My Not-So-Scary Christmas pt. 2 (2seok)

In the Midst of the Dark

“Ahjussi, are you sure this is the right house?” Seokjin looked at his back but to his surprise the old man was gone. Seokjin sighed. “I know this would happen.”

Seokjin was standing in front of a creepy looking apartment and if he was sane enough and didn’t drink even an ounce of alcohol he would’ve just left. But not today.

There was no doorbell so he had to knock and he would be lucky if the owner of the house won’t beat him up for being a complete disturbance. Why did he even have to go? It’s not like he’ll get something in return after this. But remembering the old man’s calloused hands and his sad expression, his heart just simply melt at the thought.

Without thinking twice, he knocked softly at the door. After getting no response he knocked again and this time, so loud that he’s afraid the neighbours will wake up.

Then the sound of the door being opened rang into his ears. It was so dark around that he couldn’t see the anything clearly but one thing is for sure, it was definitely a man.

“Who are you?” The man asked in a deep attractive voice. But Seokjin just stood there like a weirdo. What am I doing here again?

“Ahh…Uhmm… Actually, I’m here to deliver a message from someone.” Seokjin mumbled in a low voice. He started to fidget his fingers like a highschool girl who was about to confess. The taller man groaned and stared at the shorter in cold gaze. But out of a sudden, Seokjin collapsed with a loud thud.

 

 

 

 

When Seokjin opened his eyes, he was in an unknown place. He could only hear the birds’ chirp and the blinding sun rays seeping through his eyes made him shut his eyes for a few more seconds.

“Are you awake?” A deep voice startled Seokjin and when he turned his head, he saw an unfamiliar face of a young man. His head still ached from the alcohol he drank yesterday.

‘,’ Seokjin cursed inside his head as the memories of last night revisited his memory. ‘Should I tell him I saw his father?’

As he slowly turned into a sitting position, he realized that he was actually in a comfy bed. And when he looked again at his side he also realized that the man is also in the bed. Seokjin scanned his body and thankfully his clothes are still attached to his body.

‘What the am I thinking?’

Seokjin looked at the man again and he could see his eyes following his every move. Seokjin wondered if the man wasn’t even a bit shocked about the stranger shamelessly sleeping on his bed.

Seokjin decided to make an eye contact. “Actually I’m here to—“

“Shhh,” The man put his index finger on Seokjin’s lips.

 ‘Holy y potato.’

“Actually it’s been a while since someone physically entered my house.” The man said. Endearment is clear on his expression.

‘So they could enter mentally or emotionally?’

The man removed his finger after a few seconds and Seokjin was finally able to release his breath he never knew he was holding. He definitely needs to get out as fast as possible. He just need to say that he saw the man’s father yesterday, right?

But will he believe him? Nah, he just need to say what he saw and leave.

“Actually, I saw your father’s spirit yesterday. I think he wants to talk to you but he just left.” Seokjin said quickly and immediately get up but before he could even make his run towards the door, a grip on his wrist stopped him from going.

“Ah, okay.” The man let go of his wrist and Seokjin was about to leave…

Wait, what?

Seokjin turned his head and looked at the man like he’s some kind of a weirdo.

“My name is Hoseok by the way. Do you want a hangover soup?”

 

 

 

 

“What?!”

“Yeah, my father always do that every Christmas. I’m sorry for the disturbance though. I always tell him to cross the Styx River already but he’s so stubborn. He said he would only go when he already see me happily married. Crazy, right?”

“N-No, not at all.” Seokjin never expected this. Just like his house, Hoseok’s house is also filled with talismans. But unlike him, he’s not actually indifferent about seeing ghosts often. To be honest, he’s quite jealous about the man’s courage. If his father die and actually visit him he might freak out and not leave his house forever.

It’s scarier to see the people you once know as a ghost even if you actually want to see them.

“You’re actually the prettiest my father brought…”

Once the word pretty came out of the man’s mouth, his heart thumped loudly and he froze on the spot.

“Cute.” Hoseok smiled and Seokjin downed all of the soup at one go to avoid the embarrassment. Seokjin tried to convince himself that it is because he avoided strangers that he gets this flustered over one compliment but hell… Is he becoming an alien?

Seokjin put down the bowl in a careful manner and as expected, Hoseok’s smile are never faltering.

“Wanna resolve my father’s problem?” For the first time, the cold wind outside neverfelt as cold anymore and the jingles that serves as a dangerous warning became a love song in his ears.

 

All I want for Christmas is you~

 

And that is when Hoseok and Seokjin’s love story started. Seokjin’s father still can’t accept Seokjin at their household but the latter started to accept his abilities and started to go out more. But instead of ghosts, the one who’s wandering at his front door is Hoseok.

It’s fate that brought them together in a most cliché way and through the beings that Seokjin used to resent all of his life. After almost two months of courting, Hoseok finally managed to steal Seokjin’s heart and after one year…

 

 

“Mr. Jung Hoseok, do you accept Kim Seokjin as—“

“YES!” Hoseok and Seokjin both said unison and without even waiting for the priest to continue, they grinned at each other and Hoseok lift Seokjin up who squealed like a baby. Nothing matters anymore for the two of them. Not even the lined up ghosts and monsters who clapped and groaned at how disgustingly sweet they are at the background.

And not even the priest who’s obviously trying hard to get their attention.

The priest glared at the two love birds as the sound of the two’s lips colliding against each other could be heard throughout the hall.

“Yeah, yeah, and you are now both lawfully wedded couple… Okay, I’ll take my leave.” The priest left the couple.

 

They lived happily ever after by facing the hardships in their relationship (Boys checking out Seokjin), and obstacles that blocks their path. Hoseok’s father already ascended to the heaven after their wedding and even if ghosts are so annoying (especially when they hit on Seokjin) they got used to it and they both even help the other ghosts to solve their problems.

 

And now Seokjin’s past scary Christmas became not-so-scary anymore thanks to his love, his fate, Jung Hoseok.

 

 

-The End-

 

 

 

 a/n: Guys tell me I’m not the only one who cringed at this story lmao XD

P.S. Why can't I change the font anymore? Someone please answer, I'm frustrated ;-;