Hold me 11: Her Hair

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hold Me 11: Her Hair

BGM: Lee Hi - Breathe

 

Her hair...

 

Her striking new hair....

 

Joy was honestly scared to enter the house, so she stood there outside of the humongous gate and stared at it. She clenched the side of her clothes as she breathes a deep sigh. Sometimes, she wanted to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Her life was never a spectacle but it currently, is. She is the daughter of a huge entertainment conglomerate. Has her life plan ahead of her to debut in a girl group which her new father put in the same school as hers.

 

She didn’t want to befriend them but.. they melt her.

 

Yeri, Irene, Seulgi and Wendy. They embraced her broken soul.

 

This is her life now. This is her parents now.

 

She walked through the grand door and the familiar faces greeted her as the ‘ahgasshi’ of the house. She can see the split second of shock that was registered in their eyes but they were too scared to say anything so they stared down at the floor.

 

“New hair.” She said softly, bowing back to them.

 

She can see them quivering at her statement.

 

She sighed silently. Her adopted parents must not like her new appearance at all.

 

Just like what she expected, Lee Soo Man just stared at the girl who just get back from seeing her grandmother, wide eyed.

 

“What is that with your hair?”

 

“Can you not ask anything about it?”

 

“Not ask?!” That was the first time she had ever heard he raised his voice at her and it makes her shudder. She can see the strained on his neck with the evident veins popping out. It was quite scary to say the least. She had never caused… or to be exact caught in trouble.

 

“I will dye it back to black soon.”

 

“You didn’t come back on the date you promise us. Your mother is so worried, she is sick on the bed. At this rate you are going, it feels like I should go and debut you as an idol or something under my company right away. Now, lady, you owe me an explanation.”

 

“Can I tell you later? I have school to go too.”

 

“Who says you are going to school..”

 

“But ahjusshi!?”

 

Lee Soo Man narrowed his eyes.

 

“I mean..” She closed her eyes feeling extremely bitter. “Appa.. My friends will be worried.”

 

“Let them. You are not going to go to school until you let me know where your misdemeanour comes from.”

 

“Does this mean I cannot go back to my hometown to visit my family?” Joy murmured.

 

“Do you think I’m that cruel, my child?”

 

She knows she wasn’t supposed to, but she gave him a slight nod… “Ne. I’m not your kid.”

 

He stared at her, no words being spoken between them. He looked too shocked to even say anything.

 

“Let us care of you, Sooyoung. You need to let us in.”

 

A trail of tears followed her soon afterwards and she found herself running towards her room.

 

She buried her face in her pillow to stop herself from sobbing. She doesn’t want to answer him that way… she knew she was being cruel but… must she tell them what she is doing with her life? Must they know what bad things she has been doing? What will them say about this imperfect kid who is far from upholding their reputation… will they punish her?

 

A soft thud on the door was heard soon after interrupting her from her reverie.

 

“Go to school but can you visit your mother the first thing once you are back?”

 

“O-okay.” She said hiccuping.

 

Am I so far gone that I cannot be the way I used to be?

 

Going home is another thing, going to school is a different story entirely.

 

She needs to meet her friends…

 

And of course, Yook Sungjae.

 

Just like what she expected, she caused a great scene when she took a reluctant step inside the hallway of the school. Loud murmurs can be heard everywhere. She thought it was her evident strawberry coloured hair… but it was also because Taehyung was approaching her. Without her permission, he placed his hand on her head and ruffled her hair.

 

“Nice hair.” He grinned. “It almost similar to mine.”

 

With an immediate reflex, she withdrew her head away. “Shut up.”

 

“Look, it's your boy toy..” He snickered at the reddened woman who was about to claw him… anytime soon.

 

She looked around her… and yes, among the crowd was him. Yook Sungjae. She gulped and found her breath hitched.

 

How… will she explain?

 

She cursed under her breath.

 

It was as if it was an automatic reaction. It was like a magnetic pull… she found herself fast-walked to his whereabouts.

 

Sungjae slammed his locker door ignoring her.

 

She knew right away, he was angry.

 

“Hi.” She tried to talk.

 

He didn’t spare her any look. He was about to leave when she grabbed his wrist hurriedly.

 

He wanted to pull away but did not want to create a scene. People were still lingering in the hallway and Joy was definitely attracting unwanted attention on them.

 

“Can you not..”

 

“Oppa…” She said in a soft inaudible voice.

 

Something about her voice… something about the crack he can hear… something about it that makes him feel like she wished it was just the two of them made him turned to look at her.

 

She looked broken…

 

Like she was about to cry but she was trying hard not to.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

“Not now, Joy.”

 

“Please.”

 

He was so weak… he wanted to hug her. But god damn it, the image of her new couple look with Taehyung ignites something in him. A deep-rooted annoyance th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter