Hold Me 7: Sleepless

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hold Me 7: Sleepless

 

“Live on, my son.. live on…” His father had said as his shadow faded away.

 

Blood… blood everywhere.

 

Screams… wailing of help. The sound of the ambulance ringing through his ears. It was loud.

 

Sungjae jolted up in shock as he scanned around his room, hands clutching the comforter on his bed. He touched his forehead that was sweating profusely by now. The room felt so hot so he quickly went to the bathroom, throwing out whatever food he has in his stomach that night.

 

It was a nightmare.

 

A bad nightmare.

 

He never went back to sleep that night, scared of dreaming the same thing.

 

So he resorted on staring at the wall, at times, biting his nails.

 

What if his mother will abandon him like his father will.

 

What if his mother hated him…

 

He stared lifelessly at his phone, hoping that his mother will at least say a few words to him.

 

None.

 

***

 

It seems that whatever news or rumors spreading around the school for the day involve him. The hot topic for the day was how Joy fleets from the school or whatever school meeting she was supposed to go to by riding on his motorbike.

 

They called it ‘The Great Escape’

 

He doesn’t get how they practically make a big deal out of nothing. He wasn’t part of this grandeur lifestyle that the high school students apparently have. Not when he just kept it to himself and his hyungs.

 

He had always been the subject of pity, lately.. so he was used to being the talk of the town. But not this time… he never knows being remotely associated with someone can bring so much attention to him who has remained invisible ever since that incident.

 

Nobody dares to talk to him except for his BTOB gang.

 

He was a loner.

 

“Yo maknae!” Minhyuk hyung pulled out a chair and sit next to the brooding Sungjae who has his earpods on his ears.

 

“Hi hyung.” He murmured, feeling drain with his dark circles apparent for everyone to see.

 

“What’s with you today? You seem more down than previously if it was even possible.”

 

“People, just keep talking about me. What did I do to attract attention?”

 

Minhyuk chuckled in amusement. “You being entangled with Joy is front page news worth Sungjae.”

 

“I don’t understand hyung. I’m so sleepy and dysfunctional right now, I cannot make any sense about anything.”

 

“People like you two together, don’t you know that?” Minhyuk grinned.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Well, they thought you are dating and its cute.”

 

“We are not.”

 

“I know Sungjae. But people have always like a story where being a relationship make someone a better person.”

 

“It is not that simple.”

 

“Talk about the devil.” Minhyuk angled his eyes towards the girl who walked past the hallway of his classroom.

 

His eyes met hers for a second.

 

She ignored him.

 

Okay.

 

What the hell did he do so wrong?

 

She is the one asking for a kiss.

 

Geez. Why is woman so hard to figure out.

 

“She is confusing.” Sungjae mumbled frustratingly.

 

“I saw that too. Woah, that hurts.”

 

Sungjae glared at his hyung.

 

“Chill, maknae. Joy is not a simple person. After all that dark history going on.”

 

“What dark history?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter