Hold Me 2: Curiosity

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hold Me 2: Curiosity

 

It was yet another day, another detention period. Sungjae felt like he suffered the entire day of idling around in the class. However, he found solace on being alone for once. He spaced out while staring at the window.

‘Can I be happy?’ He questioned himself.

“Sungjae ya.. you can go back now.”

When he was about to pack his things, the teacher went and sat down on the chair next to his.

“Tell me, did you really smoke?”

He cannot look at the teacher's eyes so he defiantly looked at the wall behind the teacher and nodded, lifting the hoodie of his sweater up.

“Are you trying to cover up for Sooyoung?” Teacher Bong held his shoulder and asked him seriously,

‘What is with this teacher..’

“Sungjae, if you are covering for her. You are not helping her but you are ruining her.”

He tried to remain compose and ignored the teacher. “I don’t even know her.”

“I have known Sooyoung since she was a little kid. I’m her homeclass teacher. I know she is doing something wrong but people keep on covering for her, it will be too late to fix things if something goes wrong.” He warned Sungjae.

“Just tell me if something is really up.” Teacher Bong stood up.

Sungjae breathes a sigh of relief once the teacher walked away.

“You too, young man.” Teacher Bong suddenly looked back at him. “The world is not that bad if you let us help you. Talk to people… Just try to find someone to talk to. I’m not even asking you to ace your exam.”

 

He cycled to go back when a cat was meowing behind him so he breaks and look over his shoulder. He parked his bicycle next to the lamp post and gently patted the cat. He moved the cat over realising the cat was lying down in the middle of the street.

He was about to go back to his bicycle when he realised Joy was standing in front of the school gate. He guessed he looked at her for quite a while since her serious face was suddenly replaced by a smile.

He nodded back and soon after she entered the same white car that picked her up yesterday.

The next morning, he found himself staring at the freshman classroom longer than he should, trying to look for her.

Stupid him never did it occurs to him that he needs to know at least how to search for her.

“Ayeee, Sungjae! It seems you’ve got back the spirit aite?” Eunkwang nudged Sungjae albeit too enthusiastic.

“What are you talking about..”

“You are checking out freshman class!”

“Not really, I’m searching for someone.”

“Who?”Ilhoon left eyebrow furrowed higher than it usually was.

Sungjae contemplated for a while before decided to tell them. He trusted them with his whole heart, what harm can telling her name be.

“Do you guys know a freshman that goes by the name Joy?”

Both Changsub and Eunkwang shared a look with each other… and then stared at the maknae of the group incredulously.

“Sungjae yah… Don’t” Changsub shook his head vigorously over the maknae choice.

“It is not what you think. I just wanted to be friends with her.”

“And what exactly is that we are thinking?”

“Why you talk like she is off limits.”

“She is OFF limit. She has this gang of oppadeul on their feet if anything happens to her and she has this gang of unniedul that will be on their toes if anything happens to her. She was pretty meek before. She is like this silent and smart chubby girl in class. But something changed her. She is going by the name Joy and she got thinner and cheery. Open minded too. But somehow they turned even more p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter