Chapter 7 – Qian likes romantic stuff (Finale)

Go Away.

Zhou Mi-ah, I’ll kill you when i see you in music class today. Unless i get to see you before.

“What is it now?” I answer the phone half asleep.

UNLOCK.YOUR.DOOR.” he says, clearly angry.

“Alright, chill…” I say, hanging up, getting up and unlocking the door, then opening it.

And a mad Zhou Mi appears in front of me.

“Come in…” I say while yawning. 

Zhou Mi comes in and sits down on a chair facing my bed.

“What’s wrong?” I ask him after sitting down on my bed, rubbing my eyes.

“Why did you kiss Qian?” 

“I DID WHAT?!” I say.

Omo noona, we kissed again….

“What, you didn’t know?”

“I was drunk, Zhou Mi-ah, i didn’t know what i was doing. My head hurts.”

Zhou Mi scratches his head.

“Fair enough” he says.

Well that’s a relief, I can’t imagine “breaking up” with Zhou Mi. I might seem cold, but I care about him a lot (wait what?). Now that I started thinking about it, I like Qian. We kissed two times which she doesn’t even know, but I like her. The problem is that Zhou Mi likes her too…

“Kyuhyun-ah, do you like Qian?” he asks me.

DID YOU JUST ING READ MY MIND???

“Honestly.” he adds.

“I do.” I asnwer.

Zhou Mi nods.

“Me too.” he says.

WHAT A SURPRIZE!!

Now what?

“What do we do know?” he says.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the celling.

“Either one of us gives up…” he says.

“Or she picks one of us.” I finish for him, and he nods.

“Seriously, what should we do?”

“Sungmin hyung is great at giving advice….should i call him…?” I ask Zhou Mi.

“Go ahead.” he says. 

I take my phone and call hyung.

“Yoboseyo? (=hello) Sungmin hyung says.

“Hyung, I’m in trouble.” I tell him.

“You and Zhou Mi both like Victoria.” he says.

“How the heck did he know?!” Zhou Mi says.

“What do we do hyuuuung??” I ask him.

“I think you should let her choose.” he says.

“And no matter what, keep our friendship.” I add.

Zhou Mi, showing a cute smile, nods in agreement.

“Exactly. Se? It’s all solved. Don’t fight though, as long as she’s happy you two should be happy too.”

“Thank you hyung!! I owe you soooo much!”

“Don’t worry, you helped me a lot in the past too. Have a great day! I’ll end here, I have to go to work!” he says.

AT THE CAFÉ~

We were having breakfast, minding our own business, when….

“Zhou Mi, Cho Kyuhyun and Victoria Song, come to the principal’s office.” the announcer or whatever said.

Everyone looks towards us.

“Call Qian!” we say at the same time.

“You call her!” I say.

“Alright.” Zhou Mi says, taking out his phone and calling her. “Jie jie, we have to go to the principal’s office” he tells her with a sudden high-pitched voice.

I show im a jealous face and his voice returns to normal.

“I know, I’m on my way, see you guys there!”

And they hang up.

We finish breakfast and go to the principal’s office.

“Why do you think he told us to come?” I ask Zhou Mi.

“I don’t know, we haven’t done anything bad…then he must have something to tell us.” he says.

“Like what?”

“Well, we supposely got into SMent, maybe he’ll talk to us about it and stuff.”

I nod.

“What date are we in today?” Zhou Mi asks.

“I think…february the 1st.” I asnwer.

“Damn it!” he says, stomping his left foot. (then grabbing his ankle, it probably hurt LOL er)

“What?”

“Tomorrow’s Qian’s birthday.”

“Cool. Mine’s right afterwards. Let’s prepare a party then!” I tell him.

“What kind of party? Where? And…when??”

“What about a party in that club nearby Sungmin hyung’s bar? A friend of his runs it and we can get a party there for less. Plus, it looks cool.”

“I was thinking about something else…”

“Like what?”

“A few years ago, before Hangeng appeared, I wanted to prepare a special birthday party for her, but I didn’t have enough money and she also ran away with Hangeng ge.” (ge/gege = older brother, like hyung in korean.)

So he liked her a lot since then, but this Hangeng guy stole her from him. But he still likes her…interesting.

“What did you want to do?” I ask him.

“I wanted to rent a boat and have a romantic dinner with her.”

I laugh.

“What? I was in love with her!”

Zhou Mi-ah…did you use past tense on purpouse?

“How old were you?”

“About 16.”

“Seems legit.” I say. “So you want to do it now?”

“Kind of. But I don’t want to hate me, nor I want to hate you – if she picks you instead or something…”

“How do we make her choose though…we can’t just ask her…” i say.

“We can ask someone to ask her for us.” he says.

“You’re a ing genius!”

Zhou Mi shrugs happily.

“What about asking Donghae and Eunhyuk to do it?”

“Perfect. Let me call Donghae” he says, taking out his phone.

“Donghae-ah…”

“-ah”? doesn’t work with his name, Zhou Mi-ah….

“Ye?” (=yes.) Donghae cutely answers.

“Can I ask you for a favor?

“Sure, anything. Except killing someone.” 

We both laugh.

“Can you ask Qian something for us?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Ask her who she likes more between me and Kyuhyun-goon.” (-goon is used for younger guys)

“I already did!” he said.

He already asked her?!

“And…what did she say?”

“Well…” he starts saying, but sighs and stops for a few seconds. “She would like Kyuhyun as a boyfriend and you as a best friend….” he finally says.

Oh….

“Okay…thanks, talk to you later!” Zhou Mi says, hanging up. Yeah, he’s clearly sad about it… “I have to go Kyuhyun-ah, I have a class. See you later!” he says, leaving quickly.

He doesn’t have any classes at 9AM….wait. I’m still in my jeans, shirt and sweater i wore last night. And Goood, i stink. I should take a shower.

Now I’m really confused…I should rather be happy, because Qian might have fell in love with me, but Zhou Mi has been in love with her for so long yet she never gave him any chances…ah, I don’t know.

After I took a shower and changed, I went to the cafeteria to have breakfast. (an actual one)

The first thing i saw was that “our” table was empty. Suddenly remembered that me and Zhou Mi always have breakfast at that table, since neither of us has morning classes. Him leaving like that is not a good sign. God, I’m feeling lonely.

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you okay?” a soft voice asks me.

I turn around and….It’s Qian. Honestly, I was hoping for Zhou Mi.

“Oh, yeah…sit down!” I say.

Qian cutely sits down, smiling brightly.

“I don’t believe you.” she says, and her smile suddenly vanishes.

“Don’t worry, I’m alright. I…..think I’ll go get some food, I’m starving.” I say, quickly getting up, avoiding her eyes.

“Get me a chicken salad then.” she cutely says.

That’s a relief, she was just joking around. When I came back with our salads (lol I got a salad too because I have the worst ing memory in the world and i forgot what i wanted to get), Qian was trying to call someone who kept hanging up.

“Who are you trying to call?” I ask her while putting down our salads and sitting down.

“Zhou Mi.” she says.

Oh…

“Have you seen him today?” she asks me.

“No.” I lie. Honestly, that just quickly came out of my mouth, I don’t want to be a suspect for his death since “I was thelast person to see him”… Okay, that was a joke. A bad, bad joke.

“He won’t answer his phone…will you try calling him please?” 

“Sure.” I say, taking out my phone. I kinda hope he asnwers…

And it keeps ringing and ringing…but voice mail answered instead…

“He probably turned it off.” I say, putting my phone back in my pocket.

Qian sighs again.

-FLASHBACK-
“Kyuhyun-ah, what do you do when you’re sad?” Zhou Mi asks me, finishing his 2nd bottle of Soju (=Korean alchoolic drink, it’s like Vodka for Russians.).

“I listen to happy songs or trot because it makes me laugh.” I answer. “What about you?”

“I usually sit down and watch the Han river.”

“Where?”

“About 200m-west from the bridge. It’s not always the same place though, I sometimes forget it and just sit on a bench…”

-end of flashback-

“I have to go, Qian, see you later.” I say, grabbing my jacket and quickly going out.

“But…your…salad…” I hear her saying.

Damn, my stomach is growling. I’m ing starving. Oh well, I’ll eat a lot once I’m done with this.

I quickly jump into a taxi and ask to be taken to the Han river (park). I think i know where Zhou Mi is.
Oh wow, that sounded dramatic. Like a spanish drama or something. I don’t watch spanish dramas, lol…i have no idea how i know that.

As I get there, I quickly pay the driver and run out of the car, towards the bridge.

“There you are.” I say to myself, seeing him sitting on the snow. I run towards him. “Yah.” I say.

He turns around, but turns back when he sees me.

“Yah, what made you come here? Was it me? Well then you can hit me.”

He turns back and raises his eyebrow.

“Okay, the hitting thing was a joke. Seriously, what is it?”

He stands up and walks pass me like I’m not even here.

“Yah…YAH!!” I scream after him, but he doesn’t react. 

He jumps in a taxi and leaves.

“Mianhae, chingu-yah…” I say, tearing up. (=I’m sorry, my friend.)

The heck am i doing? Am I crying right now? I didn’t know I cared about him this much…wait, that sounded REALLY gay.

I can see Sungmin’s bar…well, I should go and talk to him. Oh, that’s the sound of how ing hungry i am. Hopefully he can give me something to eat, i don’t even know what happened with my salad.

I enter his bar, and he greets he cutely while serving someone some wine.

“How come you came this early? Have you had breakfast?” he asks me when I sit down right in front of him.

“I almost did…” I say, quickly wiping off my tears.

“Kyuhyun-ah…did you cry?”

“What? No….” I say, laughing.

“Don’t lie to me.”

And I stop laughing.

“Hyung…Qian likes me more than Zhou Mi…”

“And he knows, and got upset, and you got upset too. I understand.”

HOW THE HECK DID HE KNOW??

“What do i do now, hyung?” I ask him.

WAIT! Zhou Mi wanted to do that dinner thing…

“Hyung, do you know anyone who works at the docks whom i can rent a nice boat from?”

“The heck’s wrong with you? Wait, i do know someone…”

“Hyung, you’re good at decorating stuff…can you help me with something?”

“What?”

“Decorate a boat for a romantic dinner, more birthday themed though.”

Yes, I wanna do that.

NEXT DAY EVENING~

Okay, right now, I am hiding behind some barrels at the docks here in Incheon, waiting for Qian and Zhou Mi to show up. I made some letters for both of them and wrote a date and a place for them to meet up. But I obviously didn’t sign them, they don’t even know they’ll meet. I’m not sure if they’ll come though…

Oh! I see Zhou Mi…

“Omo…who did this?” he says to himself, looking at the boat.

I quickly take out a piece of paper and a pen and write something for him, then i throw it right on his head. (headshot!!)

“Hm?” he says, turning around and picking up the piece of paper. “When you see her, act like you did all of this if you don’t want to ruin it.” he reads it out loud.

He looks up, a little suspicious.

And there she is…

“Zhou Mi-jie?” she says.

And he turns around and smiles at her.

“Happy birthday!!” he cutely tells her.

“Did you do this?”

“Remember that I wanted to do this years ago?”

“But your love for me didn’t change all this years and you did it now…”

I feel like I’m a watching a drama filming and I’m the director. God, I feel proud.

And Qian runs up to him, tip-toes, and….KISSES HIM! This is so romantic :’)

But i destroy it all, by falling onto the barrels and making a loud noise.

“You can’t see me…” I say, quickly running out of their sight.

   THE END~~