the situation got messed up. Why Lisa? What are your thoughts....

Lisa started walking when I told her..."I hope you know that you're more than a friend to me."

She paused for a while and I continued. "You are special to me Lisa."

And then she turned her back to face me. "But you know I won't fall in love again, or atleast not now or any time soon."

Not wanting to scare her even more...I lied. "I am not inlove. GOD! You're just a crush. You are too confident. Ain't you?" I smiled.

"But..." I cut her off. "No more buts Lisa. Just be cool. I am not going to eat you.. you're just a crush. So, are we cool?"

"Oh. Okay. Just a crush." And then a genuine smile lightened up her face.

She then walked back towards me..."Just a crush."

I just melted when she came to face me closer. I should be happy that I have confessed but she is making me feel so shy. But I tried to keep my stance and tried to comfort her from her thoughts a while ago and told her "Just wanna tell you Lisa. If somebody has hurt you before, please know that not everybody will do the same thing. You don't know how precious you are. And most of all, you are not a toy. You'll never be a toy." I sincerely finished.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I keep getting frightened by the whole thought of love."

"I get you and you don't need to apologize. But to tell you, love comes along with pain. And you must never be scared to feel pain because that is what makes you more of a human. As they say, pain demands to be felt, right?"

"You're right. Maybe I need a little bit more time to heal."

"And maybe, you haven't found the right one yet."

"Probably."

"Or maybe she is somewhere near you."

"Or maybe Jennie, she is right infront of me." She smirked.

"Don't do that Lisa. You're such a..."

"Cutie?"

We both ended up laughing.

"Let's go." She said. And then she was about to start walking towards the door when I said. "Wait."

I held hands with her and told her. "Let's go." And then we continued walking like two lovers with a huge smile on our faces.

I might not have told her that I love her more than as a friend. But I think, what I did was a huge step towards my huge confession in the future, right? Atleast she knows a bit of how I feel towards her already. Soon. Soon enough, I will tell her how much I love her.

 

Lisa’s POV

I don’t know what has gotten to Jennie to say that…..she likes me. Why would she like me?

I thought she had a crush with Sehun of Exo since I have watched some videos on Youtube last time which assumed that she was feeling giddy when Sehun looked at our direction during a Music Award. When I asked her about it, what she just did was smile like…what the heck, what’s so good with that man? Yes, he has broad shoulders, manly posture, tall height, handsome face, talent. Okay, he got everything that a girl would like for her future boyfriend to possess. But still, I hate that smile when I tried to .

Why did I even search those videos? Uhmm. Was I bored enough to have watched those kind of videos? Maybe. Yeah. That’s the reason. I was too bored that time that is why I searched some of Jennie’s videos. I just wanted to look for something to make fun of her and then afterwards. But somewhat, I regretted doing so. I’m kind of….disappointed or kind of sad after watching her videos. But I felt a bit happy to see people shipping us together.

I can’t help but be curious as to what people say about me and the other members too and was shocked when I saw that there were plenty of videos featuring me and Chaeng or Jisoo unnie.

But the most shocking part was how I reacted when I hate the fact that they were being shipped with other guys. I don’t even like anyone of them. I don’t know when was the exact time where I started feeling angry watching those shipping-videos. Was it when Chaeng was being shipped with Chanyeol of Exo or when Jisoo-unnie being shipped with Jin of BTS or when Jennie got shipped with Sehun?

We were inside the car when I started smiling like crazy when I remembered myself reacting like a boyfriend when I saw those idol-shipping videos. It was not actually because Jennie confessed that she had a crush on me but somewhat it contributed to how I am feeling as of the moment.

Rose must have noticed me, so she asked “Yah! Lalisa! Why are you smiling right now? What’s there to smile about?” Then she laid her head on my shoulder.

“Nothing Chaengy. I’m just a bit happy to go out with you guys right now.” I looked at her and then afterwards patted her head.

“So you are not feeling nervous or anxious for our concert tonight?” Jisoo-unnie asked.

I turned my head to her direction and then saw Jennie furiously looking at me as if I have done some crime or what. I answered Jisoo-unnie’s question with a bit of fear on the tone of my voice, “Actually, I am starting to feel nervous just right now..hehe?”

“Right now? Why is that so Lisa?” Jennie asked.

I tried to avoid her gaze and then just directed my eyes to my lap. “Uhm. Just because. Nothing. It’s normal for me to be anxious, right? I’m still a human you know.” I faked a laugh. Seriously. When I looked at the window, Jennie’s reflection looking at me scared me a lot. She’s freaking me. No. Actually, she’s a bit scary right now.

In a dash of time, we got to MBC to shoot for My Little Television Show’s episode. Our manager then said that we should get out of the car and be ourselves. I got off the car first and then I held Chaeng’s hands to give her something as a support. When I looked at the other member’s direction, Jennie was pouting and her eyebrows were almost meeting each other in the middle. And then she went to my side after Chaeng was called out by one of our managers.

I put one of my hands on my left chest and then said “Oh my. You’re killing me!” Really!”

“Why?”

“Look at you. You’re! You’re so scary right now!”

“What? Me? Scary? Wow Lisa! Just wow!”

“The way you are looking at me scares me so much. Though, I admit, you’re cute when you pouted.” I grinned.

“Oh. Was I scary with how I looked? I didn’t mean to do so. I did not even notice myself looking at you in such a way. How did I look at you?”

“Just like this.” And then I imitated her.

She punched me lightly and said. “No way. Seriously?“

“I am being serious right now. I am just wondering why you looked at me that way.”

“It’s probably because..” Jennie was cut-off when Jisoo-unnie called out our names and said that we should follow them afterwards.

“Probably because of what?” I asked after holding her hands when she was about to walk towards the direction of the other members. “Because of what?” I repeated.

“I’ll tell you tonight. Let’s do our task first. Okay?” She smiled and then pouted.

Before she started walking again, I held her closer and whispered, “Please stop being too cute right now.” After doing so, I started walking by myself and when I turned to face her still standing where she was a while ago, she was smiling like crazy. “So that is how I might look like if I have a crush” I thought. She must be serious when she said that she has a crush on me and I should say, she looked seriously mad as of the moment. I called on her. “Hey Jennie! You should be walking right now. Stop smiling cutie!” And then she flew a kiss on my direction. Without intending to do so, I catch it and put it on my lips and threw her a kiss too. I must have been infected by her. We’re so sick right now.

She walked towards me and this time, she held my hands and said, “Let’s go My Lisa.”

I promise, butterflies started to fly on my stomach when she said that.

“Let’s go My Jennie.” And again, we started walking like a lovey-dovey love birds.


I should have updated this one last May but my laptop got broken and I left it at home. I'm sorry for not making an immediate and great comeback. I'll make sure to update with longer chapters next time. Hope you'd like this one as of now! Leave your comments and I'll make sure to read them! Have a great day :)