Chapter 4 - Qian's memory

Go Away.

 

“This is the 17th time you wake me up!” I say to myself while my phone is ringing.

I take it and look at it. It’s of course, Zhou Mi. I look at it trying to decide if I should answer or not, but he ends up ending the call.

What do you think I did afterwards?

I threw it on my bed and went back to sleep.

Then BAM! someone bursts into my room.

“Kyuhyun-shii! It’s 12:30, you’re going to be late for our art class!” Zhou Mi screams at me.

“Ahra-noona, I told you already I want milk with those cereals…how else are you expecting me to eat them??” I say pretending to be asleep. (Ahra is my older sister for those who don’t know)

“You’re talking in your sleep again!” Zhou Mi screams while pointing at me.

“What? Do you mean I’ve done this before? I say suddenly bursting out of bed.

“You always do it! I can hear you from my room!”

“But you sleepwalk.”

“So that’s why I woke up in Qian’s room…”

“Qian’s WHAT?!”

“Joke! Just wanted to test you.”

Zhou Mi, your Korean…ah, screw it.

“Anyway, I’ll wait for you here, now go get ready.”

“Tsk. Fine…” I say getting up.

“Is it weird that i remember nothing from last night?” Zhou Mi asks me.

“You were drunk, Zhou Mi-shii.” I say trying to hide.

Damn, i barely remember anything too. I remember being close to Qian’s face, but nothing else…WAIT A SECOND!…

“I had a weird dream last night!” he said while I was getting dressep up.

“What?”

“That you and Qian KISSED.”

What?

“Kyuhyun-shii?” he says because of my weird reaction.

And I burst into laughter.

“I know right? Kiss?” Zhou Mi says laughing with me.

Oh no, what did we do last night? Did we really kiss? How do i find out though, i can’t just ask her…

“Wait, Zhou Mi-shii…who brought us back here then?”

We both hesitated.

“Sungmin hyung?” I said.

“That’s right! Thank God…” 

“Zhou Mi-shii, you’re an Atheist.”

“Well you say <> very often, now you passed that to me!”

“Fine…”

I finish getting ready and we go to art class together. We enter the class, sit together, and once the teacher comes in, we start the class.

“Yah, Qian said she’ll move to our class!” I say to Zhou Mi, seeing that Victoria is not here.

“Maybe she forgot.”

“Or maybe we forgot to wake her up!”

Zhou Mi blcks.

“You’re right, damn it.”

Weird, he never curses, I do instead.

“Eottohke?” Zhou Mi says worried.(어떻게=what should we do?) 

“Let’s just let her sleep.”

“Alright, but I’ll blame you!”

“Do you even know where her room is?” I say crossing my arms.

BTW, we weren’t paying attention to the class at all.

“Damn you, Kyuhyun-shii.” 

Wow, Zhou Mi is actually mad. 

“Kyuhyun-shii, what did I say just now?” the teacher asks me.

Oh crap.

“You just called my name.”

The whole class bursts in laughter except the teacher. But, eventually, he starts laughing as well.

“Witty as always. That’s why you’re my favorite student, Kyuhyun-shii. But please, pay attention to my class. Is there something more important than my class?”

“Well, my friend who’s missing this class is probably sleeping now, we were just trying to figure out what to do…” Zhou Mi says.

His friend?!

“Just let him or her sleep then!”

“TOLD YOU!” I say to him, making the whole class laugh.

Me and Zhou Mi had lunch after the art class at the main cafeteria, hoping to see Qian.

But nothing.

“Ah, come on Kyuhyun-shii, just go! Ask her why!”

“I don’t know where her room is!”

“Ah, fine, I’ll find her.”

“I’ll go with you!” I say all determined.

“Our next class is at 3PM, we can go after lunch!”

“Alright.” I say slurping my bubble tea.

Once we finished lunch, we went to the information center of our dear Seoul University to ask for Qian.

“Can you tell us where’s Song Qian’s room?” Zhou Mi asks worried.

“You mean Victoria Song?”

“Yeah, whatever, just tell us.”

“I can’t.”

Person with “Kim Ryeowook” name tag from information center say what?!

“We can’t provide such information to strangers.”

“We study here.”

“Oh, why didn’t you say so in the first place?”

We both give him bad looks.

“Okay, I’ll look her up. Victoria Song…” he says looking on a computer.

We both get close to him.

“Room 346, at the third floor of the dorm.”

“That’s right next to mine!” Zhou Mi says.

Damn you. (oh, and Zhou Mi IS older than me but I never call him hyung)

We quickly go up the stairs and once we get to her room we knock on the door.

“Who is it?” Qian said.

“Kyuhyun and I.” Zhou Mi says with a sudden thinner voice.

“Oh, wait a second!” Qian says.

After a few seconds and some weird sounds, Qian finally opens the door.

“Hi! I was practicing, that’s why it took a while.”

“It’s alright.” Zhou Mi says sweetly.

“I left you a note last night. Did you see it?” Qian asks him.

Wait a second…what?!

“I did. Your writing hasn’t changed.” he says making her shy.

Good. I didn’t write my name on it and I was afraid you wouldn’t recognize my writing…you fell asleep last night and Sungmin oppa (=older boy) took all of us home.”

“Is that why I have a bruise on my forehead?” he asks.

“You fell off your chair, Zhou Mi-shii.” I say.

“Okay..well then what did you two do?”

.

Me and Qian look at each other.

“Talked about wine with Sungmin oppa” Qian says like she was sure about it.

How did she-

Wait, I get it.

“Why didn’t you come to art class?”

“I did.”

“We didn’t see you!” we both said.

“That’s because I haven’t changed classes yet, I’ll be joining you guys tomorrow.”

Damn, I thought she slept during that class.

“Well, I have music class at 3PM, they moved me to another place.” Qian says scraching her head.

“We have music class at 3PM too!”

“Great! Well then see you there, I’ll go take a shower and have lunch”

“Okay!” we both say leaving with joy.

Then we both went to our own rooms (Zhou Mi told me he had something to do). As I got into mine, I called Sungmin hyung.

“Hyung! What actually happened last night after Zhou Mi fell?”

“Are you sure you want to know?’”

Hyung, why are you asking me this? This is not good…

“Say it all, hyung”

“Fine. Did Zhou Mi tell you that he dreamed you and Victoria noona (older girl/woman) kissing?”

“Yes.”

“Well, he wasn’t dreaming…”

“You and Victoria were staring at each other and kissed…Zhou Mi had one eye open and saw you and asked me what were you doing, so i told him he’s having a dream…”

At least Zhou Mi doesn’t know.

“And how come Qian doesn’t know either?”

“You all were drunk, after you kissed you talked for about 1 hour and then I took you guys home cause it was really late…I told Victoria noona that we enjoyed talking about wine with her…”

“Hyung, thank you. Thank you soo much! I owe you!”

“It’s okay, that’s what friends are for. Oh, and if you really like Victoria, ask her out. But make sure Zhou Mi stays home.” he says laughing.

“I love you!”

“Love you too!”

And that was our call.

LATER, AT MUSIC CLASS.

“I have something to announce.” the teacher said, making the whole class become silent.

“What is it?” everyone wispers.

“It’s a UCC contest. Well, a little more than that, but it’s made by SMent and the winning team gets to become a SM trainee.”

Sounds perfect. Remember when I said that I knew that my day will come? It’s here. Well, almost.

“Form teams of how many you want, make a song – and that includes both writing and composing – and make a music video. You get all the needed equipment.”

I already have a brilliant idea.

“Sign up after this class, and pick your teams now.” the teacher adds.

Qian.

“Kyuhyun-shii! We’ll do it together, right?” Zhou mi says.