C. 38

Poison bites

 

Hey mom, you're not joining us tonight?“

Jongin painstaikingly adjusts the collar of his shirt infront of the bathroom mirror.

 

Mrs. Kim is sitting outside, lazily browses a magazine with a glass of redwine on the small table besides her.

Jongin crouches down besides her, snatching the magazine away with a sassy expression on his handsome face.

 

I'm afraid I'll be a little too old to go dancing like in the old times“, she chuckles lovingly, while gently ruffling Jongin hair.

 

God mom you're ruining it.“ He desperately tries to put his locks back into place.

You look stunning little rabbit. The Brazilian girls are gonna fall for you in a row, I promise.“

 

Not quite sure if he should be flattered or embarassed at his mom's compliment, Jongin simply plants a kiss on her cheek, before taking a sip of her wine.

 

Mmm, good one. Are you hiding it somewhere?“

 

Mrs. Kim chuckles and snatches the glass back.

Maybe … I know how greedy you can get sweety. Now go have fun and please be quiet when you return.“

 

Alright, we're still waiting for the taxi to arrive.“

 

Her eyebrows arche up in surprise. „Oh Sehun's gonna drink as well?“

She lifts her finger in a motherly gesture. „Tell him to not exxagerate it too much. He still has to look out for my little rabbit.“

 

Jongin merely rolls his eyes with an understanding smile on his face and nods in agreement.

Sure mom, we'll be fine. Enjoy your evening and if something's weird or broken call us.“

 

Sure sweety“, she waves her son of casually, proceeding to browse the magazine.

 

Jongin returns inside, where Sehun is already waiting for him with two fancy glasses of wine.

He draws closer to Jongins ear, mumbling on the quiet: „I found her wine. But don't tell her. We'll get a fine Brazilian one on the way back as a replacement.“

 

Trying hard to hold back his laughter, Jongin bites his lips, while clinking glasses.

 

Just when Jongin is ready to take the first sip, Sehuns phone, that had rested on the kitchen counter calmly until now starts ringing obstrusively.

Sehun sets down his glass with an apologetic smile and proceeds on answering the call.

 

As he walks past Jongin into his bedroom, the younger still clearly understands Sehun hissing „I told you not to call me, haven't I?!“ into the phone.

It actually manages to care Jongin off a little as Sehuns display of obvious dismay is so very different from his usual personality.

 

He carefully takes a sip of the wine, arching his eyebrows in admitted admiration.

Damn, that stuff is good“, he mumbles, „Mom seriously got taste.“

Now what' with that dickhead again?“

 

Cautious not to make unnecessary noise, Jongin steps closer to the bedroom, hiding behind the door slightly left ajar to catch a glimpse of their conversation.

He swears if that bastard is gonna ruin the evening by not even being there, Jongin would call a taxi, ride to his hotel to beat the outta that useless piece of .

 

All Jongin wants tonight is a little fun and perhaps some drinks and not a fully grown relationship crisis.

 

No, don't call me again!“

 

Recoiling quick before Sehun would notice his presence, Jongin lightfootedly returns to the counter, pretending to scroll through his phone in anticipation of Sehuns return.

 

The elder isn't long in coming and charges out of the room with quick, angry steps.

His face resembles a storm cloud which he quickly tries to cover up with a bright smile to not trouble the younger in a failed attempt.

 

Jongin passes his glass over. „You should really work on your acting skills, that smile was miserable. Drink up, the taxi arrived.“

 

Not having enough time to be irritated at Jongins statement, Sehun empties the glass in one go before the two get into the taxi, riding towards the city.

 

While Sehun gives the driver short instructions on where to drive, Jongin sits back and enjoys the view of the busy streets with a whole lot of made up people stroll the sidewalks in search of their next destination for the upcoming night.

It's fascinating how a specific environment could change up the mood in such a profound way.

Back home, everyone always seems over the top busy, but over here … No matter where they went before, the scent of happieness and joy always filled the air, people strolling around carelessly, laughing, chatting …

 

Hey Jongin“, the younger feels a huge hand on his shoulders.

He must've gotten so lost in the city's atmosphere that he completely missed they've already arrived at the wanted destination.

 

Come on we're there.“

Sehun swiftly climbs out of the car, rounding the taxi to open the door for Jongin whose eyes roam the housefronts for some kind of sign or anything else that would imply a club of some sorts.

 

We're where exactly?“

He looks at Sehun in confusion but the elder merely chuckles and leads the way towards a backyard with some people strolling outside, smoking or talking.

 

This way“, Sehun points towards a small dorframe, taking Jongins hand while walking down a winded staircase.

Careful not to slip, those can get get pretty damp later on.“

 

Jongin overhears the comment, still shocked by his hand inside Sehuns just like that.

Unsure what to do about this, wether freeing himself of the grip or not, Jongin follows down into a basement vault with the music getting louder and louder the closer they got to a room in the center.

 

Jongin stops for a moment, taking in the sight infront of him.

So many colourful dresses whip around to the rhthmic music being played, so many beautiful bodies pressed to one another closely and people enjoying themselfs more than Jongin had ever encountered.

 

It's Sehun who drags him towards the bar with a deep, happy laughter.

Surprised?“

 

Being served a Mojito Jongin still incredulously stares at the crowd on the dancefloor.

It's … defnitely not what I expected. Have you been here before?“

 

These are on the house. It's good to see you again Sehun“, the bartender shouts over the music, flashing Sehun her brightest smile.

 

Got your question answered?“

 

Jongins mouth drops even further down and Sehuns laughter only grows louder and louder.

 

Take a sip, I promise it's the best Mojito you'll ever have.“

 

Encouraged by Sehuns words, Jongin curiously takes a sip.

Hi eyes widen with delight.

 

Oh my God you're right, this stuff is unelievable!“

He almost downs the whole glass in one go, leaving Sehun ordering two more by the pretty bartender.

 

You'll have to explain this to me later“, Jongin states, already busy with his second drink, relishing in the heavenly taste of mint and sugar.

 

How about hitting the dancefloor for now? I'm sure you won't be dancing alone for very long.“

 

Jongin finishes his drink in a swift movement.

From your mouth to Gods ears Oh Sehun.“

 

Both leave for the dancefloor, mingling with the beautiful crowd while moving to the raggaeton music smoothly.

 

Eventually pushed around by the crowd, Jongin loses track of Sehun but that guy obviously is well known around here so he wouldn't have any trouble merging in.

 

As for Jongin, he looks around a little clueless until he notices a latin boy dancing across the floor blatantly flashing him a sultry smile.

A litte taken aback by the open display of interest, Jongin hesistates at first but eventually smiles back, causing the boy to charmingly dance his way through the knot of ladies before Jongin.

 

Damn that guy seems to be a second Jongin: Dropdead gorgeous, charming and sultry seemingly by nature.

 

He introduces himself with a cute spanish accent.

Hello gorgeous. How come you of all people dance on your own?“

 

It took exactly one song to completely fall for the Brazilian prince charming.

His lips close to Jongins ears as they dance hips on hips mumble honey-sweet compliments and fantasies that curl Jongins lips up into a naughty smile.

 

His hands travel down on the guys gorgeous body, pulling him even closer to the rhythm of the music.

 

That's when Sehun overlooks the crowd, in wonder of Jongin being alright.

However, that he would've hooked someone so quick was more than a surprise, if a pleasant one, Sehun couldn't quite decide yet.

 

He mindlessly turns the woman in his arms out and in again, watching Jongin rolling his hips alluringly against some latin guys admittedly gorgeous body while the latter took a firm hold of them as both seemed to merge together perfectly.

 

They seem to be completely lost in their own world, gazing deeply into each others eyes.

Jongin draws closer every now and then, mumbling something into the strangers ear while grabbing the black, luscious hair in a playful motion.

 

The stranger would smirk flirtatously, planting kisses along Jongins neck while grabbing his hips to draw them closer to his body.

 

An icky feeling crawls up Sehuns spine which he naturally would shrug off as protectiveness.

Something about this whole scene seemed off … They've known each other for what? Half an hour maximum? And now they're almost getting it on right on the dancefloor?

What if this guy had anything but good intentions on his mind?

 

Sehun sends the woman he danced with away, making his way towards the bar, where he sits down and orders two shots of Tequila, downing them both in a swift movement, ordering two more.

 

Sehun has to admit Jongin is incredibly gorgeous and well built and he seems to know.

No matter where they are, he always seems to draw peoples attention with his model good looks and alluring personality.

 

It's only natural for him to quickly find someone who desires to have a taste of that honey.

 

The hell, what on earth is going on in his mind?!

Jongin is still his student, regardless of the short amount of time remaining for him in high school.

Still this boy is one of the most incredible persons he has ever met in his life and it doesn't surprise Sehun that most people are so intrigued by his personality.

 

If being honest, Sehun has to admit that even he himself felt intrigued by his challenging person, his witty but dropdead honest way of speaking, his intelligence hidden beind a nonchalant facade.

Everything comes together in one gorgeous being.

And one hella sultry as well.

 

The way he moves together with the brazilian guy got Sehun biting his lips in slight mindlessness, thinking about the last time he had a similar encounter with a person being as passionate and intriguing as Jongin.

 

It has been a while to be honest.

It was never that alluring gaze, that eyecontact you just didn't dare to break, the accelerating heartbeat while imagining all the things you wanted to do with the other later on, the tangile tension right before the first kiss …

 

Goddamnit Sehun snap out of it“, he admonishes himself but to no success as he already feels his body reacting to his naughty thoughts.

 

He quickly downs the two shots, ordering one more.

 

It just couldn't be that he feels deeply aroused right now at the fanatsy of having a y adventure on the dancefloor.

That just shouldn't be in no kind of way related to Jongin.

 

It mildly disgusts Sehun that he even took this boy into consideration for his goddamn obnoxious urges.

He shakes his head, about to down the shot when two hands stumble against his shoulder and arm.

 

Oh Jesus, save me please that guy's gonna suffocate me sooner than later with his pushieness.“

It's Jongin, completely covered in a thin layer of sweat, a wide grin on his face as if he didn't notice anything weird about Sehuns behaviour.

 

I thought you were having a pretty good time with him? At least from the looks of it.“

 

Now Jongin a sassy eyebrow at him.

, that might have come out colder than intended.

Goddamnit Sehun, you ing idiot!

 

Sorry, might have had a drink too much. Do you want something?“
Sehun imploringly prays for this maneuver to suffice for distraction.

 

Oh God please“, Jongin moans, slumping down on the stool out of breath.

And again Sehun's utterly irritated how even the simplest gestures would come off as seductive and slightly ual.

 

Still he orders a Mojito with extra ice for Jongin which he thankfully accepts and out within seconds.

 

Gosh this is so good. I could drink this for a week straight.“

 

If he sounded the same under someone … ?

 

, stop it Sehun!, he inwardly curses, slapping himself mentally for losing control over his tipsy thoughts.

 

Go ahead, get yourself another“, Sehun encourages the younger with a genuine smile,

Order one for me as well.“

 

Both sip on their drinks for a while until Jongin spots the brazilian guys face making his way through the crowd and he startles.

 

You think you're still able to dance?“, Jongin nervously mumbles towards Sehun who shoots him a questioning look.

Quick, he's almost here, come on.“

 

Only now Sehun realizes it's about the latin guy aiming for Jongin again.

 

Jongin quickly drags Sehun along to the dancefloor, a pleading look in his eyes while he bites his lower lip innocently.

Mind me using you as a shield tonight?“

 

Sehuns lips curl up into an affectionate smirk and he grabs Jongins hand and hip, starting to dance to the Salsa beat before Jongin could react properly.

Not at all. This way I know at least you're not getting by random guys around that look at you like you're a piece of meat.“

 

Jongin grins amusedly.

You serious? I'm old enough I can watch out for myself, promised.“

 

Sehun jauntingly turns Jongin around.

 

Yeah that's why I'm being used now, eh?“

 

Jongin merely rolls his eyes with a sassy grin, giving in to the dynamic spins and quick, smooth steps of Sehun across the dancefloor.

 

I never thought you'd be such an incredible dancer.“

Sehun turns him out and in again, catching Jongin with a meaningful grin on his lips.

 

I've learned from the best, inside this club actually before I left for Greece. Those rules are simple“, he pulls Jongin closer to avoid a collision with other dancers, „make eyecontact, grab someone and get on the floor.“

 

He pushes Jongin away with a smirk on his face, letting go of his hands, resulting in Jongin stumbling backwards into a woman wearing a bold pink dress.

He quickly apologizes, glaring daggers at the snickering Sehun.

 

And then push your partner recklessly into the crowd?“

Jongin angrily dusts off his clothes, shaking his head over so much awkwardness in one dance.

 

One second he could literally feel Sehuns heartbeat through the thin fabric of his unbottoned shirt and the next second he's pushed away like a piece of dirt for the fun of it.

Enough!

 

Jongin angrily steps towards the bar, ordering a couple of shots for himself to calm down his fiery temper.

He knows he might be overacting on that but somehow this moment had felt special and now it had been destroyed in the most perfidious way.

 

He's about to down another shot when a glass is snatched away from the table.

 

A light shriek emits from Jongins mouth once he spots the Brazilian guy he danced with earlier besided him.

 

That one seems quite amused at Jongins small outbreak of panic.

 

Ran away from me gorgeous? What's wrong?“

He inches closer, grabbing Jongins hair in a sensual motion.

 

His lips draw closer to his ear as he whispers: „I thought we got along well earlier if you know what I mean.“

 

Jongins body freezes in slight panic, not knowing what to answer.

Actually the younger thought, dancing and having Sehun close would throw some unmistakable signals at the guy but his pushieness seems to know no boundaries.

 

Almost about to push the guy away, he feels two strong arms wrapping themselfs around him from behind gently.

There you are love“, a deep, husky voice speaks into his ear, slowly pulling him out of the mans grip, „I thought I'd lost you somewhere in the crowd.“

 

Jongins body freezes even more, as he feels Sehuns body closely pressed against his back, his head leaned inside the crook of his neck lightly, close enough for Jongin to feel his breath against his cheek.

 

He turns Jongin around, putting an arm around his shoulders protectively while throwing pointed glares at the guy infront of him, dark enough for him to back off with his hands up in defense.

 

The whole scene had lasted a minute maximum but pressed against Sehuns chest, inhaling his intoxicating scent while simultanuously barely being able to breathe everything seems to lapse in slow motion, expanding the minute into half an eternity.

 

Are you ok?“, Sehun asks gently, detatching the frozen Jongin from his lean upper body to look him straight in the eyes.

 

The latter blinks a few times in utter confusion before shaking his head to grasp hold of himself again.

Y-yeah, I- uhm, I just didn't expect … that.“

 

Feeling hotness creeping up his cheeks, Jongin quickly looks elsewhere for distraction.

 

Wanna go somewhere else? This place suddenly tastes awful.“

 

Jongin immediately snaps out of it, nodding ferociously at Sehuns proposal just to escape from this awkward, tense atmosphere the club leaves on his tounge.

 

Both quickly gather their belongings and call a taxi on the sidewalk.

 

I might know a place that suits you quite well“, Sehun grins as they climb inside.

 

 

VIP-lounge??“

Jongins mouth is wide agape as he sits on the edge of a velvety sofa, his body stiff and awkward as he watches Sehun lean back with a wide, content grin on his beautifully curved lips.

Who on earth do you NOT know?“

 

The elder shouts for a waiter before turning to Jongin: „It's always good to have connections. One never knows when they might come in handy.“

 

He orders something in a different language, making Jongin silently wonder if he even knows half of the man that sits in front of him.

 

He wordlessly takes the fancy drink served with utter accuracy and turns it around in his hands.

The liquid shimmering in the dim light of the lounge appears to be clear blue, interspersed with small crystals of ice.

He takes a whiff unobstrusively before putting it back onto the shining table.

 

It's ok“, Sehun encourages with a genuine smile, „don't feel guilty. I know these people, I won't pay a single dime.“

 

Jongin shifts in his seat uncomfortably, although the soft material literally swallows his aching muscles.

 

Umm, it's not like that, it's just …“, he looks around helplessly, eventually fixing his gaze onto the fancy drink, „I guess I'm not used to that level of fancieness.“

He tries to muster a smile but ends up with awkward jerks of his facial muscles.

 

Sehun seems to twig quickly and leans forward, his shirt now revealing an inviting view on his toned chest.

He gets up with his drink in hand and moves over to Jongin smoothly before sitting down besides him.

If Sehun attempts to make Jongin feel better he's utterly failed.

Jongins body stiffens even more and he instictively leans to the side as Sehun elegantly sinks down into the soft material of the sofa.

He takes Jongins drink, pressing it into his hand before turning to the younger with a sassy grin.

 

We're toasting to you and your mom now ok?“

He lifts his glass with eyebrows arched in exciting anticipation.

You two deserve this and nothing less. Cheers!“

 

Jongin warily eyes his glass, moving the blue liquid back and forth slightly.

You're not putting me on drugs are you?“

 

Sehun leans even further forward, his smirk widening.

Of course, I wanna one of my students at the end of the world, didn't you know?“

 

Jongin must've looked pretty hilarious because only seconds after Sehun had said it, he breaks out into bellowing laughter, Jongin finally taking a sip out of awkwardness.

 

Ok you seriously wanna make me look like a complete idiot tonight right?“

Jongin puts his drink down with a huffy expression on his face.

 

Sehuns smile softens as he turns the glass inside his hand as if deep in thoughts.

 

You know I thought you could use some joke right now. You seemed a little … distressed because of the whole Ian issue.“

 

Oh please don't mention that name again or Imma puke onto this million dollar table“, Jongin moans with his eyes rolling in annoyance.

 

Sehuns lips twitch into a short grin.

Promised I won't mention him again. I'm sorry he's ruined everything.“

 

He downs his whole drink in one go, ordering a new one together with something from a black card on the table, elegantly crested with golden letters.

 

I should've known better“, Sehun sighs, suddenly more serious than ever.

His lips form a thin, rigorous line and the crease on his forehead deepens with every second.

If Jongin wouldn't know better, he'd say Sehun is about to cry but the second the thought passes his head, the latter lifts his head up with a smile plastered all over his face.

 

I really shouldn't bother you with that bull Jongin. I'm sorry.“

With a reassuring smile, he clinks glasses with Jongin before taking a long sip of his drink.

 

Ok perhaps Jongin was dense sometimes but hell he wasn't dumb.

The tension and awkwardness filling the room right now is literally tangible and it would accelerate even further if both decided to drop this topic now.

How many times had he experienced the utter awkwardness between his relatives, aquaintances, friends if something remained unsaid, nearly screaming at them to sort things out?

It had always been painful only to be near those conversations.

 

He firmly puts his glass down, a stern look on his faintly illuminated face.

 

Ok please let's not be grown ups for a second, pretending everything is ok.“

Sehun looks up in confusion and surprise at the same time but Jongin quickly continues.

 

I've seen this way too many times. My mom always said you'll understand when you grow older but the only thing I understand is unspoken stuff is not vanishing just by seeming ignorance. So tell me, what's still bothering you about Ian? The whole issue is anything but solved.“

 

Mouth agape, the latter stares at Jongin in shock and it takes several moments for Sehun to compose himself to an appropriate level.

 

I …“, he averts his gaze, sipping on his drink, „I'm angry at myself, not him to be honest.“

 

Jongin arches his eyebrows questioningly, sipping on his drink as well.

 

You know he said some pretty nasty stuff back then and I simply ignored it because I thought he was making some weird jokes.“

 

A deep crease starts forming on Jongins forehead as he listens to Sehun as an equally nasty idea starts to take root in his mind.

 

He wasn't talking about me in particular by any chance?“


As Sehun averts his gaze, Jongins blood begins boiling slowly.

 

What a sick bastard. Who does he think he is?“

Jongin sends a pleading look Sehuns way.

Please tell me you didn't give in to those accusations or whatever he was telling.“

 

Sehun merely shakes his head, his dark hair playing around his sharp face.

Of course not, otherwise he wouldn't be huffing in a fancy hotel now. I just felt so guilty for not noticing earlier what a sick and twisted game he had been pulling all the time.“

 

Although still fuming, Jongins face softens a little. Looking at Sehuns face that resembles a beaten puppy right now, he just couldn't bring himself to go on a rant right now.

 

Better now than never“, Jongin sighs deeply, downing his drink, „imagine what might have happened otherwise.“

 

Sehun waves his statement off with a sarcastic grin.

Don't you think I wouldn't have gone through any possible scenario in my head already.“

 

His face suddenly starts getting even more serious as he leans forward, closer to Jongin.

 

He seems to hesitate for a short moment, averting his gaze to the ground.

Then he reaches forward to gently take hold of Jongins hand with both of his', causing the latter to slightly flinch at the unusually intimate gesture.

 

His face immediately flushes bright red, cheeks burning hot with awkwardness while his heartbeat nearly tripled.

 

Listen Jongin“

 

Why does this feel like a love confession?

 

Even if he was right and you'd cause hell for me and your family, I'd always choose you and your mom over everything, ok?“

 

Alright, not as cheesy as imagined but still hella creepy and above all awkward as .

Jongin doesn't quite know what to answer.

He uncomfortablly shifts in his seat, eager to not move his hand or arms, looking elsewhere but at Sehun.

Damn doesn't this idiot realize how hella embarassing this whole situation is right now?!

 

Jongin stiffly nods, hoping Sehun would finally let go of his hand.

 

It wasn't until that moment that Jongin realized exactly what causes the utter discomfort.

 

Not Sehun engaging in a rather intimate gesture alongside these heartfelt words, which Jongin'd never doubt to be disingenuous.

At this very moment it violently dawned on him that feeling Sehuns hands around his, the warmth they're radiating and the caution with which they enclose it, feel utterly familiar.

As panic starts to rise from his stomach, strangling his throat painfully, he quickly withdraws his hands and proceeds to occupy his hands with the rest of the drink, lingering lonely inside the glass.

 

Luckily, seconds after the strange incident, a waiter arrives with two plates of mouthwatering food, served on fancy dishes.

Both quickly indulge in eating the delicious food and silence descended upon them until Sehun mumbled in between two bites: „I think, I'll send Ian home. I don't want him to ruin the rest of the vacay.“

 

Jongin looks up from his plate in surprise.

 

Are you serious?“ He puts his fork down frowning. „You knwo he's gonna throw a tantrum at least. Actually I'm pretty sure he's gonna break into the beachhouse and give us all a bloody kill.“

 

Sehun swallows with closed eyes before peaking at Jongin with one eye opened.

No he's only gonna kill you. I'll be kidnapped to live in his basement like a little puppy for the rest of his miserable life.“

 

Returning the wary look both stare at each other for a couple of seconds, deciding wether to laugh it off or start panicing.

As for Jongin, the latter seems most natural given Ians manipulative personality but examining Sehuns face, illuminated just enough to make out his features, he clearly recognizes the typical twitch around the corner of his mouth before he usually broke out into barking laughter.

 

Don't tell me you're actually believing that bull?“ The corners of his mouth start stretching out wider and wider until Jongin could hear the beginning of the deep, thunderous laughter barking out of his widely grinning lips.

 

Jongin clearly knows how irritated he has to look right now, accelerating his frustration even more as he tries to muster a grin himself.

Sehun hadn't missed a single chance today to completely make him look like a fool, this time included.

It's nothing but irritating.

 

Usually, Jongin experienced himself to be extremely dominant in every area of his life.

The one who keeps everything together, the one who is in charge, the one to be present everywhere. There were times, he'd felt like being on top of the world but Sehun manages to crash his dominance without batting an eyelash.

 

One look at the right time is enough to completely question himself and his identity, let alone his actions like finding reasons to make fun of Jongin which often leads him to feel like a kid instead of the adolescent he actually is.

 

Sure, Sehun is still his teacher but he'd always treated him as an equal when it came to manage the club's issues and problems.

Why is he being made fun of so frequently now?

 

Sehun seems to notice the deep frown on Jongins forehead and immediately stops laughing.

He leans forward with a concerned look covering his eyes.

Jongin are you ok? You look appaled.“

 

Still frowning, the latter shakes his head and empties his glass, feeling the boozy carelessnes losening his tounge to the point where he bluntly aks: „Am I still a kid to you?“

 

Now it's Sehuns time to frown as he listens to Jongins rather odd question.

How come you ask?“

 

Jongin would've preferably just shaken the question off but now that the cat's out of the bag, he had no choice but to answer something coherent at best.

 

You still treat me like a puppy that needs protection and needless to say you're makin' me look like a complete idiot quite often.“

 

A small smirk appears on Sehuns sensual lips.

Don't tell me you of all people can't handle a tad of humor?“

 

Jongins frown deepens. „That's not what I mean.“

 

What's the matter then?“

 

I never feel a difference between us when we're working together but once I set foot out of the clubs doors I'm treated like a kiddo. I don't need protection, I've endured a lifetime worth of scary .“

 

An almost inaudible sigh exits Sehuns lips.

He looks down, his hands forming an elegant knot that supports his forehead.

 

A moment of silence descends upon the whole room excpet for the music playing in the background.

 

Behind the knot of his hands, Sehun opens his eyes again, directy looking at Jongin.

 

That's why“, he simply mumbles with his deep, husky voice, slowly moving his hands onto his legs again.

 

I'm never gonna let someone hurt you like this again. Even if you disagree“, he gets up, moving to the bar at the end of the room, pouring himself a glass out of an expensive looking bottle, „I won't stop doing whatever it takes to deflect any future harm.“

 

A strange mixture of gratitude and anger starts rising up inside Jongin and he jumps up from his seat, hands clenched tightly into fists.

 

As I said I don't need protection! I'm not a helpless little , I can watch out for myself. No one cared for as long as I can remember anyway, so why should I change up the game now?“

 

Before Jongin comprehends what's going on, Sehun snatches at Jongins wrist, holding it tightly to prevent the younger from escaping as he stares down into his eyes coldly.

 

With a deep, dark voice he quitely but distinctely hisses: „Don't ever say that again, you heard me?“

 

Way too taken aback to answer, Jongin merely stares at Sehuns menacing presence with his mouth agape, frozen at the spot.

Not as single muscle would move even an inch as Sehun stares him down mercielessly.

 

His breath, shallow and fast seems to hitch in his throat, creating a feeling of slow suffocation as his brain still tries to comprehend what exactly is going on.

 

The next second, Sehun starts to push Jongin backwards against the wall behind the sofa, causing him to finally snap out of his trance and struggle to get out of Sehuns firm grip only to the result that his wrists are being held even tighter.

 

Stop it“, Sehun smirks maliciously, „it's useless. Now listen“

 

As Jongin wouldn't stop winding and struggling to get away from the elder, Sehun slams his wrists against the wall together with his body.

 

Listen“, he hisses again dangerously quiet, causing Jongin to freeze with fear.

 

What on earth could he have possibly said to upset Sehun to such an extent?

Even when angry, Sehun never had this eeriely cold look in his eyes that would even cause the head of a Yakuza clan to his pants.

His whole presence seems to have darkened abruptly and the rooms temperature feels like having dropped several degrees.

 

Being trapped by his towering figure accelerates his heartbeat til the point he believes it would just burst out of his ribcage with ease.

He quickly averts his gaze by leaning his head to the side, eyes tightly shut in fearful anticipation.

 

He flinches when Sehuns dark voice starts speaking again.

If you ever dare to claim again that no one cares about you now, I'll beat you black and blue and believe me“, he tightens his grip, „I'm being serious here.“

 

He loosens it a little after a seemingly endless pause of eery silence.

You made me question my whole existence, my past, my present, my family and friends. You caused me sleepless nights, thinking about how I could possibly help you and yet“, he slowly slides his hands down Jongins arms, „you brushed me off countless times. You're the most unique person I've ever see, so astonishingly talented yet cursed with such horrible circumstances. I'm damn sure you're able to stand on your own two feet I've never seen someone handling issues like you before.“ His features slowly soften into a portrayal of subtly emitting pain.

You've burned in hellfire and still you come out strong as a cast iron pan.“

Through the hurt thinly layered all over is face, a small smile curls up Sehuns lips for a short moment.

You're everything I'm not and I've always been afraid of the day you'd realize just how ed up I really am.“

Eyes unwavering, he directly stares into Jongins widely opened eyes, the painful expression still lingering in them like a forgotten memory that crashed upon you at night with all it's force.

And I'm afraid you might realize you don't need me anymore one day.“

He takes a deep breath, his hand covering his mouth as he looks away for a second before turning to Jongin again, whose eyes softly glisten in the dim light, taking on the same anguish as Sehuns.

Jongin you left me sleepless for endless nights because after all this time you're still an enigma to me. I can't figure you out nor am I able to figure out what's going on inside me. I tried so hard to forget about it and let it be but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried, you were stuck in my head over and over.“

He closes his eyes as if to think deeply.

I know I really shouldn't say all these things to you but I can't bear the thought of losing you.“

 

Mustering a small smile, Sehun continues: „Even if we'll part one day because of college, I still wanted you to know all of this. Forgive me for making things complicated.“

 

Now Jongin immediately snaps out of his freeze and shakes his head vigorously.

Oh my God no. If someone made anything complicated it's me. If it wasn't about me, things wouldn't have been so utterly ed up at all. I-“

 

He stops midsentence, desperately looking for the right words to say.

, I'm so so sorry“, he looks at Sehun like a beaten dog only to quickly avert his gaze the next second, „I feel like I've caused more trouble than good.“

 

Sehun quickly steps forward to put Jongin in a tight embrace, resting his chin on top of Jongins dark locks.

Agonizing seconds start to pass with neither of them speaking a single word.

Sehun only tightens the embrace until their proximity allows him to feel the gentle lifting and lowering of Jongins chest as he breathes fast and shallow, almost as if he doesn't dare to move only an inch.

Even through the soft material of his shirt, Sehun clearly feels the nearly tripping heartbeat of the younger.

You're the best that ever happened to me“, Sehun gently breaks the silence with his voice being merely a whisper as he buries his face deeper inside Jongins hair, breathing in the intoxicating scent.

At this point he couldn't discern anymore wether it's his or Jongins heartbeat pumping so hard and loud against the cage of bones inside, his whole body shaking with a whimsical kind of excitement he had never felt before.

The need to be even closer to Jongin rushes throughout his veins like an unknown force that wouldn't allow him to step away now.

 

He gently detatches his body from Jongins, looking into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen which seem to mirror the foreign feelings painfully spinning around inside Sehun.

Jongin seems to look for something in Sehuns face, anything, any indication on what to do.

His lips faintly parted as if about to say something, he yet remains silent, the confusion in his eyes growing with every second the silence lingers between them, only interrupted by the music playing softly in the background.

 

Just about when Sehun is about to break the silence, his phone starts ringing.

Completely startled, he awkwardly fumbles out his phone.

 

Mrs. Kim? What's wrong?“

A moment of silence before Sehuns expression darkens.

Yes, we'll be there as soon as possible.“


Alright my beautiful peepe that was a MONSTER of a chapter but I felt the need to present something good to you for all the time you have been waiting <3 I really enjoyed writing it and I'm hella sure continuing here asap ;D <3 

I really hope you're doing well my little sunshines ^-^

 

leave a comment if you like, subscribe if you haven't already and most of all have fun reading :* <3 

 

Love you <3